My wife is laughing at my fat gut that is developing rapidly.

bbabythai

Welcome to the real world. Get over it. This normal and the way you loved showed you can not catch up when you have a small issue that makes you fall out of the routine.

Gravity, and wrong life style catch up. The fat you see you made a long time ago. Probably when you where young.

Instead of worry. Accept and ask you wife for two times massage with happy end. (Joke with respect) then both get what you want you your (extra) massage and happy ends and both get shaped.

Today people see more beautiful people in an hour then any person saw in his whole life 50 years ago.

Get over it and do things you can keep up with. That makes happy and keeps the shape mother nature had in mind.

Avoid western comfy food and sell you car. This will work

troppo: with you mate on Diet but your Exercise Regime is far too extreme ! 

Most of us here are mid 60s plus not Triathletes !

I’m 65,around 100 kg, 1.80 mmtr, visceral fat only, no gut, muscular; can manage a Daily HIIT Regime of Fin Pool Swimming / Static Bike / Weights ( 2 hours total) that’s all.That leaves me absolutely played out & no further improvements anywhere.Running Sprinting Boxing Skipping… er, no. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Cut out all the bad foods and get cycling. Not just rolling around the neighbourhood either. Get a proper road bike and go hill climbing if your in a mountainous region. I don't know any fat cyclists here and most are in good shape for their age.

Rigorous diet and good rehydration is necessary if you want to maintain your figure after you start cycling.

• Like 2

Lots of horizontal jogging will not only keep you fitter, slimmer and younger, but it will keep the wife quiet(ish) .

Always provided, of course, that you restrict the activity to "home turf "!

Or are very very careful not to be found out.

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know at least two guys in Bangkok who had a belly. Both decided to walk more instead of (motorcycle) taxis and both lost a considerable amount of weight. 

Probably because they had less time to stuff their faces since it took so long between feedstops on foot.

I'm all for exercise.  But when it takes an hour of walking to offset the calories in a small order of french fries, it seems like the easier choice is to just forgo the fries if your objective is to lose weight.

On a more serious note, most people who deliberately make a change like switching to walking also change other habits at the same time.  I suspect they also slowed down at the all you can eat buffets at the same time they started walking...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, bbabythai said:

In summary, Im getting fat, my sex life is no good anymore and my morning tea tastes like <deleted>. My wife finds all this funny. Any suggestions?

thanks 

Just trade her in for a younger model and starr drinking full fat milk again.

No problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My suggestion is based on my life experience with the same issues, which have been resolved.

I used to be overweight and hit 140 kg at 193cm height.  Now 77kg, my university weight.

Living with a Thai girlfriend was nice, but with mulitiple, significant problems related to cultural, religious, social, family, language, education, finances.  These stresses led to rapid weight gain. 

My body seemed unable to process the poisons in my body from 3 big meals daily, fast food, sugary drinks, 7/11 snacks.  My beach ball sized belly  grew daily as the fat cells encapsulated the poisons and stored them around my body until the stress was dealt with.  

Weight came shedding off after separating and eliminating the stress.  About 30kg.  The remaining 30kg weight loss occurred by eating one big meal daily and 2 smaller meals and eliminating poisoned food and drinks, all together.  Walking for an hour daily is my only form of exercise.

I learned how to do the right things by doing all the wrong first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mokwit said:

It's actually quite well understood in the pro body building community. Steroids, Insulin manipulation and growth Hormone..

They get to below normal levels of body fat using Clenbuterol/T3/DNP.

you'd be surprised, most of the bodybuilding community knows nothing about PEDs/hormones/nutrition other than what they read off google, I hired a few of the top bodybuilding coaches to teach me about hormones, nutrition, PED's, its nothing like you read on google. 

lots of stuff is "pushed" by people trying to make money in the industry, i.e DNP, which no one in the sport really uses, sold more to people wanting a magic pill to lose weight

Edited by dj230

On 10/15/2021 at 7:09 AM, bbabythai said:

think my metabolism is just slowing down. I also have some E.D issues

Early warning sign of Cardiovascular disease.   Eat more vegetables and Rice berry (whole grains), tofu, beans.  Fish isn't bad, either.  Cut down on beef, chicken and pork.

