A nightmare is unfolding.....

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

We are of like minds.........when/if push comes to shove I will lay out everything for him and let he make the choice.

Switch off his sound system or.........

Industrial Sirens

Loudspeakers

Pig pens

Skunk water

and no customers.......or let's just get along.

Just play this song each night and he get crazy soon: 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Sad to hear this, our plan still is to be sure we can buy a large piece of land before considering building anything. Basically to always avoid someone starting to live right next to us, I however doubt that would even help much if someone blasts a karaoke system like that.

In this case I would started a compost farm right next to him and be sure they always sit there and throwing up from the smell. Most Thais would be sensitive for that one I think.

Anyways, wasn't there a remote control gun recently for sale via Alibaba that took out old grannies dancing each day 5PM in the parks with loud speakers? That might work too.

When we built our house here in rural Kamphaeng Phet there were no building within 500 metres each side. Now you cannot get a cigarette paper between the properties on our side of the road.

There is a resort next door on one side and another 2 plots away on the other side. There are 2 smaller resorts in less than 1 km on one side and another just over 1km the other way.

The government built a bridge over the klong opposite and resurfaced the dirt road on the other side of the bridge for about 10 km. They also widened the road outside and resurfaced that for about 10km as well.

They have planted trees (very nice) along the roadside so that pulling out of the drive is a lottery as we cannot see if anything is coming.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, billd766 said:

When we built our house here in rural Kamphaeng Phet there were no building within 500 metres each side. Now you cannot get a cigarette paper between the properties on our side of the road.

There is a resort next door on one side and another 2 plots away on the other side. There are 2 smaller resorts in less than 1 km on one side and another just over 1km the other way.

The government built a bridge over the klong opposite and resurfaced the dirt road on the other side of the bridge for about 10 km. They also widened the road outside and resurfaced that for about 10km as well.

They have planted trees (very nice) along the roadside so that pulling out of the drive is a lottery as we cannot see if anything is coming.

I know what you mean but luckily our situation is less at risk. But in our nearest Amphur town which 10 years back was separated from a small but commercially dense satellite village by a very primitive 3km stretch of road was suddenly and inexplicably widened to four lanes 5 years ago. Over the last 5 years the commercial infill construction has now filled about 75% of each side of the highway that is about 40% occupied by general businesses some of which compete with older established ones at each end of this "commercial corridor". None appear to thrive especially since the "pandemic" has caused many locals to a "shop and run" mentality even at produce markets.

I am left to wonder at where all the financing comes from initially.

Perhaps not so much vegetation is a noticeable problem around here as is the positioning of large local government or business permanent signs that obscure visibility at intersections that I find annoyingly fascinating as if they were placed as a deliberate sick joke !

"Safety First" could be read as you have to protrude halfway onto a highway to see if something is about to demolish you!

Edited by Nojohndoe
spelling typo
  • Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 2:57 PM, Will B Good said:

Un*******believable.

Just returned to our room in a Thai 'resort' and there is Thai family opposite, all sitting outside, bluetooth speaker playing full blast.

#Will B Good At risk of sounding like a grumpy old man (I'm old but not particularly grumpy!) I b!@@dy hate the rise of the Bluetooth speaker! Go for a quiet walk in the park in Oxford at lunchtime to watch the squirrels and there are people sitting eating their lunch with a Bluetooth speaker blaring away! Maybe they're scared of the quiet?

Andrew

Edited by RetroGTAndrew
Spelling & Grammar
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

#Will B Good At risk of sounding like a grumpy old man (I'm old but not particularly grumpy!) I b!@@dy hate the rise of the Bluetooth speaker! Go for a quiet walk in the park in Oxford at lunchtime to watch the squirrels and there are people sitting eating their lunch with a Bluetooth speaker blaring away! Maybe they're scared of the quiet?

Andrew

Went for a walk in the local park Sunday morning and there was guy with a 'rucksack sound system' wandering about.

The bass notes just boomed out over the whole park.....it must have given him a migraine (I hope).

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Stop posting then.

Believe me, no one is going to miss you.

I have a better idea, why don't you go back to where you come from, believe me Thailand won't miss you.
You'll be doing your wife a favour, she's probably fed up with your moaning,  complaining, whinging and whining

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Stop posting then.

Believe me, no one is going to miss you.

I have a better idea, why don't you go back to where you come from, believe me Thailand won't miss you.
You'll be doing your wife a favour, she's probably fed up with your moaning,  complaining, whinging and whining

The Karaoke guy has rights, he's trying to provide for his family.
He was the first to start his business, you are out of order, you are so selfish. Stop complaining, deal with it, your complaints just encourage the pathetic people, the complainers, the moaners just like yourself to comment negatively. 
I'm fed up with your type, go somewhere quiet and have a cry snowflake. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2021 at 10:51 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

You sound like a real keeper.....555

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2021 at 11:53 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

The Karaoke guy has rights, he's trying to provide for his family.
He was the first to start his business, you are out of order, you are so selfish. Stop complaining, deal with it, your complaints just encourage the pathetic people, the complainers, the moaners just like yourself to comment negatively. 
I'm fed up with your type, go somewhere quiet and have a cry snowflake. 

NOTE:

"House is half built, way out in the sticks, nothing but rice fields as far as the eye can see.

A trader has bought a small strip of land right up against our boundary, opened a small cafe and installed a massive loudspeaker system and karaoke machine".

If you spent more time reading and less time complaining maybe you would have a better grasp of the situation.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

In that case this specific person did not open the business for business, but to get you out cheap, if you ask me.

Yes, didn't really dawn on me that that might be the case until people on here mentioned it.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yes, didn't really dawn on me that that might be the case until people on here mentioned it.....

