Nov 1st: Quarantine free countries named - one night must be in SHA+ or AQ hotel - curfew lifted, bars stay shut

webfact

18 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Cant see many coming with all the restrictions when Spain is cheaper and without any issues. 

A49F481F-72B0-44DF-AC57-7D3B3984E8F1.jpeg

In Spain can an 

19 minutes ago, stickymango said:

I live in Canada (approved country).  I plan to travel to Mexico 8 days prior to travelling to Thailand (not approved country).  Any guess on the chance of “getting caught” and not meeting the 21 days requirement?  5%?  15%?  35%  55%? 75%?. Would the only means of detection be a passport stamp?  What would be the consequences of “getting caught”.  Trying to figure out if I should cancel my Mexico trip.  Thanks

If you have a digital passport is there some kind of record even with no passport stamp?

The NSA in the US knows where everybody goes they dont share this info easily but, I have only been to Mexico as an operating remember. Never had passport stamped.

38 minutes ago, stickymango said:

I live in Canada (approved country).  I plan to travel to Mexico 8 days prior to travelling to Thailand (not approved country).  Any guess on the chance of “getting caught” and not meeting the 21 days requirement?  5%?  15%?  35%  55%? 75%?. Would the only means of detection be a passport stamp?  What would be the consequences of “getting caught”.  Trying to figure out if I should cancel my Mexico trip.  Thanks

Passport stamped: nearly 100% otherwise none

A few questions.

1. So the only reason the Phuket sandbox program still exists is for people from countries not on the list of 46, correct?

I bought an AXA policy for my upcoming sandbox trip (the "old" $100k coverage one) that specifically states "Phuket Sandbox".....but as I am from South Korea (approved country), I obviously won't need to do Sandbox and instead will do the 1 day/night "quarantine free" entry.

2. Will the fact that my policy states "Phuket Sandbox" be a problem in this respect if I run into a brain dead official somewhere along the line or am I being overly paranoid?

3. Tried to contact Axa to ask if they can remove the word "Sandbox" but they ignore emails. Anyone have any good contact info? I purchased on their main official website, not from an agent. 

Thanks~

414.jpg

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Like 1

Well, the Thai embassy in Washington D.C. announced on its webpage today that COEs approved before November 1st would still be honored. The update also indicated that Thailand Pass applications would take seven working days to process. So, I guess that means they’re just going to leave those of us with pending COE applications and early November travel bookings twisting in the wind…

What an absolute <deleted> show.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aussienam said:

Sounds like a boring holiday for people to come to Thailand when no bars, clubs etc open.  Part of the holiday experience is relaxing, having a few drinks and enjoying the atmosphere.  A huge demographic just won't come.  

Families, non-drinkers and others wishing for sight-seeing tours etc may come, which I suppose is a start.  But I doubt many will.  

When will the government relax and open up the nightlife?   We surely must be heading towards 70%+ vaccination targets soon?  

Considering that much of the western world is seeing a spike in infections and their vaccines were far more potent than those used for the majority of vaccinations in Thailand , the re-opening of bars to the masses will result in a new wave of infections in Thailand that will become evident with or without testing and publishing results or not . For that reason alone is why the Thai government is delaying re-opening of bars -    in my opinion

I'll give them one more year to figure out a way to entice me to go there.  I'm neither desperate nor deluded to jump through their hoops.  Keep Thailand for Thais, I'll go to more welcoming countries meanwhile. ????

18 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

The first farang answering him says "thanks so much, so my children just need to do a test on departure and arrival."

Some people are just -

1. Deranged

2. Desperate

3. Deluded

4. All the D's above

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lordblackader said:

How can they be lifting a "curfew" in Chiang Mai when Chiang Mai never had a curfew? 

I was thinking the same about Koh Chang, but then maybe there was a curfew, but I never knew :cheesy:      Seriously there was NO curfew here, not much point really as everything closed before 10pm unless one wanted to go night fishing. We have such an informed  ill-informed bunch of generals in charge.

8 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

My god. One night wont kill you.  I ve done 3 quarantines 15/15/ and a 7 starting tomorrow. I think the one night become a question of many cheap charlies that should just consider somewhere else for cheap beer

You have to understand that quarantine free means quarantine free not 24 or 36 hours stuck in a room after you have been on a plane and transiting for up to 36 hours.  Why do you also associate it with Cheap Charlies who are looking for a beer.  Many of us that would fly out and return here, just want to get back to our homes and families without the added time or expense, and it has nothing to do with being cheap.  I could also care less how many trips you have made in and out and sat through 14 day and 7 day quarantine as it has no bearing on other folks and what you choose to do may be seen as an imposition on others, even those who are only taking a 2 week trip before they return home and back to work.  If I offered you a Free dinner but then told you it was only free after you paid for the table, the ingredients, and the servers pay would you still think it was free........

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, champers said:

Tourist areas have been given priority so vax rates will be above average. Conburi's governor is claiming 70% of the province's registered residents have been vaxxed.

