Nov 1st: Quarantine free countries named - one night must be in SHA+ or AQ hotel - curfew lifted, bars stay shut

webfact

2 hours ago, samtam said:

38.74% fully vaccinated as of today:

1472356059_Screenshot(366).png.8db5d88d2c7c93d1910bd5d1934d8b09.png

Not quite the 70% they wanted now is it, but hey Phuket opened up without the 70% double valued on the island. So it must mean 70% with a first jab, I guess that's better than nothing. 

45 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

ATK kit requires pre-paid payment with the arrival PCR test and 1 nights hotel

• Each traveller will receive an ATK that they have prepaid when booking the accommodation.
  • Any traveller experiencing COVID-19 symptoms must immediately get a test done, using the provided ATK. If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (bot detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App.

If no symptoms, we do the self test on day 6 or 7 and show it to staff? If I come to BKK, I will do the one- to two-day quarantine, then go to my apartment. So, on day 6 or 7 I would show the result to my wife?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The UK is testing more and has a lot less deaths per positive cases than Thailand. 

Thailand: 8 deaths/million of population over the past 7 days down 13% ranked 68th on the worldometer ranking table. 

68 Thailand 69,875 73,407 -5% 998 530 611 -13% 8 70,028,340

UK: 13 deaths/ million of population over the past 7 days up 12% ranked 50th on the worldometer ranking table. 

50 UK 325,053 272,083 +19% 4,756 912 817 +12% 13 68,350,834

More people have died of Covid in the UK over the past week than in Thailand. 

Edited by Kadilo

Can one assume, that since a 1 night or more stay in a hotel that gives a backhander to the General,  that test results will be delivered personally to your hotel? If by any other means, there is no reason to stay in gov't facilities

Edited by bang saen guy
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Still, the wait will likely cause many to have to book two nights in the hotel. For example, the flight I was looking at would arrive in BKK a little after midnight. By the time I get through airport b.s. and check into the hotel, it might be around 3:00 a.m. If the test results were to get to me twelve hours later, I would have to book a second day at the hotel as most have the cut-off around noon. 

Yep..  If arriving in the early hours, then yes, I very much guess it would involve a 2 night booking.

OR, they hotels may over flexibility, that you can arrive in the early hours and depart that same day. 

Usually hotels allow check-in after 2pm yet months ago one of my arrivals into ASQ was at 6am - the hotel did not charge the ‘extra’ (earlier) day for checking in so early. 

Personally 1-2 nights would not be a great concern, its all better than 14 nights quarantine, given what the ‘world’ has gone through, anything is an improvement. 

• Like 2

European countries as closing border due to the rapid increasing of the new mutation that is from the UK and go even into lockdown, Many European holiday dentitions are shutting down. The hospitals are starting to redistribute the Covid patients and postpone normal planned medical care.

Despite this you can travel to Thailand. The Thais seem the be eager to have the new mutation.

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Personally 1-2 nights would not be a great concern, its all better than 14 nights quarantine, given what the ‘world’ has gone through, anything is an improvement. 

I agree. For me, this is a big improvement. (I doubt that for regular tourists, the hoops have been reduced enough to really save the high season, though.) I wish they would stop calling it "quarantine-free" as there is, in fact, a quarantine required. 

5 minutes ago, Used2LuvThailand said:

No none does.  The klepto-religious extremists running Thailand do so seemingly from the perspective of not having any internet access or English language skills.  They actually believe the entire world (and certainly all of the wealthy) are sitting on pins and needles waiting for any circumstance under which Their Graces will allow entrance to their broke d*** paradise.

Thailand is the center of the Universe according to this government, at least that's what we keep hearing.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Your nonsense is no better.

You never experienced seasons in Thailand?

What is all the excitement about November 1?

Of course it will slowly go forward and heaven helps that the rainy season extends to Christmas.

Please inform me what are the "seasons" in Thailand?

Hot and flooding,  Hot with unbearable humidity (March and April), Pattaya was cooler early December 2019 and i have been in Chang Mai in December when it is genuinely cool at night.

Hua Hin and Pranburi have always struck me as the most European climate. No doubt why all the high end Canadian and Scandinavian retirees live there.

To call any of these seasons is stretching it.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I am wondering how many people will come. no word anymore about the Travel Pass or CoE... And if you are coming to Bangkok than you welcome to stay in the polluted air as bonus  

You gotta go to  "The  Big Mango"!

Great City!

3 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

So lets see, lets welcome tourists and eliminate quarantine but expect them to come to Thailand to enjoy restaurants that can not serve them a beer with their meal.  No bars to socialize at. 

What could possibly go wrong with this plan. 

Oh but your wrong, Diners will be able to drink with their meals, just not eating in a pub and drinking will be allowed.

