A nightmare is unfolding.....

4 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Just one more reason in Thailand , RENT DON'T OWN. Unless you pay a fortune to live in a place where it would be impossible for what you describe to take place. You've paid a fortune and could have rented that place very cheap. GF and I just moved to a new house next a house for sale for 56M just 15m away. We would have to pay rent for 1000 months, 83 years to equal what they are asking for the place. Just wishing I could get a 83 tear less but 3 was good enough, Super quiet, Olympic size pool 60m away, usually empty, beach 200m. Not that hard to find here, especially high end condos.

My mantra exactly.......I am not putting a satang into this place and was furious when she eventually confessed what she had done.......livid.

2 hours ago, Curmudgeonly59 said:

An alternative which may not have been mentioned yet (I haven't looked past the OP and first few replies), is what I term a 'bunker' - in fact simply a sunken room either below your existing house or adjacent to it. This isn't as bizarre as it sounds and is quite easy and inexpensive to achieve. It solves a number of problems with 'neighbour's' noise, as these problems won't go away - they'll simply be replaced by other idiots - sorry I meant to say factors. Below ground solves the main problem of karaoke: i.e. bass notes - and of course the treble notes and ghastly drunken caterwauling, not to mention the unbelievably boring 'sameness' of the music itself. No amount of soundproofing above ground will completely fix this. The underground room/s can be made just as comfortable, practical and safe as any above ground construction. So, no need to move - just take advantage of the lax building regulations and non existent zoning laws causing your current grief and make them work for you. If you're still building, it's easy and interesting to incorporate a 'cellar' - if anyone asks - into your plans. It will also make a completely soundproof area if you ever want to have loud music of your own - doing what most locals very rarely ever do: consider other people for a few nanoseconds. And, no - it's not a dungeon, unless you have need of one!

Now that 'sounds' like a potential solution to overcome the nightmare of night time music.....cheers.

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

You are correct, but that is no way OP should have to live....underground in his own house to escape the neighbours noise. 

I agree......but I could see it coming to that.....pathetic isn't it.....what is wrong with people?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Is there nothing you can cultivate on your side at the plot boundary of the noisy neighbor. Something that needs fertilizer weekly - real cow dung????

But then the OP will have to live with both loud music AND the stench of manure.

Has anyone suggested employing ghosts yet.?

They could well do the trick or at least get creative with a ghoulish approach..............................................................................

....................and for those that can't sing Karaoke there's always the Premika angle of attack...............

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I would stop building and put the land up for sale at the price you bought it for.

The property is located Nakon No..where 
It will never sell 
These properties have no buyers 

Be better off walking away and coming back in a few months/years when the Karaoke shuts down.
No guarantees, the noise won't return 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

you lived in Thailand long  ?    there is no law for excessive village noise by a neighbor.

what other ideas do you have   ?  

yes there are. Thai Noise Pollution Laws limit noise to an average of 90 decibels over a 24 hour period. Getting them enforced is the only problem.

• Like 2

Actually he stated, the obvious, the karaoke owner (or anyone) may simply buy another lot nearby, install some speakers, and make a tidy profit selling their newly acquired land, since knowing they now have a motivated buyer easily held hostage.

• Like 1

We had a Chinese neighbor-   liked karaoke all night long

What caterwauling

Waited till they finally stopped one morning and set up all my speakers

Played a combination of vomiting and cat fights  at max volume

They soon got the hint

• Haha 2

On 10/19/2021 at 10:33 AM, Gsxrnz said:

This is not a joke - build a pig-sty up against the fence line and pack it to the gunnels with oinkers.  Tit-for-tat and a peaceful demonstration of your ability to fire broadsides if necessary.

Damn. Thats a very good suggestion. Will n keep that one in mind

3 hours ago, bbudd said:

We had a Chinese neighbor-   liked karaoke all night long

What caterwauling

Waited till they finally stopped one morning and set up all my speakers

Played a combination of vomiting and cat fights  at max volume

They soon got the hint

Untill one night he drinks a bottle of laoh Khao and stabs you to death. It's happens a lot here 

On 10/19/2021 at 3:14 PM, Will B Good said:

House is half built, way out in the sticks, nothing but rice fields as far as the eye can see.

A trader has bought a small strip of land right up against our boundary, opened a small cafe and installed a massive loudspeaker system and karaoke machine

???  Why would anyone open a cafe where there is nothing but rice fields as far as the eye can see???

TIT

Noise cancelling headphones?

Some type of noise disruption/electrical disruption device if there is such a thing

29 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

???  Why would anyone open a cafe where there is nothing but rice fields as far as the eye can see???

TIT

Noise cancelling headphones?

Some type of noise disruption/electrical disruption device if there is such a thing

Looking at every option under the sun.

Why there? Someone pointed out he only has to make enough to pay the electricity bill and buy food.......why bust a gut?

Edited by Will B Good

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

...and he opens up 20m away or over the road!!!

May be he bought it on purpose , knowing that a farang ' full of money ' is living nearby .

If you want to live in peace , make him an ' offer that he can't refuse ' ...