Will this pandemic ever end as the infections in the UK surge again.

4MyEgo

18 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Not easy in this day age...sadly.

Yes, i agree , but i still read some of his material . You need to read more than one point of view and that has become so much easier with the internet .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, itsari said:

Yes, i agree , but i still read some of his material . You need to read more than one point of view and that has become so much easier with the internet .

Most of the info on the internet is misinformation.  Be careful what you read.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The origin of covid is unknown.  But to bash Fauci for any other reason is BS. We're learning more and more about this virus every day. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/06/16/heres-what-dr-fauci-has-said-about-covids-origins-and-the-lab-leak-theory/?sh=3915bd8fa853

Fauci tells CNN he still believes “the most likely origin is from an animal species to a human but I keep an absolutely open mind that there may be other origins,” adding, “It could have been a lab leak.”

Fauci also denies any US government funding of the French built laboratory in Wuhan . Others say something different .

Again , i have no idea what the truth is . I just read . 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

He has said that he thinks it is probably of animal origin but that it may have come via a lab leak and he is keeping an open mind on the matter.

What is there to disagree with in that?

That is his professional opinion , other professionals do not  agree with him . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Fair enough.....but don't forget the "vaccine paradox".

If the vast majority of a population are vaccinated and the minority unvaccinated (some of whom could still be immunized through natural infection), then the number of vaccinated people becoming infected, hospitalized or dying could/should(?) exceed those of the unvaccinated population.

This is true and it is the point the media make most often these days. However the narrative has changed a few times. A few months ago the narrative was "nearly all hospitalised people are non vaccinated". Now the narrative is something like  "ok, a lot of vaccinated patients in hospitals, but mostly very old patients", or alternatively (in countries where the vaccination rate is very high): "no wonder most patients in hospital are vaccinated, since most people in the country are".

In the end, what matters is how many people get severely ill in spite of being vaccinated (forget the unvaccinated, let's say they deserve it). But if you get full hospitals in spite of a successful vaccination campaign, that's bad whichever way you interpret the stats.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

He has said that he thinks it is probably of animal origin but that it may have come via a lab leak and he is keeping an open mind on the matter.

What is there to disagree with in that?

The disagreements lie in the broad answer and the question of the funding given to the laboratory built by the French in Wuhan China .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, GroveHillWanderer said:

As I just pointed out (and provided evidence for) Fauci has clearly stated that the US provided funding to the Wuhan lab.

Yes, but what was the funding involved with ?

Fauci denies any research to do with covid . 

Many say something different .

Close to two years has passed and no real conclusion on the start of this virus . 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Stunning you are so open to allowing more to die.  But make sense based on your posts over the past year or so.  A covid denier for sure.

Apologies, I thought it was me you were replying too, so edited reply.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The origin of covid is unknown.  But to bash Fauci for any other reason is BS. We're learning more and more about this virus every day. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/06/16/heres-what-dr-fauci-has-said-about-covids-origins-and-the-lab-leak-theory/?sh=3915bd8fa853

Fauci tells CNN he still believes “the most likely origin is from an animal species to a human but I keep an absolutely open mind that there may be other origins,” adding, “It could have been a lab leak.”

I believe Fauci has lost a lot of credibility of late with the NIH confirming that grants were given for Game of Function research whereas Fauci said he didn't provide funds for Game of Function, not to mention what transpired in 2017 after Obama put a stop on it in 2014, don't need to explain myself on that I believe ?

https://news.yahoo.com/nih-admits-funding-gain-function-125103852.html

https://www.nih.gov/about-nih/who-we-are/nih-director/statements/nih-lifts-funding-pause-gain-function-research

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1