A nightmare is unfolding.....

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

May be he bought it on purpose , knowing that a farang ' full of money ' is living nearby .

If you want to live in peace , make him an ' offer that he can't refuse ' ...

Yes...the general thinking is that could be a ploy to squeeze some money out of us.

• Like 2

If you  ( or your gf ) know some bad guys , or know somebody who knows some , you could pay them to ' teach him a lesson ' that he won't forget anytime soon ...

Will come cheaper , and people will be afraid of the consequences if they plan to annoy you again . Must be careful that there is nothing pointing towards you ...

Once you have a ' reputation ' , you live in peace and will be respected by the neighborhood ... take care .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

If you  ( or your gf ) know some bad guys , or know somebody who knows some , you could pay them to ' teach him a lesson ' that he won't forget anytime soon ...

Will come cheaper , and people will be afraid of the consequences if they plan to annoy you again . Must be careful that there is nothing pointing towards you ...

Once you have a ' reputation ' , you live in peace and will be respected by the neighborhood ... take care .

Tempting....but we have a lot to lose and he has a ramshackle shed and a sound system.

If things went pear shaped we could find ourselves living in constant fear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Tempting....but we have a lot to lose and he has a ramshackle shed and a sound system.

If things went pear shaped we could find ourselves living in constant fear.

OK ,

Go and talk to him . Ask him how much it will cost you to live in peace .

OK ,

Go and talk to him . Ask him how much it will cost you to live in peace .

Then his mate opens across the road and demands the same!!

It seems we are shafted unless something out of the blue turns up (not a gang from BKK)

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Then his mate opens across the road and demands the same!!

It seems we are shafted unless something out of the blue turns up (not a gang from BKK)

Just give it a try to see his reaction ...

Or negotiate a price with police ... they know what to do if the price is right .

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Just give it a try to see his reaction ...

Or negotiate a price with police ... they know what to do if the price is right .

Between the two I would rather pay the police so he didn't benefit in any way.

• Like 2

Between the two I would rather pay the police so he didn't benefit in any way.

Well that's correct because if he goes someone will take his place unless you have run out of shotgun shells.  ????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Well that's correct because if he goes someone will take his place unless you have run out of shotgun shells.  ????

Plus the police will want to keep on top of it to ensure their PG Tips money keeps rolling in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Don't go yourself to the cops , send your mia to sort something out with them ... " my husband is very sick and will become more sick from the noise , but he is willing to pay for his peace " .... It's all about money ... but need to be ' diplomatic ' ... Ask to talk to just one important police in private ... but don't forget the ' face ' stuff ...

I am not even visiting the site now....keeping well out of the way......the less I am involved the better for all concerned.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

he has a ramshackle shed and a sound system.

if ever there was proof that it's just a pathetic move by a clueless chancer, it is this statement 'quoted' of yours..................no investment, emulating his rag tag peers, not a hope in hell, in the middle of nowhere........................it's all gonna work out fine....carry on as normal...............patience and karma will see you through..................................................

• Like 2

Three choices. Do something unbelievably obnoxious. Create your own sound system directed at his place. Leave home everyday for a few hours with it cranked to full volume with Russian rock and roll or AC/DC. 

Hire a big powerful local thug. 5,000 to 10,000 baht. Terrorize him. 

Lie down like a dog and take it. Be abused. Act like a timid foreigner. 

• Thanks 1

My question is why has he set up there?  Where are his customers going to come from if you are so far out in the boonies.

However, a possible solution would be to set up a noise cancelling system. 

You record the sound coming from his side, invert it and play it back at him.  The two opposite sound waves cancel each other out.  

Something like this.

https://www.activenoise.audio/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I am not even visiting the site now....keeping well out of the way......the less I am involved the better for all concerned.

Good idea. A farang in the loop complicates things. 
This is her problem. Her land. Her house. Her village. 
You don’t need to stay there if she can’t sort it out. 

Tell her your going to Pattaya. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Good idea. A farang in the loop complicates things. 
This is her problem. Her land. Her house. Her village. 
You don’t need to stay there if she can’t sort it out. 

Tell her your going to Pattaya. 

Already had that conversation.....and it is genuinely on the cards.

She has another plot of about 20 rai, but there are no services and unlikely to be for a couple of years.

If I had my way I would stop this build and wait for the other plot to become viable.

Edited by Will B Good

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Three choices. Do something unbelievably obnoxious. Create your own sound system directed at his place. Leave home everyday for a few hours with it cranked to full volume with Russian rock and roll or AC/DC. 

Hire a big powerful local thug. 5,000 to 10,000 baht. Terrorize him. 

Lie down like a dog and take it. Be abused. Act like a timid foreigner. 

To be honest those thoughts have slowly formed over the last few days.

Sad to be in this position and for what?.....a total moron with no empathy.

10 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

Just hang on ,they will go broke. I have seen a hundred open and run for a while then go dark.

A few people have had similar thoughts....but as someone mentioned, if he is happy with his lot, all he has to do is cover his costs and be able to buy food and he can just stay where he is!!!

To be honest those thoughts have slowly formed over the last few days.

Sad to be in this position and for what?.....a total moron with no empathy.

There are lines you cross in life, that have consequences. To set up right next to a home being built, where there were likely alot of other options, and then blast his music like he is doing, he had to be aware that there would be some people who would be upset. Let him deal with the consequences of being a moron, a retrograde, a spoiled punk, and someone without respect, dignity or honor. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

There are lines you cross in life, that have consequences. To set up right next to a home being built, where there were likely alot of other options, and then blast his music like he is doing, he had to be aware that there would be some people who would be upset. Let him deal with the consequences of being a moron, a retrograde, a spoiled punk, and someone without respect, dignity or honor. 

In the absence of my restraining influence in life, the wife, I would find it impossible to resist going in all guns blazing. 

42 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

In the absence of my restraining influence in life, the wife, I would find it impossible to resist going in all guns blazing. 

You've already said you didn't pay for any of this ...... so why do you care so much?

Let her deal with the problems she has created.

I don't care what my woman does with her money.

But I'm very careful what I do with my money.

Did you consider this may be a scam perpetrated on you by your wife and her 'brother'.

"Darling this will all go away if you just give me the money to buy the land next door?"

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You've already said you didn't pay for any of this ...... so why do you care so much?

Let her deal with the problems she has created.

I don't care what my woman does with her money.

But I'm very careful what I do with my money.

Where do you imagine I will be living?