Nov 1st: Quarantine free countries named - one night must be in SHA+ or AQ hotel - curfew lifted, bars stay shut

webfact

2 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Where did you see that?

it's basic : you need a RT PCR test 

Doesn't mind if Rapid 2 hours or normal within 24 hours its à price question

the only point is to find the package hotel with the right hospital which offer the ability to choice a rapid one

The hotel ask me 2000 THB upgrade for rapid (plus the basic PCR test price it's a bit expensive but you win the first day...)

from now i just find one hotel which offer that upgrade i'm still searching for other one

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 6:41 PM, Fujionrye said:

My flight arrives at 00.05, ie after midnight. I wonder how that will impact my hotel.

I'm on the same flight so I called a hotel in Pattaya.

The gentleman I spoke with said Covid tests taken before 6 PM will be completed by the next morning.

Assuming this is correct, a two night booking would be required.

Each hotel partners with its nearest hospitals. Unless a hospital to which a hotel is partnered offers 24hr testing then any arrival at a hotel after 6pm is likely to involve a PCR test taken the following morning. 

Thus: Arrivals after 6pm may incur a 2 night AQ stay. 

Arrivals before 6pm incur just the 1 night AQ stay.

I’m guessing that PCR tests will be taken between 8am and 6pm (just a guess), and tests may be taken to the hospitals from the partnered hotel in batches, thus a PCR test taken at 6-7am may head to the hospital with a ‘morning batch’ and the results released in the afternoon.

The results of tests taken in the ‘early afternoon’ may be released in the evening. 

The results of tests taken in the 'late afternoon-6pm’ may be released the following morning. 

Of course - all of this is just a guess, but this is the way I see this working out given that during the Sandbox I took tests in the early afternoon and received the results that evening. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, volsfan said:

Maybe check this thread right here. Exactly as I predicted...

I cant be a r s e d to check now as it does not affect me, but, until demand for flights increases, maybe the Thai authorities will only allow inbound flights to arrive before a certain time to suit their testing/one night AQ plan. That seems to be what they did for the Phuket litterbox.

Edited by SunsetT

8 hours ago, SunsetT said:

I cant be a r s e d to check now as it does not affect me, but, until demand for flights increases, maybe the Thai authorities will only allow inbound flights to arrive before a certain time to suit their testing/one night AQ plan. That seems to be what they did for the Phuket litterbox.

They aren't limiting flights that way. I just booked a flight that arrives in Bangkok at 00:05. I expect that that will likely mean I have to book the "not" quarantine hotel for two days instead of one. 

I can confirm through an email exchange with a "quarantine" hotel that any arrivals after 6pm will be required to book a 2 night package. I asked back if I am free to go if the result comes back quickly. Honestly at this point I don't care about the 2nd night, they can have it  Just give me my negative test and let me go home after 22 months away. I'd even pay for a rapid test as mentioned above.

They need to stop with this quarantine free non sense. Obviously it's quarantine if need to spend 2 nights in a room.

I'll be going through the process twice before the end of the year. Hopefully it all goes smoothly. My wife (Thai citizen) will be doing the return from the U.S. with me  

• Like 1