Will this pandemic ever end as the infections in the UK surge again.

4MyEgo

16 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Ive done all im willing to do. Ive played by the rules, Ive been vaccinated, and I ensure my own safety and the safety of my family. 

I dont have a responsibility to you or anyone else outside of that, and any problems you face moving forward are all on you. Nobody else. 

Very sad statement. Shows what's wrong with some people. Selfish..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Very sad statement. Shows what's wrong with some people. Selfish..

Yes, many problems from what you mention .

Selfish to even travel out of the country of your abode for the time being . 

Business and travelling back to loved ones in my view can be accepted . Tourism should  not be acceptable until the covid 19 situation is under control . 

5 hours ago, sucit said:

Your opinions are what you want to have a direct impact on lives of those around you. People who don’t want to vax want everyone to do exactly as they please. You have it backwards.

The moment you truly make an effort to understand this distinction, is the moment you realize you’re wrong.

It's almost like a religion for anti vaxers. This is an utterly nonsensical statement.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does not matter whatever you think . Fact is : covid will never go away . It is here to stay , and at 1 point all is going to be infected , and that is even multiple times. 2nd fact : non vaccinated have much more chance of being severely sick or dying from it then non-vaccinated . That doesn't mean a vaccinated person cannot die from covid or get severy sick, only chances are a lot smaller . 3th fact : children are less likely to get sick , and they aren't vaccinated ... true . Childrens immune system is very strong , unless you are a child , this does not work for you . 4th fact : as long as the hospitals are under pressure , extra rules will be implied in 1 way or another. Since you seen previous facts , only way out is vaccination . 5th fact : extra rules will going to get harder and harder on non-vaccinated , since they are most likely to end up in hospital .

Since billions of vaccines are given , what is stopping you to do the same ? Even if you believe it doesn't work , although the facts are against you . And then i hear it coming , but many beds now in hospital are from vaccinated people . True , but if you are talking about a country with 70-80-90% vaccinated theres a lot more people of them around then of the non vaccinated . So thinking , 50% of the people in hospital are vaccinated , actually means it works very good , lots more are probably infected .Take 1 mill people 75% vaccinated , thats 750k vaccinated vs 250k not vaccinated -> 1000 cases in hospital , 50-50 vacc vs non vacc . means out of the group of 750.000 there are 500 people in hospital while in the group of 250.000 there are also 500 people in hospital . If everybody is vaccinated , then all people in hospital will be vaccinated people , it doesn't mean it doesn't work .

1 hour ago, Leveraged said:

Ive done all im willing to do. Ive played by the rules, Ive been vaccinated, and I ensure my own safety and the safety of my family. 

I dont have a responsibility to you or anyone else outside of that, and any problems you face moving forward are all on you. Nobody else. 

Sad that you are missing the point. Or just don't care. Again, one of the reasons we're still in this mess.

But a huge congrats for getting the jab!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irate priest said:

You are in a minority the vast majority want to get on with their lives and are fed up of being told what to do. That is why the UK government have made mask wearing a matter of choice as well as social distancing etc.. You can stay in your house if you don't feel comfortable mixing with unmasked people avoid crowded areas. I 've had my two jabs and am living life as normal going for a pint going for a meal, working without a mask. I think we shouldn't concentrate on new cases maybe post hospitalisations only, as it seems to cause panic amongst the more timid in society.

The UK Government has made some choices.

UK Infections, hospitalizations and deaths are in alignment with the choices made.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Irate priest said:

You are in a minority the vast majority want to get on with their lives and are fed up of being told what to do. That is why the UK government have made mask wearing a matter of choice as well as social distancing etc.. You can stay in your house if you don't feel comfortable mixing with unmasked people avoid crowded areas. I 've had my two jabs and am living life as normal going for a pint going for a meal, working without a mask. I think we shouldn't concentrate on new cases maybe post hospitalisations only, as it seems to cause panic amongst the more timid in society.

So you can speak for the majority can you? So you cant get on with your life while sometimes wearing a mask to protect others more vulnerable than yourself? ...And to reach the point Globally where the virus cannot dominate our lives sooner rather than later? No one has to tell me that is common sense to sometimes wear a mask but you are proving my point that many do. So I can stay in my house can I? Well thanks a f e k k i n lot mate!  "we shouldn't concentrate on new cases maybe post hospitalisations only, as it seems to cause panic amongst the more timid in society." I'm afraid that you've lost me completely there". Ive also had 2 jabs  and just enjoyed a pint and a meal in Thailand wearing a mask around my neck without even noticing it! Well done for ticking all 3 of my boxes for those behaving as if the pandemic is over. Have a great Winter!

As an individual I have chosen, and have been blessed to be able to live quite an unconventional life, but I have come to believe that in life individual freedoms and choice must be balanced against what is best for the Whole; one's society as a whole, and sometimes the World as a whole, Also sometimes, as with this Pandemic and with coping with Climate Change, in times of emergency, individual freedoms must become temporarily subservient to the needs of society as a  whole.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 2

NO - The disease is now a fixture like annual flu

I used to try to be involved with this discussion but I do so no longer.  I have in fact changed my opinion.  To everyone that chooses not to get vaccinated,  good on you.  You have that right (in some places).  What you don't have, is the right to plug up the medical facilities.  You volunteered to get the disease,  live (or die) with your choice.   Do so in the hospital parking lot with a toe tag not the ICU.