You missed the point as this Quarantine free travel arrival is for all of Thailand and not all of Thailand has 70% vaccination rates.  Try again.

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

Well, the Thai embassy in Washington D.C. announced on its webpage today that COEs approved before November 1st would still be honored. The update also indicated that Thailand Pass applications would take seven working days to process. So, I guess that means they’re just going to leave those of us with pending COE applications and early November travel bookings twisting in the wind…

What an absolute <deleted> show.

I booked a flight back to the US in January with a return home here in Thailand 4 weeks later.  Wonder if by then they will have the Thailand Pass program up and running and I will be able to apply for my return before I leave Thailand so as to not play the game while in the US.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

And now sit back and wait for the Well-What-About-Me? posts.

And the full details of the 'on arrival' PCR swab test;

- Where,

- Who will administer the test, will it be a qualified and experienced  health person?

- Will the test be administered as soon as arrivals reach their 1 day hotel, will it be done 24/7, if it's done say midnight will the swab go immediately to the processing laboratory or will it wait until 9 to 5 hours. How many guaranteed minimum/maximum hours to get the result?

- How will the results come to the traveler; e.mail, SMS (I guess that means the traveler must have a Thai SIM card in their phone)? 

- If result comes within say 6 hours of arrival at the 1 day hotel, can the traveler leave the hotel immediately?

- Where is the list of approved 1 day hotels in Bangkok?

- Is there a standard cost for all travelers for the PCR swab test? What is the cost?

- Is the swab test fee included in the 1 night hotel cost?

- Will travelers receive a telephone number they can contact if they have any concerns about the 1 night hotel rules, the test / the test results, when they can depart hotel etc?  

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

- Where,

at the SHA+ / AQ hotel.

- Who will administer the test, will it be a qualified and experienced  health person?

Nurse from hotel linked to SHA+ AQ hotel (same as ASQ before) 

- Will the test be administered as soon as arrivals reach their 1 day hotel, will it be done 24/7, if it's done say midnight will the swab go immediately to the processing laboratory or will it wait until 9 to 5 hours. How many guaranteed minimum/maximum hours to get the result?

(Guess) Daylight hours anly.

- How will the results come to the traveler; e.mail, SMS (I guess that means the traveler must have a Thai SIM card in their phone)? 

Email.

- If result comes within say 6 hours of arrival at the 1 day hotel, can the traveler leave the hotel immediately?

Yes. 

Same as ASQ, I guess more will surface.

- Is there a standard cost for all travelers for the PCR swab test? What is the cost?

Subject to hotel arrangement with hospital (I guess about 4-5000 baht)

I suspect that maybe the simplest solution.

- Will travelers receive a telephone number they can contact if they have any concerns about the 1 night hotel rules, the test / the test results, when they can depart hotel etc?  

Doubtful !! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

UK is currently suffering 115 daily deaths (with Covid-19 on the Death Certificate).

UK is currently suffering 52,000 daily new Covid-19 cases.

UK is currently testing approximately 1 million people per day.

Thailand is currently suffering 73 daily deaths (with Covid-19 on the Death Certificate).

Thailand is currently suffering 9,727 daily new Covid-19 cases.

Thailand is currently testing approximately 40-50,000 people per day.

The UK is testing more and has a lot less deaths per positive cases than Thailand. 

A fair guess would that this is due to the fact that the UK is far further along its vaccination program than Thailand. 

Vaccination and testing do not stop infection. At the end of the day the repercussions of getting covid are unique to every individual.

Latest figures from the ONS indicate about 1 in 60 of the UK population are infected, so if you frequent a popular venue such as a pub or nightclub, statistically there will be infected people present. 

Statistically safer in Thailand as the opportunity to frequent a bar or nightclub is a lot less.

The incidence of infection is much higher in schoolchildren at 1 in 14, not looking good for the school holidays.

The substantial increase – up from an estimated one in 20 pupils the previous week – suggests that the spread of Covid through secondary schools is far outpacing the government’s vaccination programme. It follows criticism this week from headteachers and parents about a “haphazard” vaccine rollout that is continuing to disrupt education.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/08/covid-rates-rising-in-secondary-schools-in-england-ons-data-shows

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, scorecard said:

- Where,

Tests are already being carried out at quarantine hotels, why think it will be any different?

All the questions have been addressed numerous times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

You missed the point as this Quarantine free travel arrival is for all of Thailand

Not according to the OP.

Eligible tourists will be allowed to travel freely within the pilot tourism areas in 17 provinces quarantine-free, namely Bangkok, Krabi, Chon Buri (only Bang Lamung, Si Racha, Ko Sichang districts; Na Jomtien and Bang Saray subdistricts in Sattahip, and Pattaya City), Chiang Mai (only the city district, Doi Tao, Mae Rim, and Mae Taeng districts), Trat (only Ko Chang district), Buriram (only the city district), Prachuab Khiri Khan (only Hua Hin and Nong Kae subdistricts), Phang Nga, Phetchaburi (only Cha-Am City Municipality), Phuket, Ranong (only Ko Phayam), Rayong (only Ko Samet), Loei (only Chiang Khan district), Samut Prakan (only within Suvarnabhumi International Airport), Surat Thani (only Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan, and Ko Tao), Nong Khai (only the city district, Sangkhom, Si Chang Mai, and Tha Bo district), and Udon Thani (only the city district, Ban Dung, Kumphawapi, Na Yung, Nong Han, and Prachaksinlapakhom districts).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Not according to the OP.

