Will this pandemic ever end as the infections in the UK surge again.

4MyEgo

46 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Yet its there, in the news, that fauci did appear to lie to congress and there was, in fact, funding for gain of function. This is no longer a conspiracy theory. 

Can you show a credible link for this? I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

I dont have much sympathy for the doctors and nurses doing their jobs. Everyone has been suffering one way or the other, and if we still need to worry about hospital strain after most people have been vaccinated, then that draws into question just how effective these "safe and effective" Vaccinations are. This isnt taking away from the vaccinations, its just a simple statement of fact. Its going to be hard to defend all this when even the vaccinations aren't getting us back to normal. 

One thing that is 100% sure tho: nobody is stopping this virus. 

Stunning you don't know the answer to this. One reason we're still having problems. I suggest some new sources for your news.

4 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

And this is a lie. 

NIH Sent a letter admitting to gain of function. Its all right here: 

https://news.yahoo.com/nih-admits-funding-gain-function-125103852.html

The revelation vindicates Republican senator Rand Paul,

That says it all. Rand is close to the nutrients of all. Anti vaxxer and covid denier.  This article is biased and misleading.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

And this is a lie. 

NIH Sent a letter admitting to gain of function. Its all right here: 

https://news.yahoo.com/nih-admits-funding-gain-function-125103852.html

The NIH does not use the term gain of function and nor did Fauci. Both explicitly denied that it was. In any case the research was not related to the outbreak of C19.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Nobody knows the source of the virus. Well, at least those of us in the west.

I wasn't referring to where the virus came from, I was referring to Fauci telling porkies about Game of Function funding.

29 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Read my posts first before leaping to conclusions.

I did, in fact I went back one step to read what you were responding to, and the impression that I got is that you don't think the strain in hospitals is because vaccines are affective.

You said:

"Everyone has been suffering one way or the other, and if we still need to worry about hospital strain after most people have been vaccinated, then that draws into question just how effective these "safe and effective" Vaccinations are.

My response is that the premise of your statement is wrong and that most people are not vaccinated since most of the deaths occurring is among the unvaccinated.  

Actually at this point as of   Oct/22/2021  only   58.0% of the US population is vaccinated .

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

The strain at the hospitals is due to them and not because vaccines are ineffective, In fact we are all bearing the stain. If everyone who could was vaccinated, In most countries things would be back to normal already. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I wasn't referring to where the virus came from, I was referring to Fauci telling porkies about Game of Function funding.

What has this got to do with C-19? It is nothing more than points scoring since Fauci and the NIH deny that it was a gain of function and a dentist and a scientist opine otherwise. You simply prefer to believe the less qualified and credible sources. This is nothing more than an argument about semantics.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

If everyone who could was vaccinated, In most countries things would be back to normal already. 

Yet the facts are different from this assertion. Singapore for example has vaccinated almost 90% of their population yet have more cases (and deaths) now than they've ever had throughout the whole pandemic. 

Just now, Leveraged said:

Yet the facts are different from this assertion. Singapore for example has vaccinated almost 90% of their population yet have more cases (and deaths) now than they've ever had throughout the whole pandemic. 

Because they opened up and because delta

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This is nothing more than an argument about semantics.

I have to agree with that sentiment, because I think that's what it's all about – – one side's interpretation of what constitutes "Gain of Function" research and the Fauci side saying that their interpretation is not correct, because research on Gain of Function constitutes different methodologies as to those which were funded by the research.

That's the best way I can describe it, after having read the article at the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Yet still ,most of the deaths and hospitalizations occur among the unvaccinated.!!

Just because more unvaccinated  people might be dying now than in the past is a function of the new strains of covid and not because of the ineffectiveness of the vaccines since , MOST OF THE DEATHS ARE OCCURRING AMONG THE UNVACCINATED. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yet still ,most of the deaths and hospitalizations occur among the unvaccinated.!!

Just because more unvaccinated  people might be dying now than in the past is a function of the new strains of covid and not because of the ineffectiveness of the vaccines since , MOST OF THE DEATHS ARE OCCURRING AMONG THE UNVACCINATED. 