You'll be slimming down within months.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 3:40 PM, Gaccha said:

Yep. After a high blood pressure result, I went all in over 2 years ago and I'm down to 20.5 BMI. You need commitment. And forget the idea about your metabolism slowing down: that's not science, it's not a thing. Metabolism only really slows down over 60 years old and not even by much. 

I run (not jog) 8km every 2 days. Build yourself up to this. Start with babysteps: 1 slow jog of 5km per week. Lots of running Apps to help you build up. I find this so easy now that the next day I feel nothing. 

I don't eat for 18 hours. Eat within a 6 hour time period only. If you have a pretty sedentary life, you only need one meal a day. So stop eating at 6pm and next eat at 12pm. But splash out on it. So long as the body enters "famine mode" for 3 or so hours a day (it kicks in around 15 hours of not eating), then you're cutting away that fat. You'll feel high when you enter famine mode. It just feels great.

During the 18 hour period, only water, tea (no milk/sugar), coffee (no milk/sugar). Or herb teas.

No sugar. This is your true enemy. Substitutes work with a lot of people (e.g. Stevia). You can buy no-sugar chocolate, no-sugar sweets, no-sugar ice cream etc. But even these you should probably not take during the 18 hour famine period (the science is out on this).

No alcohol. Except say once a week. 

You'll need to control hunger pangs. Drink Japanese Green Tea. That will kill your hunger. Fill your stomach with water. Drink hot ginger. 

Every morning, do a bit of weightlifting in your bedroom and around 100 press-ups and sit-ups. 

You'll start to lose body fat rapidly. You'll find getting below 17.5% body fat is extremely challenging but the first few kgs will be surprisingly easy.

Buy a body fat/BMI/muscle weight measurement machine. They're dirt cheap. 

You will feel massively more energetic and sleep better. And girls will be hitting on you, and your wife will be angry and try to get you fat again. 

You could just slit your wrists and reduce all them....

Can you state your age and do a catch-up every year....

BTW - don;t cross the road, use any electrics  - or come into contact with anyone with Covid...

• Haha 1

These health threads end up being useless as everyone's own diet is the best and gives them sexual power like 18 year old young man and this is backed up by 100km bike rides before breakfast because it's posted. 

It's all very amusing. 

I don't diet, I eat one meal a day and even that feels like to much in the tropics 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dj230 said:

most of the bodybuilding community knows nothing about PEDs/hormones/nutrition

I said pro - by that I meant the people who are at the very top level. At that level it's Tren , insulin manipulation and HGH and basically an eating contest with manipulation to convert it to muscle not fat. Ultimately it is genetics and who can use the tools to maximise that.

I agree the average youtube Guru has no idea and with your comments on DNP - yes, actually hardly used by pros and much more of a magic pill to be sold, as are many others recommended and for which the youtube channel exists. I was giving it as an example of the kind of thing you have to do to get below 10% body fat. 7% body fat and maintaining muscle mass is not natural - you are forcing the body to do the opposite of what it wants to do.

You have to look at who actually produces results in others - a handful of pro bodybuilding coaches and Hollywood coaches such as the one who got Brad Pitt into shape for Fight Club.

Edited by mokwit

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I said pro - by that I meant the people who are at the very top level. At that level it's Tren , insulin manipulation and HGH and basically an eating contest with manipulation to convert it to muscle not fat.

I agree the average youtube Guru has no idea and with your comments on DNP - yes, actually hardly used by pros and much more of a magic pill to be sold, as are many others recommended and for which the youtube channel exists. I was giving it as an example of the kind of thing you have to do to get below 15% body fat. 7% body fat and maintaining muscle mass is not natural - you are forcing the body to do the opposite of what it wants to do.

You have to look at who actually produces results - a handful of pro bodybuilding coaches and Hollywood coaches such as the one who got Brad Pitt into shape for Fight Club.