Eligible tourists will be allowed to travel freely within the pilot tourism areas in 17 provinces quarantine-free, namely Bangkok, Krabi, Chon Buri (only Bang Lamung, Si Racha, Ko Sichang districts; Na Jomtien and Bang Saray subdistricts in Sattahip, and Pattaya City), Chiang Mai (only the city district, Doi Tao, Mae Rim, and Mae Taeng districts), Trat (only Ko Chang district), Buriram (only the city district), Prachuab Khiri Khan (only Hua Hin and Nong Kae subdistricts), Phang Nga, Phetchaburi (only Cha-Am City Municipality), Phuket, Ranong (only Ko Phayam), Rayong (only Ko Samet), Loei (only Chiang Khan district), Samut Prakan (only within Suvarnabhumi International Airport), Surat Thani (only Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan, and Ko Tao), Nong Khai (only the city district, Sangkhom, Si Chang Mai, and Tha Bo district), and Udon Thani (only the city district, Ban Dung, Kumphawapi, Na Yung, Nong Han, and Prachaksinlapakhom districts).

So your trying to tell me that after one has cleared the PCR test that they will not be allowed to travel home to say Nakhon Nowhere, I think they may have a problem bottling folks up and not allowing this with such a wide area already included, unless they will ensure they track you by the app forever if you reside here like many of us do and will travel out and back.....lol

• Like 1

Its not quarantine free. 

1 day in quarantine is still quarantine.

Singapore is considdered low risk?????

Not sure what the goverment is using .

Maybe they will get people from High risk areas to make sure they have 2 weeks in quarantine as they will find more cases from those countries. boost the hotel economy.

COVID-19 in Singapore

Level 4: Very High Level of COVID-19 in Singapore

Key Information for Travelers to Singapore

• Avoid travel to Singapore.
  • If you must travel to Singapore, make sure you are fully vaccinated before travel.
  • Because of the current situation in Singapore, even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.

The UK is a hotspot with 69 cases per 100.000 yet they are on the lowrisk list. India has 1.1 per 100.000 but is not on the list. Estonia has 90 cases per 100.000 but is on list?????????

image.png.b11840b57f46fc0c1950687868841eb2.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Eligible tourists will be allowed to travel freely within the pilot tourism areas in 17 provinces quarantine-free, namely Bangkok, Krabi, Chon Buri (only Bang Lamung, Si Racha, Ko Sichang districts; Na Jomtien and Bang Saray subdistricts in Sattahip, and Pattaya City), ...

One presumes there will be border checks in p!ace to prevent tourists from accidentally stepping one millimetre outside the specified areas? Or perhaps there will be fences or a big beautiful wall...

As far as I can see, it's a step forward, but impossible to police. No joined up thinking.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your trying to tell me that after one has cleared the PCR test that they will not be allowed to travel home to say Nakhon Nowhere, I think they may have a problem bottling folks up and not allowing this with such a wide area already included, unless they will ensure they track you by the app forever if you reside here like many of us do and will travel out and back.....lol

Pure speculation.

You never know, maybe they will separate tourists from other categories and only tourists will do the 1 day quarantine. Others may have to do a full quarantine period before travelling to a low vaccination area.

I was given a certificate on leaving quarantine confirming the quarantine period. Maybe they will have road blocks checking certificates.

Best to wait and see rather than speculate, don't you think.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Not SHA, must be SHA+.

When I search for one on Agoda both were advertised.

Only SHA+ can provide you with SHABA code you need for your COE

The new regulations do not require a COE, nor a Thai Pass. Is it not so?

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Pure speculation.

You never know, maybe they will separate tourists from other categories and only tourists will do the 1 day quarantine. Others may have to do a full quarantine period before travelling to a low vaccination area.

I was given a certificate on leaving quarantine confirming the quarantine period. Maybe they will have road blocks checking certificates.

Best to wait and see rather than speculate, don't you think.

It might be pure speculation but this is a forum to discuss things and not out of the realm of possibilities for what I discussed, of course your views are also valid.  Cheers, and thanks for not cutting my post down to change the meaning as written.

7 minutes ago, wombat said:

the one fact that won't go away is....

covid4.jpg

many of those 99.98% as you say it will be rebuilding their lives after suffering from long covid, and may never return to a life they had before.  Time to stop with the only .02 percent rhetoric because it is false information.

11 minutes ago, sandyf said:

And you don't think people entering other countries do not need to get to their destination as quickly as possible. Thailand is not the only country in the world with a quarantine policy.

Me,me,me.....

This is affecting people returning to Thailand or coming as a tourist, so yes its about them them them not anyone else or any other country.