Jump to content

Will this pandemic ever end as the infections in the UK surge again.


4MyEgo

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not me, I don't care who is vaccinated and who isn't.

If you're vaccinated, you're safe, no need to worry about what anyone else is doing.

You need to ask yourself why are the vaccinated so concerned about the un-vaxxed.

Maybe google "breakthrough infection".

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I don't need to ask myself anything, had COVID, it didn't harm me.

 

COVID (the disease) is irrelevant to my life.

COVID (the restrictions) is the only thing that affects me.

More misinformation.  You never tested so you have NO idea if you had it or not. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Although I, somewhat,  applaud your "fight" against the BS and misinformation posted I personally think you should dial the rhetoric down a few notches. Posts such as the above contribute to the problem not the solution.

Understood.  But I'm not the only one who feels this way.  They attack us for pushing the vaccine, but they can't take the heat when pressed on this?  Come on....I hear what you are saying, but time to man up and get the jab.  Like most of us have done.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2021 at 1:12 PM, hackjam said:

So 50K in the UK, thats getting worrying. Any indication if its mainly the unvaccinated or schoolkids?

Yes it is...and those of their parents age (kids bringing it home and infecting their parents. Older people are infected at much lower rates now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Come on....I hear what you are saying, but time to man up and get the jab.  Like most of us have done.

I find rational, non-emotive, evidence based posts are more likely to change a persons thoughts than overly emotive and arguable posts - I'm not angry with people who haven't got round to getting vaxxed yet nor do I know anyone that is. I just think those that haven't due to conspiracy theories and BS are dumb as dog faeces and I won't be losing sleep over them if they are unlucky to be counted in the small percentage that die or have long-term complications.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always thought we won't be out of the woods globally until 2024/5, the same time frame IATA had projected last year (when a lot of $$$ is at stake, forecasting really gets better ???? ) - and after that it really will be "just like the flu" - for the vaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

The majority of us who are vaccinated are angry at those who won't...mainly for ridiculous and selfish reasons.  Time to end this foolishness.  Time to get tough with the hold outs.  Their decisions have a direct impact on our lives.  So no, it's not up to them.

 

This is extremism in its purest form. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't need to ask myself anything, had COVID, it didn't harm me.

 

COVID (the disease) is irrelevant to my life.

COVID (the restrictions) is the only thing that affects me.

well thanks a lot for helping me stay safe

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LosLobo said:

You need to ask yourself why are the vaccinated so concerned about the un-vaxxed.

Maybe google "breakthrough infection".

 

So what if theres a breakthrough infection. You catching covid at some point in your existence is a 100% given unless you live in a bubble for the rest of your days. 

 

But you've done all you can do by getting vaccinated and essentially guaranteeing you will get through it without hospitalization or death. 

 

Most of you need to do the following:

 

Stop making your fear of covid everyone else's problem. 


Stop thinking you are going to control covid. 

 

Accept the fact that covid is not going away, you will eventually catch it or be exposed to it. 

 

No amount of throttling the country(s) economics is going to do any long lasting good. 

 

Your responsibility is to protect yourself. Nobody else. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

So what if theres a breakthrough infection. You catching covid at some point in your existence is a 100% given unless you live in a bubble for the rest of your days.

That's not necessarily true. Even if Covid-19 becomes endemic - which admittedly it is looking as if it might, then unless the vaccines completely lose all efficacy (absolutely 100% of it) they will still protect a certain percentage of people. 

 

We don't know what percentage efficacy will remain but even if it's only 20%, then a vaccinated person's chances of catching it would be 80%, not 100% - assuming they were exposed in the first place. And hopefully the efficacy will remain higher than that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's not necessarily true. Even if Covid-19 becomes endemic - which admittedly it is looking as if it might, then unless the vaccines completely lose all efficacy (absolutely 100% of it) they will still protect a certain percentage of people. 

 

We don't know what percentage efficacy will remain but even if it's only 20%, then a vaccinated person's chances of catching it would be 80%, not 100% - assuming they were exposed in the first place. And hopefully the efficacy will remain higher than that.

 

You will 100% catch covid at some point in your life. Youll be exposed. It will enter your body. Vaccinated or not, this is 100% going to happen. Even if everyone is vaccinated, this is 100% going to happen. Vaccination is not going to stop this from happening. 

 

So when people whine and cry and boo hoo and point the finger at people and throw blame, just know its all noise. Use all the masks, hand gel, appeal to emotion, threats, and societal consequences in the world, makes no difference. 

 

At this point its about protecting yourself with vaccinations and moving on with your life and accepting the fact that this isnt going away and its nobody's fault. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Even if everyone is vaccinated, this is 100% going to happen. Vaccination is not going to stop this from happening.

Perhaps not, but the overwhelming research and evidence points to the fact that being vaccinated lessens your chances of a serious illness from it, and also will cut the number of deaths quite markedly. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xylophone said:

Perhaps not, but the overwhelming research and evidence points to the fact that being vaccinated lessens your chances of a serious illness from it, and also will cut the number of deaths quite markedly. 

I have never denied this. Nowhere in any of my posts in this whole thread have I denied this or insinuated otherwise. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though it’s an obvious idea, I see very little discussion on rewarding people who’ve been vaccinated. I’d have thought that 20,000 baht in cash to every Thai citizen who’s been fully vaccinated would dramatically increase the numbers. Surely the government could afford it, they would just have to print a bit of money, lower the value of the baht by a very small amount. Can anyone see any problems with this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

I find rational, non-emotive, evidence based posts are more likely to change a persons thoughts than overly emotive and arguable posts - I'm not angry with people who haven't got round to getting vaxxed yet nor do I know anyone that is. I just think those that haven't due to conspiracy theories and BS are dumb as dog faeces and I won't be losing sleep over them if they are unlucky to be counted in the small percentage that die or have long-term complications.

With respect. It's impossible to change anti vaxxers minds. Watch the interview with Joe Rogan on CNN. It's futile.

 

In the end, they are the impediment to us getting back to normal.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leveraged said:

 

So what if theres a breakthrough infection. You catching covid at some point in your existence is a 100% given unless you live in a bubble for the rest of your days. 

 

But you've done all you can do by getting vaccinated and essentially guaranteeing you will get through it without hospitalization or death. 

 

Most of you need to do the following:

 

Stop making your fear of covid everyone else's problem. 


Stop thinking you are going to control covid. 

 

Accept the fact that covid is not going away, you will eventually catch it or be exposed to it. 

 

No amount of throttling the country(s) economics is going to do any long lasting good. 

 

Your responsibility is to protect yourself. Nobody else. 

You live in a global society. You have a responsibility to the rest of us. Otherwise, go hide under your bed.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.







×
×
  • Create New...