Will this pandemic ever end as the infections in the UK surge again.

4MyEgo

33 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

So the vaccinated are killing off the unvaccinated  ? Brilliant even Better lol  ????

If I had the slightest clue what i was doing I'd set up a website cough on an antivaxxer. com 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Actually, if you've done your homework properly, you'll find that the possibly infected vaccinated are more likely to be the instigator of proteins that mutate from the natural acts of resisting the newly introduced antibodies from the vaccine. 

There's quite an array of scientific material and evidence models that are being proposed along these lines. 

Actually, if you'd done your homework properly, you 'd know that it was more complicated than that. The rise in mutations is higher when both vaccination levels are high and measures to curb transmission are weak.

Vaccine-resistant coronavirus 'mutants' are more likely when transmission is high, new model finds

Vaccine-resistant coronavirus mutants are more likely to emerge when a large fraction of the population is vaccinated and viral transmission is high, and no steps are taken to stop the spread, a new model suggests. In other words, a situation that looks a lot like the current one in the U.S. 

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-vaccine-resistance-mutation-model.html

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Stunning you are so open to allowing more to die.  But make sense based on your posts over the past year or so.  A covid denier for sure.

Given I'll probably die if I get it I am unconcerned as to your opinion of me.

You are pretty quick to condemn posters you know nothing about, nor their reasons for being reluctant to take the vaccine. You don't know if their Dr has advised not to for health reasons, and there is no reason any should inform you about that.

"covid denier", 5555555555555555555

I scorn your broad brush condemnation of any that don't conform to your opinion.

Such rhetoric fails to convert any that are insulted by such meaningless language.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I wasn't referring to where the virus came from, I was referring to Fauci telling porkies about Game of Function funding.

This has been debunked.  Time to move on.  Jeez.  Others during this time period were telling much bigger ones.  You should focus your anger there.

• Confused 3

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given I'll probably die if I get it I am unconcerned as to your opinion of me.

You are pretty quick to condemn posters you know nothing about, nor their reasons for being reluctant to take the vaccine. You don't know if their Dr has advised not to for health reasons, and there is no reason any should inform you about that.

"covid denier", 5555555555555555555

I scorn your broad brush condemnation of any that don't conform to your opinion.

Such rhetoric fails to convert any that are insulted by such meaningless language.

My opinion was based on your reply to another members post, where they indicated they were OK with more dying if that meant opening up.  Looks like that member has modified their original post to remove it.

If a doctor has advised someone to not get vaccinated, then a member would be quick to indicate this in a post, or follow up reply.  Most on this forum who don't want to vaccinate indicate it's either because they don't trust a new vaccine or just don't want it.  Both ridiculous reasons.

Time to get tough on those who refuse the vaccine and put the safety of others at risk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

That is dangerously close to dictatorship, I understand what you indicate, however I have a problem with  mandating health interventions on a national scale. Eugenics comes to mind

We're in the middle of a war that's already killed some 10MM people globally.  And with the potential for variants to crop up that are even more deadly, it's time to act.  Vaccines have been mandated before.  Why is this time so different? 

P.S. it's nothing like eugenics.  It's called public safety for ALL.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

.......however a lot of denial on your part, some times you have to take the blinkers.......so you have to keep an open mind.......

I believe Fauci lied and has all the reasons to lie......I just hope he comes clean, but doubt it very much as he is arrogant and been in that position for too long

Blinkers?  Open mind?   

Kettle, pot!

PH

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Until China opens up, which will never happen, we'll never know the exact origin of this virus.  So, a lab leak is a viable option.  Though according to a vast majority of scientists, it's not the #1 option.  But still an option!

If Fauci lied, it wasn't because he did it intentionally.  The right wing media and conspiracy theory outlets have been all over him from day one.  It's terrible how they've crucified this guy.  Terrible.  All because of fake and misleading info.

Most documents that have been put up to discredit Fauci are dodgy.  Many have been removed here. 

When your in such a position of power, you are held accountable, so you either take it, defend it, or fall on your sword, and as he has been involved in game of function before, I reckon he knew exactly what was and is going on, and the truth will prevail in time.

As for the lab leak theory, not interested, only interested in the cover up, history repeating it's self, but who knows, we might not find out till he's good and buried ?

Pandemic will fully end when people lose their fear of the virus. This is slowly happening, and more and more people are coming to terms with what Covid is, and what it isn't.

