A nightmare is unfolding.....

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

it's corrosive a process. First you hate just that one guy, then you see the patrons to his restaurant partaking also so you begin to hate them, finally you see the general population and even your family as being complicit by refusing to help or side 100% with you so you begin to hate them as well. 

In my experience it doesn't matter if it's irrational or not because most Thais are good people etc..., it will eventually break you down and turn you against everyone.

I can see it....as clear as day.....and then someone is so kind and friendly to you and you try to reassess.

We ate out tonight in a typical Thai restaurant......I fancied chips!!! First western food for months and a cold beer.

They didn't sell either, two of them jumped on motors bikes and brought the chips and beer back AT COST?? They only made money on my wife's food! Her dish was 40 baht and we gave them a 100 baht......they couldn't believe it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

I can see it....as clear as day.....and then someone is so kind and friendly to you and you try to reassess.

that's part of the process also, good days and bad days.  In the end it's just a rollercoaster though so it's better to not get on in the first place. ????

• Haha 1

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

that's part of the process also, good days and bad days.  In the end it's just a rollercoaster though so it's better to not get on in the first place. ????

Mmmm....kind of stuck now. Best hope it doesn't come off the tracks.....555

Instead of all this talk of bendy walls, pig-poop, hitting the guy with acoustical wave throw-back stereo systems and whatnot, why don't you just get someone to act as a customer, go along to the karaoke, and simply ask the guy what his plans are for the future.

For all you know, he may have bought the land to build a house sometime in the distant future and now he's just making a bit of money until he gets called back to work in Bangkok or wherever.

How many times have we heard of Thais who own plots of land but have done nothing further with it because they don't have anymore money to build a house.

So first, find out what the guy intends to do. Then. . . . . . . . "plan your work then work your plan."  

1 hour ago, bobandyson said:

Instead of all this talk of bendy walls, pig-poop, hitting the guy with acoustical wave throw-back stereo systems and whatnot, why don't you just get someone to act as a customer, go along to the karaoke, and simply ask the guy what his plans are for the future.

For all you know, he may have bought the land to build a house sometime in the distant future and now he's just making a bit of money until he gets called back to work in Bangkok or wherever.

How many times have we heard of Thais who own plots of land but have done nothing further with it because they don't have anymore money to build a house.

So first, find out what the guy intends to do. Then. . . . . . . . "plan your work then work your plan."  

Very sensible....however the land is literal a narrow strip, just enough to build a lean to shed to live in and space for his sound system and a few seats for 'diners'.

He doesn't have two satang to rub together.

33 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Very sensible....however the land is literal a narrow strip, just enough to build a lean to shed to live in and space for his sound system and a few seats for 'diners'.

He doesn't have two satang to rub together.

Have you decided what to do yet or is this going to be another War & Peace thread. ????

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Have you decided what to do yet or is this going to be another War & Peace thread. ????

....preferably without the epilogues....could not read all of them!

I am off to the UK. Not returning until this is sorted one way or the other.

If silence prevails happy to live there, if not, back to the serenity of Bangkok and Nana.

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

....preferably without the epilogues....could not read all of them!

I am off to the UK. Not returning until this is sorted one way or the other.

If silence prevails happy to live there, if not, back to the serenity of Bangkok and Nana.

Well good luck be careful UK having a big spike in Delta covid infections. 

I could never live in a City our village is highly populated but Thai soon complain of any over the top noise and it's stopped quickly.

Out in our farmland the the combine harvestors are the only noisy thing. 

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well good luck be careful UK having a big spike in Delta covid infections. 

I could never live in a City our village is highly populated but Thai soon complain of any over the top noise and it's stopped quickly.

Out in our farmland the the combine harvestors are the only noisy thing. 

All jabbed up, but still intend to be cautious.

You 'sound' (pun) like you have landed on your feet where you are......long may it continue.

Cheers.

40 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

All jabbed up, but still intend to be cautious.

You 'sound' (pun) like you have landed on your feet where you are......long may it continue.

Cheers.

