Banking Authorisation Code Nightmare

10 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

That's not what I told you. Are you actually reading my posts? ????  On the day you will go to Phuket again, request a MNP PIN code before leaving in the manner I suggested earlier. You need to give that code, along with your passport, to AIS and they will give you a new SIM. The day after, the process will complete and your number will be transferred.

If you aren't going to Phuket again, then you will need to talk to the AIS call centre to tell them you cannot get to a service centre. 

The problem here is that you need to be able to pay the 50 baht for the SIM somehow ???? Maybe they can work it out over video chat(for the registration of the new SIM) and bank transfer.

First task is to arrange test of the AIS I have already bought.  I will test it in my girls phone also.  If it does not receive bank sms then everything else we have discussed is moot anyway.

If it does work, hopefully the fact that I port an old 082 number from true to ais will not also result in failure to receive messages.

6 hours ago, Adumbration said:

First task is to arrange test of the AIS I have already bought.  I will test it in my girls phone also.  If it does not receive bank sms then everything else we have discussed is moot anyway.

If it does work, hopefully the fact that I port an old 082 number from true to ais will not also result in failure to receive messages.

Does that mean that one of the banks has agreed to take part in your test?

• Haha 1

This morning I had a call from my bank in Australia.  We did a test transaction to send OTP to new SIM from AIS.  I set it up in another phone.  Message came through.  So it is TRUE that are at fault despite countless hours spent on the phone with them over the last four weeks and their continued denial that problem at their end.

I will post a new thread about this.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 2:14 PM, Bruno123 said:

Neglected to add the USSD details: Request the code to move the camp press * 151 * ID card number (13 digits) #  (free)

@Bruno123 I am still not clear which number I need to use to request mnp code.

You posted this number above.  But you also posted this earlier in the thread.

------------------------

Your translation:

Send a request via SMS to number 4444151.  ➡ Foreign customers, type Passport number (print both numbers uppercase letters, lowercase letters correctly) press Send

----------------------------

Which is correct number to use?  The USSD or the 4444151 number?

Thanks for your help.

5 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

@Bruno123 I am still not clear which number I need to use to request mnp code.

You posted this number above.  But you also posted this earlier in the thread.

------------------------

Your translation:

Send a request via SMS to number 4444151.  ➡ Foreign customers, type Passport number (print both numbers uppercase letters, lowercase letters correctly) press Send

----------------------------

Which is correct number to use?  The USSD or the 4444151 number?

Thanks for your help.

First is for people who registered with Thai ID; second is for people who registered with passport.

47 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

First is for people who registered with Thai ID; second is for people who registered with passport.

My next challenge is finding a location that has both a true office and an AIS office in the north of Phuket.  I looks like they both have an office in the airport but not sure if I can access them.

4 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

My next challenge is finding a location that has both a true office and an AIS office in the north of Phuket.  I looks like they both have an office in the airport but not sure if I can access them.

Sheesh! What is wrong with you?! How many times do you need to be told that there is no reason for you to visit Truemove H. None!

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Sheesh! What is wrong with you?! How many times do you need to be told that there is no reason for you to visit Truemove H. None!

You are not fully appreciating my mobility issues.  If I just go to a location where there is only an AIS store and for some TIT reason I also need to go to a TRUE store which is located in another area that is a big issue for me.  Better to access a location where both offices are located just in case.

6 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

You are not fully appreciating my mobility issues.  If I just go to a location where there is only an AIS store and for some TIT reason I also need to go to a TRUE store which is located in another area that is a big issue for me.  Better to access a location where both offices are located just in case.

No; you are not listening. I keep having to write the same things over and over again.

Once again; produce the MNP code NOW to check that it works. If it does; there will be NO REASON to contact Truemove H at all. If it doesn't, you can simply call them.

Stop reading other posts; they are simply confusing you.

There is no reason to visit Truemove H. Once they have supplied the code, you need have nothing more to do with them.

AIS will take care of everything from then on.

22 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

No; you are not listening. I keep having to write the same things over and over again.

Once again; produce the MNP code NOW to check that it works. If it does; there will be NO REASON to contact Truemove H at all. If it doesn't, you can simply call them.

Stop reading other posts; they are simply confusing you.

There is no reason to visit Truemove H. Once they have supplied the code, you need have nothing more to do with them.

AIS will take care of everything from then on.

Unbenknown to me there is actually a AIS Buddy shop here.  I went there yesterday but they told me they cant do number porting and that closest option is Airport at Phuket.

I will try to get down there later this week health permitting.

I intend to do the 4444151 call to get the MNP from True while standing in their office in the Airport.  Then walk to the AIS office with the code to get it to them and get my new sim.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Adumbration said:

@Bruno123 I just tried to request MNP code from true using 444451 sms number.  After ten minutes I got the following message in reply.

" Number (my number) is not allowed to port out yet due to unsettled balance or other available privileges."

Mother f####ers

It is a prepaid SIM.

Call them on 1175. They can give you the code manually.