Why does no one remember that the largest group of unvaccinated people are kids.  While they seemed to have some partial immunity to the original covid,  That is much less true of the new variants.   The new variants kill kids.  Getting vaccines to their children should be a parents priority world wide.

Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine should be handed out for free from every drug store in the world.  Manufacturers should be making this stuff in Olympic swimming pool sized batches.  Shovel that stuff into your arms boys and girls.  If these drugs turn out to offer less than perfect immunity we should offer free injections of bleach.  And to complete this amazing medical treatment let us bend you over and shove a 200 watt lightbulb up your ass..

I will be happy to personally come over and turn the power on.

::: Treatment approved by the pillow guy.

Rant completed ::: endit

Edited by ourdon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

So you can speak for the majority can you? So you cant get on with your life while sometimes wearing a mask to protect others more vulnerable than yourself? ...And to reach the point Globally where the virus cannot dominate our lives sooner rather than later? No one has to tell me that is common sense to sometimes wear a mask but you are proving my point that many do. So I can stay in my house can I? Well thanks a f e k k i n lot mate!  "we shouldn't concentrate on new cases maybe post hospitalisations only, as it seems to cause panic amongst the more timid in society." I'm afraid that you've lost me completely there". Ive also had 2 jabs  and just enjoyed a pint and a meal in Thailand wearing a mask around my neck without even noticing it! Well done for ticking all 3 of my boxes for those behaving as if the pandemic is over. Have a great Winter!

As an individual I have chosen, and have been blessed to be able to live quite an unconventional life, but I have come to believe that in life individual freedoms and choice must be balanced against what is best for the Whole; one's society as a whole, and sometimes the World as a whole, Also sometimes, as with this Pandemic and with coping with Climate Change, in times of emergency, individual freedoms must become temporarily subservient to the needs of society as a  whole.

The virus doesn't dominate my life I can see it does yours as you've stated. Why are you wearing a mask around your neck whilst eating ?. Individual freedoms have been curtailed for too long too much hysteria as your post reflects. God knows why you've shoehorned climate change into your rant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Irate priest said:

The virus doesn't dominate my life I can see it does yours as you've stated. Why are you wearing a mask around your neck whilst eating ?. 

I'm not an anatomist but I'm going to hazard an inexpert guess that the neck is probably a more convenient location for the mask to be slung around while one is eating  rather than covering the mouth. 

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm not an anatomist but I'm going to hazard an inexpert guess that the neck is probably a more convenient location for the mask to be slung around while one is eating  rather than covering the mouth. 

The virus is breathed in, usually through the nose, so why don't you wear it over your nose while eating?

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And given that the mask will cover your eyes as well, you won't have to look at the food either. Win Win!

Grasping at straws there and making stuff up! Of course it's possible to wear one over the nose and not over the eyes. Anyone that has one available can do so themselves to prove that it's possible.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The virus is breathed in, usually through the nose, so why don't you wear it over your nose while eating?

It would be good if many used them to cover their nose while wearing them when not eating or drinking, some seem to feel they are chin supports for their wobbly adipose tissue under their chins 

I also question how often reusable masks have the filters changed, and are washed, also how often single use masks are continuously reused. 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

Just now, Scott said:

True and another problem is that immunity to the flu is usually residual, meaning if you had it one year, some protection remains into the next year, even if it is a different strain of flu.  That means either you don't get it or you don't get as sick from it.   With the flu largely absent, many people have now lost their immunity to it and unless the vaccine combination targets the right strains, and people get vaccinated, it could be a bad flu year. 

It was noted that people who had an influenza vaccine were less likely to get Covid.  The reasons are unknown, but they speculated that it acted to prime the immune system and helped it work a little quicker.

Let's hope covid vaccinations work in subduing the flu. Tetanus/Diptheria vaccinations were found in a retrospective study also to correlate with reduced severity of covid 19 symptoms.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Salerno said:

I find rational, non-emotive, evidence based posts are more likely to change a persons thoughts than overly emotive and arguable posts - I'm not angry with people who haven't got round to getting vaxxed yet nor do I know anyone that is. I just think those that haven't due to conspiracy theories and BS are dumb as dog faeces and I won't be losing sleep over them if they are unlucky to be counted in the small percentage that die or have long-term complications.

Here's how the anti vaxxers treat those who follow the science.  As you know, there are many, many, many examples like this.  The current one is for anti vax/covid deniers to swarm meetings.  Overwhelm the situation to get their way or disrupt things.  Sick.

Hard to have intelligent and calm discussions with people like this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/25/us/vaccine-fired-church.html

Fired After Endorsing Vaccines, Evangelical Insider Takes a Leadership Role

Daniel Darling was at the center of a media storm over the summer. He hopes to lead a more civil discussion at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Texas.

10 hours ago, Irate priest said:

Why are you wearing a mask around your neck whilst eating ?

As you repeatedly seem to need everything explained:

To show respect for Thai law and have CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS to conveniently wear the mask and  minimise the risk of spreading the more highly contagious Delta virus which I might have or they might have when I leave the restaurant table to move around amongst others in an enclosed restaurant; say to go to the bathroom.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1