Yeah got hobbies and supervise the farm, got my farmhouse retreat when there's a 7 day funeral in the village near us ???? I'm a happy bunny the pandemic hasn't really affected us in any big way. 

Have a safe flight my family is coming over in February.

Cheers. 

• Thanks 1

Another guerrilla warfare tactic, if you don't want to go through the trouble of buying pigs and chickens, etc. and becoming a farmer...      Just buy several 55 gallon plastic drums and bury them up to their openings near (but not so near as your neighbors can sabotage them) and simply fill them with water.    Instant mosquito breeding facility and should limit the patronage of nearby open air karaoke restaurants.  This is a suggestion from my Thai-Vietnamese wife.   Guess this type of mindset is one reason why they won.      

You'll have an increased mosquito presence as well, but I'm assuming yours will have more standard insect protection like screens and bug zappers.  Remove or fill in said barrels after you've won.  

2 hours ago, Heng said:

Another guerrilla warfare tactic, if you don't want to go through the trouble of buying pigs and chickens, etc. and becoming a farmer...      Just buy several 55 gallon plastic drums and bury them up to their openings near (but not so near as your neighbors can sabotage them) and simply fill them with water.    Instant mosquito breeding facility and should limit the patronage of nearby open air karaoke restaurants.  This is a suggestion from my Thai-Vietnamese wife.   Guess this type of mindset is one reason why they won.      

You'll have an increased mosquito presence as well, but I'm assuming yours will have more standard insect protection like screens and bug zappers.  Remove or fill in said barrels after you've won.  

Maybe combine the 55 gallon drums with the "skunk water" idea some one suggested?

I can feel a plan is coming together....555

• Like 1

https://littlefield.co/the-psychoacoustic-effect-of-infrasonic-sonic-and-ultrasonic-frequencies-within-non-lethal-cf05e1fd8673

You too can have a powerful sound system. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. An amplifier and tweeters are not very expensive. Tweeters are intrinsically directional as well.

Retribution?

No. You just happen to be partial to a certain kind of music.

Will his patrons enjoy your music? Perhaps not, but then why would you care?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

https://littlefield.co/the-psychoacoustic-effect-of-infrasonic-sonic-and-ultrasonic-frequencies-within-non-lethal-cf05e1fd8673

You too can have a powerful sound system. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. An amplifier and tweeters are not very expensive. Tweeters are intrinsically directional as well.

Retribution?

No. You just happen to be partial to a certain kind of music.

Will his patrons enjoy your music? Perhaps not, but then why would you care?

Need to read up on the US embassy 'Cuban Effect'......might be an option?....555

Just now, Will B Good said:

Need to read up on the US embassy 'Cuban Effect'......might be an option?....555

I think you're getting my drift. I am completely serious. Just get tweeters that are rated for a 20kHz range.

I should add that I have employed such a system in the past to clandestinely disuade people from congregating near my property. Also, such equipment can be enclosed inside a shed aimed thru a window screen so it's not even visually obvious.

Listeners will only sense that they are uncomfortable in the area without knowing why. Additional benefit is that jungle dogs won't hang around your house.

You can just set it up and test it yourself. Then deploy it as you wish.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, greenmonkey said:

My god what is wrong wwith people! So so selfish.

I agree 100%

A hardworking Thai opens up a business to support his family in these difficult times, and the local selfish farang wants to shut him down and take away his business. 

• Haha 1

I think you're getting my drift. I am completely serious. Just get tweeters that are rated for a 20kHz range.

I should add that I have employed such a system in the past to clandestinely disuade people from congregating near my property. Also, such equipment can be enclosed inside a shed aimed thru a window screen so it's not even visually obvious.

Listeners will only sense that they are uncomfortable in the area without knowing why. Additional benefit is that jungle dogs won't hang around your house.

You can just set it up and test it yourself. Then deploy it as you wish.

Like it.

If younger ones congregate  I could also go for 'mosquito' speakers.......18,000 Hz.....I am too old to hear that frequency.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I agree 100%

A hardworking Thai opens up a business to support his family in these difficult times, and the local selfish farang wants to shut him down and take away his business. 