Or he is just like Prayut, he thought as a farang moved there it would be a big place of business and money and tourists 555555

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

In that case this specific person did not open the business for business, but to get you out cheap, if you ask me.

Posts like this make me laugh. As do the ones about fighting back with loud music or animals, dumps or the like to create bad smells.

This guy has turned up and built a shack. His only expence seems to be the speaker system, which he probably already had in his home. It has been mentioned many times here that he likely has no money or business sense and is just chancing his arm at trying to make a few baht. Now, all of a sudden, he has the intelligence to hatch some kind of scheme to send someone running from their part built home on a large plot of land to scare them away. He also, all of a sudden, has the money to buy said land.

As for fighting back with loud music. He won't care. It has already been deduced that they appear to not be able to hear it themselves enough to realise that it is too loud. Why do you think he suddenly is going to get p**sed off with someone else doing it?

As for creating a bad smell. These guys are farmers. They have lived their lives around bad smells. They take care of pigs, buffaloes, chickens and the like. They are around bad smells most of their life. They are immune to it. Just like any farmer in the world is.

You see these places appear from time to time. They are there for a p**s up. Cheap places out of the public eye, out of the wive's and girlfriend's eye. Could transform into a place with a few young ladies that won't mind popping out for a bit of short time. 

The only hope the OP has is if the guy becomes bored with it. I doubt he is even thinking about the financial implications. Many villagers have been doing next to nothing during the pandemic. Some have been doing bare minimum most of their lives. They have learnt how to be poor and not care about it. Drinking cheap alcohol and listening to loud music is a way of switching off.

The only way to get this sorted is to talk. Try to talk to the offender first. If that does not work arrange to talk with him with the village head present. If that does not work then move up the ladder to local Tessaban. If that fails, they will issue him with a written warning if he is in the wrong, then go to the police.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

Could you possibly just buy his business?

Has been mooted.....but he could just move 20m or across the road......we are on a hiding to nothing it seems.

Edited by Will B Good

Your case is a familiar story . What happens .  Farang buys a plot of land  and builds a nice home on it .  The locals are jealous and are seeking a ways to extract money from you . In a similar story the farany house was finished when a local Thai guy turned up and said he owned the land next to the house and was going to set up a new pig farm but before he starts he wants to give the farang the chance to buy the plot . The price was about 10 times the price of the house plot and the same size .  Farang resisted the purchase , no pig farm was built and 1 year later the farang bought the plot at market value . Your case has the same motive albeit with a live disturbance . Planning laws are normally dealt with locally and making an arrangement  ( financial ) with the right people could resolve the problem along with a little bit of compensation to the trouble maker to relocate  . ( Hard to swallow but T.I.T. and money talks )

If it fails , have a soundproof barrier erected adjacent to the noise source .  Above all , keep your cool 

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, Will B Good said:

NOTE:

"House is half built, way out in the sticks, nothing but rice fields as far as the eye can see.

A trader has bought a small strip of land right up against our boundary, opened a small cafe and installed a massive loudspeaker system and karaoke machine".

If you spent more time reading and less time complaining maybe you would have a better grasp of the situation.

Yes, your house is half built. Your business is not operational.
The Kariokee guys business is operational, the Kariokee guy is doing what every business owner does, he is functional. He is Operating, you are NOT. 

Why are you complaining, why moan, this is Thailand, that's the way we roll here, you're a complainer and looking for support, the weak pathetic people that reply with nasty and hateful comments give you energy to continue this rediculous post. 
You people amaze me, you relocate to Thailand because it's the best place in the world to live but you bitch and complain, geeze grow up. 

As I said earlier to all the foreigners that continue to complain about Thailand, go back to where you come from, do your bitching and complaining back where you're from, we don't want you here, stop being childish, we are all fed up with the sulking. 

I like it here, everything works for me, Thailand has been my home for over 20 years, you people that interfere, try to change Thailand are not welcome here, fed up with moaning, whinging, whining. Get the hell out of this lovely land, me and my Thai family want you gone. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The Kariokee guys business is operational, the Kariokee guy is doing what every business owner does, he is functional. He is Operating, you are NOT. 

Why are you complaining, why moan, this is Thailand, that's the way we roll here, you're a complainer and looking for support, the weak pathetic people that reply with nasty and hateful comments give you energy to continue this rediculous post. 
You people amaze me, you relocate to Thailand because it's the best place in the world to live but you bitch and complain, geeze grow up. 

As I said earlier to all the foreigners that continue to complain about Thailand, go back to where you come from, do your bitching and complaining back where you're from, we don't want you here, stop being childish, we are all fed up with the sulking. 

I like it here, everything works for me, Thailand has been my home for over 20 years, you people that interfere, try to change Thailand are not welcome here, fed up with moaning, whinging, whining. Get the hell out of this lovely land, me and my Thai family want you gone. 

The Karaoke guy is breaking the law. Are you saying it's OK for people to break the law? That we should let them get on with it? What happens is my wife complains that someone is breaking the law? Does she need to leave Thailand too? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You sound unbalanced and disturbed with a massive chip on your shoulder . So Thailand has been your home for 20 years , do you think that is unusual ? do you think you are Thai ? 

The op made a post asking for advice over a serious problem . This forum is about chatting , helping others and giving updates on current affairs . I for one enjoy the ops regular posts and in this case he needs help , cos sometimes you cannot see the forest for the trees .  All that you bring is hatred and unjustified criticism .     Why bother ?     If you get annoyed so easily , why do you view the forums contents ?  Are you on something that drives your drivel ?  Maybe you should look for other forums to spout your feelings , maybe a Thai forum ?  

• Thanks 1