Thai Govt spokesman thanks Zac Efron for good publicity

webfact

Thai Government appreciates Zac Efron and Russell Crowe’s Phuket posts

By Namo Vananupong

442eef3b421840b75195366c3b300ca1_small-1.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - A government spokesman has expressed his appreciation for Hollywood star Zac Efron posting pictures of Phuket and expressing his enjoyment of the island on his Instagram account. Meanwhile, the prime minister has reiterated his call on all sectors to prepare for the November 1 reopening to international tourists.

Prime Minister’s Office spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana has expressed his appreciation of Hollywood celebrity Zac Efron posting pictures of Phuket’s seascapes on his personal Instagram account, which has some 49 million followers. Efron wrote, "This one feels very special as I get to spend it in Thailand, alongside the most talented and kind cast and crew, making a movie that I think will be awesome."

Earlier this month, Hollywood actor Russell Crowe posted shots of his travels in Thailand on his Twitter account and also applauded the Phuket Sandbox quarantine waiver scheme.

Mr. Thanakorn said Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha has re-emphasized Thailand’s reopening to foreign tourists on November 1. He explained that the prime minister urged the implementation of strict public health measures for all activities and operations, for the purpose of fostering public health security and safety for tourists. Thanakorn said Thailand’s reopening should attract foreign visitors, and the country remains among the world’s top tourism destinations.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Do they think that these two peoples posts are going to bring back the millions of tourists ????????????

After the government has run out of "Lalisa" news, Zac Efron's and Russel Crowe's tweets are the new source to milk. Wait for tomorrow's repeat action.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt very much that these highly paid actors working making films here even see much outside the film set and luxury hotel or villa they are put in for free.

Waited on hand and foot, with maybe the occasional visit to a top restaurant. They live different lives to the rest of us.

Lucky bar stewards

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 3:57 PM, webfact said:

Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangbunkhongchana thanked heartthrob US actor Zac Efron for his positive comments about Thailand. 

Um, I don't read anywhere anything positive or negative or special for that matter in his words about Thailand below, apart from he is here, is enjoying the talented and kind, cast and crew, that he is making a movie and is very happy.

"This ones feels very special as I get to spend it in Thailand alongside the most talented and kind, cast and crew making a movie that would be awesome".

Is the cast and crew Thai, do Thai's have anything to do with this movie or with Zac ?

As usual, government jumping onto anything they can put a spin on, they didn't con me, maybe the Thai's, I see it for what it is.

As for Russell Crowe, he will call a spade a spade, no need for government reps to put a spin on things, although I'm sure they will try.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

"This ones feels very special as I get to spend it in Thailand alongside the most talented and kind, cast and crew making a movie that would be awesome".

Is the cast and crew Thai, do Thai's have anything to do with this movie or with Zac ?

Of course the crew is Thai.  A lot of supporting cast and of course extras too.

What a ridiculous question.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Figured as much.

Why the need to post stuff you have no way of substantiating.... do you enjoy lieing for the sake of it.

Some people on here are just ridiculous.  I happen to work in this industry if that matters (it doesn't, this is just so obvious it shouldn't need explaining).  It is a production shooting in Thailand using a Thai production company, Thai equipment rental houses, Thai crew.  They are shooting in Thailand because this part of the movie is set in Asia (Vietnam mostly, but they are shooting it all here), so of course there are Asian people in it.

Just because I can't name all of the extras you assume they are shipping in farangs to play Thai and Vietnamese people?  Shipping in extras from Hollywood to act as Thai  and Vietnamese background people?

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Thanks 1

Just now, josephbloggs said:

Some people on here are just ridiculous.  I happen to work in this industry.  It is a production shooting in Thailand using a Thai production company, Thai equipment rental houses, Thai crew.  They are shooting in Thailand because this part of the movie is set in Asia (Vietnam mostly, but they are shooting it all here), so of course there are Asian people in it.

Just because I can't name all of the extras you assume they are shipping in farangs to play Thai and Vietnamese people?  Shipping in extras from Hollywood to act as Thai  and Vietnamese background people?

So you have no proof to back your claims.

Doubt Iam the only not surprised.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So you have no proof to back your claims.

Doubt Iam the only not surprised.

Wow, just wow.

So ignorant and blinkered you truly believe there are no Thais involved in a movie set in Asia, shot in Thailand with a Thai production company that uses Thai equipment and Thai crew.   Unless I name them all one by one.  And I work in this industry and have been on countless of these sets (but of course unless I post pictures of me on a set you won't believe that either - I am not going to by the way).   I have no words.  Actually I have a couple but I'll keep them to myself.

Move along.

• Like 1