Shame some people are too dumb to even read the start of the thread....or is this just an attempt at sarcasm?

Edited by Will B Good
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Simple Jack said:

This happend to me. When a house next door was rented to a family of rats. My solution? I bought a drum kit ????

I do play the guitar 3/4 hours a day, but through headphones......need to look at getting some serious kit.

• Like 1

Like it.

If younger ones congregate  I could also go for 'mosquito' speakers.......18,000 Hz.....I am too old to hear that frequency.

In the end if he floods the area with music you  doing the same won't make it worse for you. It will however negate any advantage his music has for his patrons.

The easiest solution for you is just a good portable sound system that you put on your porch, point at his location, get some US bubblegum music, and crank it up.

Eventually he will realize that he has to negotiate somehow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

In the end if he floods the area with music you  doing the same won't make it worse for you. It will however negate any advantage his music has for his patrons.

The easiest solution for you is just a good portable sound system that you put on your porch, point at his location, get some US bubblegum music, and crank it up.

Eventually he will realize that he has to negotiate somehow.

I can see things potentially going down that road........heaven would be if he says "whoops, so sorry didn't realize how annoying karaoke played at 90+dB might be"....... 

I can see things potentially going down that road........heaven would be if he says "whoops, so sorry didn't realize how annoying karaoke played at 90+dB might be"....... 

At the least he would acknowledge the issue.

Perhaps simply laying out your plan to him early on would make the problem clear.

A decibel war would benefit no one and he would see that. You can wear shooting muffs but his patrons certainly won't.

MAD=mutually assured deafness.

Good luck.

At the least he would acknowledge the issue.

Perhaps simply laying out your plan to him early on would make the problem clear.

A decibel war would benefit no one and he would see that. You can wear shooting muffs but his patrons certainly won't.

MAD=mutually assured deafness.

Good luck.

We are of like minds.........when/if push comes to shove I will lay out everything for him and let he make the choice.

Switch off his sound system or.........

Industrial Sirens

Loudspeakers

Pig pens

Skunk water

and no customers.......or let's just get along.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

We are of like minds.........when/if push comes to shove I will lay out everything for him and let he make the choice.

Switch off his sound system or.........

Industrial Sirens

Loudspeakers

Pig pens

Skunk water

and no customers.......or let's just get along.

Omg, this thread just keeps growing, what's wrong with you people, actually people is too nice a word for some. 
Most of these comments are encouraging nastiness, why, it needs to stop. 
Has there been any thoughts for the karaoke guy, he has a business, trying to make money, make ends meet, we're in a pandemic, he has no idea what you want to do, he more than likely has a family to feed, bills to pay, children's education, my God all these selfish comments, grow up, there are others in the world that have needs, don't be so selfish, you disgust me with your reckless immature comments, nasty and horrible, how many of you are sociopathic, narcissists? 

This lovely land we live in, these lovely people we live amongst, we need to assimilate, adapt, blend in, we are the foreigners, this is their land, we are welcomed here, we have an opportunity to live in peace and harmony but I see only evil. Shame on you, you that have evil replies. You disgust me, I am saddened with what I read. 

At first I thought this post was fiction but enough, even a good novel needs a warning, it's out of order, stop it.
The heading is nightmare, you should research before you conduct any business, fool on you for not conducting the necessary dudiligence.
Poor business practices leads to failure. 
Wife's land, stop with your foreign influence, it's up to your wife.
School yard bullys, is that what you people are?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sad to hear this, our plan still is to be sure we can buy a large piece of land before considering building anything. Basically to always avoid someone starting to live right next to us, I however doubt that would even help much if someone blasts a karaoke system like that.

In this case I would started a compost farm right next to him and be sure they always sit there and throwing up from the smell. Most Thais would be sensitive for that one I think.

Anyways, wasn't there a remote control gun recently for sale via Alibaba that took out old grannies dancing each day 5PM in the parks with loud speakers? That might work too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1