I think thats a big misconception, steroids, hgh, insulin and force feeding sounds more like powerlifting regimine, most bodybuilders don't eat much, steroids and hgh help build muscle even with less calories

i can't remember if hany rambod does the rocks diet or george farah, but dave palumbo does triple H's

i prefer other coaches like milos sarcev, they all have different regminines and diets/training/PED's

PED's are needed for pro bodybuilders but not for the average athlete, a lot of it has to do with nutrition and training and genetics 

54 minutes ago, dj230 said:

sounds more like powerlifting regimine

The modern "mass monster" because that's what wins competitions/what the public wants to see. Physique competitors, no, as you describe.

My original point was that it IS well understood by a handful, not that all understand it or are doing it.

We are talking cross purposes unless we identify what kind of athlete we are talking about and what kind or results they are trying to achieve.

Edited by mokwit

46 minutes ago, dj230 said:

they all have different regminines and diets/training/PED's

This is so true, have read stuff by 'golden age' competitors. Not because I am a bodybuilder, I am not, but because I want to maintain physique and muscle mass with age.

Interestingly, competitors in the Schwarzenegger era were apparently using very low doses of steroids - basically the amounts recommended by the manufacturer for the use they were marketed for.

Edited by mokwit

A couple of the replies nailed it  .. I'm 2 months shy of 67..  5'10  163lbs..  lost  22lb 2years ago never went back. "Everything" functions much better.         Ditch the  carbs/ sugar.. sugar is your worst enemy,  practice intermittent fasting (18-20hrs) your body runs optimal on ketones  yes to the  salads,,  ..avoid dressings.. use (real) olive oil / ACV  ....  eggs are the perfect food 4-5 a day works for me .. seafood/yes,, avoid farmed fish aka/Atlantic  and Scottish.   run Forest run ?   save the  time and your knees.  short hard bursts of sprints get way more results  we could go on and on .  If you need science ( I do)  the online vids  of Thomas DeLauer and Dr Eric Berg ..  in a short time that laughing will stop and the wife will be the  one running....from u  lol !

4 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

A couple of the replies nailed it  .. I'm 2 months shy of 67..  5'10  163lbs..  lost  22lb 2years ago never went back. "Everything" functions much better.         Ditch the  carbs/ sugar.. sugar is your worst enemy,  practice intermittent fasting (18-20hrs) your body runs optimal on ketones  yes to the  salads,,  ..avoid dressings.. use (real) olive oil / ACV  ....  eggs are the perfect food 4-5 a day works for me .. seafood/yes,, avoid farmed fish aka/Atlantic  and Scottish.   run Forest run ?   save the  time and your knees.  short hard bursts of sprints get way more results  we could go on and on .  If you need science ( I do)  the online vids  of Thomas DeLauer and Dr Eric Berg ..  in a short time that laughing will stop and the wife will be the  one running....from u  lol !

Local diets might do the trick.

Eat Plenty of Veggies n Salads cut back on the Beer n Cookies,  Sip Apple Cider before going to bed & to improve your ED problem Rub Aloe Vera on your Piece Pipe & you will find your weight will decrease  n your Sex life improve.

Rgs Dr.Mj

• Like 1

Why do you eat bad food?

Weight training does not cause you to lose much weight. Fast walks won't do much if you eat (and drink?) poorly. If you are serious about your weight and health eat right. And not some fad diet. Change your diet.

By the way I think skim milk has probably most of its nutrition. Eat whole foods that are quality. Eat mostly fruits and veggies and stay away from juice.

If that tea has caffeine. it's a negative for you. You will get a let down.

Yes, as you age you metabolism slows and with it the your ability to go bumping with your wifee after a huge meal.

You still drink. Very bad for your health and bumping with your wife. Booze is a depressant.

Yes, no sugar. Also nothing refined. White rice is not good.

I use no sugar or substitutes ( I don't want a third arm except down there where it counts). I use no salt.

Feeling deprived is a mental thing. You need to get your mind on board. If you feel sorry for yourself for being deprived of the third slice of birthday sugar, you are in trouble.

Good luck and I hope you make the changes so you feel great and that when your wife smiles at you she's thinking "bedroom".

• Haha 1