10 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

So lets see, lets welcome tourists and eliminate quarantine but expect them to come to Thailand to enjoy restaurants that can not serve them a beer with their meal.  No bars to socialize at. 

Um, they didn't eliminate quarantine...they just said that they did. It's still there. Just shorter.

10 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Seems to be a few bars open in Phuket a week ago ready for the off. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Answer: Stupid desperate foreigners who are willing to pay for Covid insurance after being vaccinated and willing to pay thousands of dollars to be mentally tortured. As long as SUCKERS continue to give crooks money their lame excuses for protecting the Thai population could drag on for months or years. By stalling for months to order any vaccines proves the common Thais were the last of the governments concerns.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:
27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why are you even here or on a Thai based forum ?

Shouldn’t you be in a European country which is less of a ‘stupid s#it brain-dead country’ ???

..... just saying... 

Expand  

I have to agree with him that the Thai government seems to have theirs heads up a smelly hole.

To the unbalanced and negatively biased maybe. 

We’ve just travelled to the UK, there are also hoops to jump though...  Pre-paid PCR tests booked before arrival,  Passenger Locator forms (download and printed).

From Nov 1st the only real difference between Thailand and the UK is the 1 night quarantine (for vaccinated arrivals). 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lordblackader said:

How can they be lifting a "curfew" in Chiang Mai when Chiang Mai never had a curfew? 

The curfew issue is going to cause quite a bit of resentment. Especially from the Thais whose xenophobic levels have been pushed to max by the likes of certain health ministers and the zones being withdrawn from curfew requirements are predominantly places tourists nwant to go. Having said that, does it really matter if there is a curfew or not? It's not like there's much in the way of late night entertainment venues since the bar ban is still in place.

11 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Nov 1st: Quarantine free countries named -  curfew lifted, bars stay shut...

And when Italy offers the same entry with the condition that I can't buy pasta or pizza or drink red wine, yeah, I'll be sure to go....

Idiots.

Drinking aint a deal-breaker for a lot of us. Quarantine on the other hand is.

I'm booking up for December...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

I would like to visit my house in Trat, but in the rules it says only Koh Chang area, very unclear, how many days do I have to stay in Koh Chang until I can visit Trat town?

You could do 1 day in Bangkok (assuming youre coming from an approved country) and then go right on to Trat. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, superal said:

Not forgetting that Thais who are returning to Thailand do not have to have a PCR test 72 hours before their flight . What sense does that make ? if they are positive the whole flight of passengers will be affected . 

Well be fair, those ASQ and SHA+ hotels paid a lot out in brown envelopes based on the figures provided by TAT as to how many million tourists would arrive. Now they're out of pocket so the powers that be (many of whom probably are shareholders) want to make sure they don't lose out completely. Keep them sweet by the promise that if someone on a flight tests positive on arrival they'll quarantine the whole flight manifest.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not quite the 70% they wanted now is it, but hey Phuket opened up without the 70% double valued on the island. So it must mean 70% with a first jab, I guess that's better than nothing. 

Tourist areas have been given priority so vax rates will be above average. Conburi's governor is claiming 70% of the province's registered residents have been vaxxed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

forget it who is going to put up with this stupid s#it stupid brain-dead country  ..what they they must realise is Thailand is not the country it was  better and cheaper places in europe 

once you lose em  you wont get them back but these idiots cant see that

Let's face it, unless you have vested interests, most people who travel to Thailand probably only visit once in their life time anyhow.

Nothing to really lose.

Edited by Chelseafan

9 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Or the smug "I don't come for a fortnight's holiday, so I don't risk losing 2 days of my holiday in enforced quarantine." posts.

Or the chip on shoulder comments who resent people who do longer travel sojourns for whom a few days in quarantine is not a burden

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Let's face it, unless you have vested interests, most people who travel to Thailand probably only visit once in their life time anyhow.

Nothing to really lose.

Repeat tourism used to be very common here. Many people I know come here 3 times a year...some once a year. It used to be great here. But the junta, police and army have ruined it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

The Chinese don't tend to visit bars. Not big on sitting in the sun either. They come for the food, the shopping, and the photoshoots. and however polluted Thailand's air is, I doubt it is as bad as some of their big cities. Also. Thailand is a lot closer to China than Europe. Three hour flight for a holiday vs 11 or 12 hours for  Europeans.

Even allowing for the economic problems, the large population will still ensure large numbers of travellers. We shall see soon enough with both our New Year and Chinese New Year only a few months away.

Social media will soon spread the word if a good or bad experience is to be had.

No guarantee the Chinese will be along for some time to come.  They will not be letting people out to travel until at least next March and now they have a larger outbreak of Covid it will most likely be later than that.