More practically, restrictions the world over are gradually being eased. That is an excellent development.

As life returns to normal, vaccine saturation occurs, and societies don't collapse from Covid (never even remotely a real risk), confidence will return and the reopening will accelerate even more. So yes. In every way that really matters, the pandemic will end.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

When your in such a position of power, you are held accountable, so you either take it, defend it, or fall on your sword, and as he has been involved in game of function before, I reckon he knew exactly what was and is going on, and the truth will prevail in time.

As for the lab leak theory, not interested, only interested in the cover up, history repeating it's self, but who knows, we might not find out till he's good and buried ?

"His" involvement in gain of function has been blown out of proportion.  I've researched this extensively.  Again, sad he's bashed by those who love conspiracy theories.

Anyway, this is way off topic.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/the-wuhan-lab-and-the-gain-of-function-disagreement/

“This was not intentional gain of function,” Perlman said, adding that in this type of research “these viruses are almost always attenuated,” meaning weakened. The gain of function would be what comes out of the research “unintentionally,” but the initial goal of the project is what you would want to look at: can these viruses infect people, how likely would they be to mutate in order to do that, and “let’s get a catalog of these viruses out there.”

Perlman also said that making a virus that could infect human cells in a lab doesn’t mean the virus is more infectious for humans. Viruses adapt to the cell culture, he said, and may grow well in a cell culture but then, for instance, not actually infect mice very well.

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

We're in the middle of a war that's already killed some 10MM people globally.  And with the potential for variants to crop up that are even more deadly, it's time to act.  Vaccines have been mandated before.  Why is this time so different? 

P.S. it's nothing like eugenics.  It's called public safety for ALL.

If it's a war, why are we not on a war footing, martial law declared, etc. Use of such language is in large part why some don't believe it's as bad as made out by those with something to gain.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

If it's a war, why are we not on a war footing, martial law declared, etc. Use of such language is in large part why some don't believe it's as bad as made out by those with something to gain.

Something to gain?  Come on.  Most are losing in this war.  Very, very, very few are gaining.  Though a few definitely are.

I'd say 10MM+ dead, millions more hospitalized constitutes "BAD".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

When your in such a position of power, you are held accountable, so you either take it, defend it, or fall on your sword

Spoken like a true Qanon Trumptie.    Your Leader going to fall on his sword any time soon?

PH

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Spoken like a true Qanon Trumptie.    Your Leader going to fall on his sword any time soon?

PH

You must be suffering from delusions of grandeur, not American, never supported Trump and don't get into politics, although I so know that I don't wear blinkers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

"His" involvement in gain of function has been blown out of proportion.  I've researched this extensively.  Again, sad he's bashed by those who love conspiracy theories.

Anyway, this is way off topic.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/the-wuhan-lab-and-the-gain-of-function-disagreement/

“This was not intentional gain of function,” Perlman said, adding that in this type of research “these viruses are almost always attenuated,” meaning weakened. The gain of function would be what comes out of the research “unintentionally,” but the initial goal of the project is what you would want to look at: can these viruses infect people, how likely would they be to mutate in order to do that, and “let’s get a catalog of these viruses out there.”

Perlman also said that making a virus that could infect human cells in a lab doesn’t mean the virus is more infectious for humans. Viruses adapt to the cell culture, he said, and may grow well in a cell culture but then, for instance, not actually infect mice very well.

Over here they call it break failure, I suppose if we blamed them for being the cause of the accident, they too could call it a conspiracy theory, give me a break, guilty as will be charged and dismissed.

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Over here they call it break failure, I suppose if we blamed them for being the cause of the accident, they too could call it a conspiracy theory, give me a break, guilty as will be charged and dismissed.

He'll be charged about the same time Trump's charged for his crimes.  Never. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

The current one will be replaced by one with a new mutations/variants, as is being seen in Spain, Africa and part of Euro.

This will continue for several years, and booster vaccinations will be required.

Cases will surge and deaths will continue especially in the unvaxxed communities, and in vaccine poor nations

We all, wherever we are, will have to learn to live with this awful Corona virus with all its old and new mutations. Vaccinations, including boosters, and all other precautionary measures will be of great assistance, but although absolutely necessary, will not eradicate the virus. Opening up, albeit in a careful and orderly manner, is an absolute necessity, as one can‘t close up the world wide economy for ever.