UK has over 80% percent of the population vaccinated. So very soon all the people who aren't vaccinated will possibly catch it and recover or die so things should keep improving right?

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

And? Are you trying to say that once most people are vaccinated, we can then move on and don’t need to worry about it? 

What should be more concerning is the fact this nasty bug is about five steps ahead of us and has the ability to mutate again and again, eventually morph into a couple of super strains that are resistant to any of the current pharmaceutically based vaccines and therapeutic prophylactics that we have at our current disposal - 

We'll never be victorious as long as we insist to fighting COVID on it's on terms and grounds. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

And? Are you trying to say that once most people are vaccinated, we can then move on and don’t need to worry about it? 

We still have to worry about it, but we can move on.

If people did not get very sick, did nor die, and did not overwhelm  the medical establishment from covid , then covid would no more affect than the common cold does. And we have learned to live with that. 

• Like 1

No it won't end as such, but over a period of months, or perhaps years it will become less of a problem, as populations build up acquired or natural immunity.  Notice that although cases are surging in the UK, hospitalizations and deaths are very much lower than before, and most of those who sadly die are unvaccinated.  What doesn't help the UK, but might help Thailand, is by respecting some basic reasonable rules, ie, mask wearing in public and hand sanitizing.

14 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

UK has over 80% percent of the population vaccinated. So very soon all the people who aren't vaccinated will possibly catch it and recover or die so things should keep improving right?

The fear is that as the unvaccinated keep infecting each other new stains will emerge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

BS.  I saw Fauci on the TV almost every day.  He's a true hero.  Sad some don't understand this.  A man who's committed his life to public service, and, an expert in this area.

Similar to the UK with Vallance and Whitty telling it how it is, it was just that scruffy lazy incompetent lying <deleted> stood between them that spoilt it

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The fear is that as the unvaccinated keep infecting each other new stains will emerge. 

Actually, if you've done your homework properly, you'll find that the possibly infected vaccinated are more likely to be the instigator of proteins that mutate from the natural acts of resisting the newly introduced antibodies from the vaccine. 

There's quite an array of scientific material and evidence models that are being proposed along these lines. 

Out of what I heard the pandemic will stop 22 sept 2024, and the virus will cease to exist 3 feb 2037. So now you all go to sleep calm. See, there is an end. I guess there is nothing much more to say then, more than close the thread. ???? On the other hand, it´s just word of mouth, of course.

45 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Actually, if you've done your homework properly, you'll find that the possibly infected vaccinated are more likely to be the instigator of proteins that mutate from the natural acts of resisting the newly introduced antibodies from the vaccine. 

There's quite an array of scientific material and evidence models that are being proposed along these lines. 

show us your homework or it's a lie.

If you make a controversial claim without substantiating it don't be surprised if you get called on it. You should know that it's poor forum etiquette. Lies don't get equal time with the truth.

Edited by ozimoron

5 hours ago, itsari said:

The post is criticism of Governments rather than health scientist's . 

Except that the theme of the overwhelming majority of criticisms from public health experts is that governments are relaxing their standards too quickly. Certainly that's the case in the UK.

Why England’s COVID ‘freedom day’ alarms researchers

In less than a week, the UK government plans to drop nearly all measures for mitigating the spread of COVID–19 across England — despite steeply rising infections in the partially vaccinated population. The decision, widely hailed by its advocates as heralding a ‘freedom day’, has been sharply criticized by many scientific and public-health experts in the United Kingdom and beyond.

Some scientists call the relaxation an unprecedented public-health experiment that could result in large numbers of hospitalizations and deaths, and increase the chances of vaccine-resistant variants of SARS-CoV-2 emerging.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01938-4

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

You mean that most transmissions  do not occur among the unvaccinated, and that every time a virus is transmitted there is  a chance of a mutation? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You mean that most transmissions  do not occur among the unvaccinated, and that every time a virus is transmitted there is  a chance of a mutation? 

So the vaccinated are killing off the unvaccinated  ? Brilliant even Better lol  ????

• Haha 2