Thailand announces reopening rules for tourism reboot

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

New and improved CoE app not mentioned.

1-2 day quarantine hotel while waiting for results not mentioned.

Curfew and bars pubs ???

What about transportation restrictions? Tried to go to Koh Tao a few weeks ago. They wanted a 3000b PCR test to board the boat. Can't make this stuff up...going to stop feeling sorry for the industry soon.

They ask for a PCR  on domestic flight for the fully vaccinated ?

5 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

New and improved CoE app not mentioned.

1-2 day quarantine hotel while waiting for results not mentioned.

Curfew and bars pubs ???

What about transportation restrictions? Tried to go to Koh Tao a few weeks ago. They wanted a 3000b PCR test to board the boat. Can't make this stuff up...going to stop feeling sorry for the industry soon.

My wife had a test a while ago flying into Buriram 500 baht at airport,,,

7 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand announced rules on Friday...

The only announcement that really counts is the one published in the Government Gazette.

Can somebody post a link to it?

Edited by Puccini
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

...3. Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha last week said entertainment venues would reopen by Dec. 1.

Could we just escalate rule 3 please, we need to start living life ????

What the prime minister or any other government official said is irrelevant unless and until it is published in the Government Gazette.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Tried to go to Koh Tao a few weeks ago. They wanted a 3000b PCR test to board the boat. Can't make this stuff up...going to stop feeling sorry for the industry soon.

too funny - I assume they were going to do the test and get you the results back in 10mins lol

Shark tooth ring 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

As would be expected, given masks, social distancing, etc. if you are insinuating that the flu and Covid are the same, you are wrong.

after being on my ignore list and since removed again (the first) - I think I have now liked 3 of your posts ????

Until,direct flights from Brisbane Australia to Thailand recommence that are not through other Australian states then I won’t be coming ! To many changing rules both in Thailand and back here in Australia , I think I will wait another 6-12 months so I can travel with minimal/potential interruptions to places like Koh Chang 

have they done away with the COE requirement?

where do you get covid specific insurance , so you have to buy both covid and medical insurance or there a product where both are covered ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kevin612 said:

No nightlife, I will delay my trip. Friends don’t want to fly there without entertainment.

Article said all venues open Dec. 1

11 hours ago, kevin612 said:

No nightlife, I will delay my trip. Friends don’t want to fly there without entertainment.

12 hours ago, Shuya said:

So its okay if you travel from Thailand to a high-risk country for 20 days and come back without quarantine?

Yes, if double vaccinated, a negative test just before the flight and a test on arrival (with isolation until a negative result). Okay the latter is perhaps a form of quarantine.....

Just now, vandeventer said:

Please tell me, how many non-drinking tourist will there be? And what are they coming here for a good time?

The drinking ones can go to Phuket for a drink can they not. Had a couple myself with dinner last night but of course a little naughty. People can sit at a bar getting drunk just as well at home... how about lying on a beach in the sun watching the kids enjoy themselves? Beats Blackpool in November.....

• Like 2