My wife is laughing at my fat gut that is developing rapidly.

bbabythai

7 hours ago, impulse said:

You can exercise as much as you want, but it won't help lose much weight

saw a documentary once abt taking ordinary people, somewhat over weight as ordinary goes these days, and having them go through a few months of training to run a marathon.. In spite of all the exercise hours, weight loss was very minimal.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bbabythai said:

In summary, Im getting fat, my sex life is no good anymore and my morning tea tastes like <deleted>. My wife finds all this funny. Any suggestions?

thanks 

Improve sex life ......... milkshake every day, cup of milk, 2tsp sugar, 1tsp Black Cocoa, 4 ice cubes and blend.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ccs-100-p3-10-12-75250-500-premium-black-cocoa-powder-p3-size-75250-500g-special-price-i1603058434-s10273708708.html

Works for me anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:
9 hours ago, impulse said:

You can exercise as much as you want, but it won't help lose much weight

saw a documentary once abt taking ordinary people, somewhat over weight as ordinary goes these days, and having them go through a few months of training to run a marathon.. In spite of all the exercise hours, weight loss was very minimal.

I know at least two guys in Bangkok who had a belly. Both decided to walk more instead of (motorcycle) taxis and both lost a considerable amount of weight. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

You don't necessarily want to lose weight, just carry it better.

• Like 1

I'm 48 and I have been slim all my life until I developed acid reflux. Now every time I eat some sht my abdomen and right side of stomach grows by considerable amount. Been to a good hospital and doc says it's just gas. 

Btw I also used to run every day but since corona I was unable to and this caused more issues to pop up.

• Like 1

The condition is known medically as "have my wife Thai belly"

I have just lost 30 lbs after gaining it after having previously lost it.

The majority of it is likely water retention. Eat only complex carbs and avoid non isotonic sources of sodium.

I had a similar lifestyle to yours until i had a Stroke, a full Stroke ,but  minor one,  luckily for me  with no lasting disabilities.. a 75% blocked Cartoid Artery  was found  & operated on, a Stent was fitted for better quality of life,...  since then,  (2 years ago) i have walked every Second day  for approx  5 miles (early morning) followed by  40 minute work out. at home.. i still eat sweet stuffs occasionally, but lots of salads  veggies & fish, my check up was yesterday,  and  the doctor said  keep up the good work,  all levels  the same as post operation......Im 75

Edited by actonion
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

But weight distribution was great.

You must remember, Muscle weights  a lot more than fat.

That's why fat people float. 

• Like 1

I've got a vacancy to fill on our farm anytime you want it. When I finally got out here after retiring I weighed 79.8kgs now after a couple of years hard labour a mere 62.4kgs.

It certainly worked for me, I feel a lot better for it but for all I know it could be killing me ???? feels like it sometimes. 

• Like 2