International airlines return 80% of their airport slots in Thailand for the next five months

webfact

2 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

And still end up with two weeks quarantine if tested positive.

Show me country where they not put you in quarantine if you tested covid positive!? 

Sadly that is the risk what every traveller have to take now days if travel!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, 10baht said:

No it is not, you do not need to covid test done with in 72 hours of each other. Just get a less expensive fast test on day 3 or 4 after arrival. Remember, every one is vaccinated. Unlike 70+% of Thailand

25 minutes ago, 10baht said:

No it is not, you do not need to covid test done with in 72 hours of each other. Just get a less expensive fast test on day 3 or 4 after arrival. Remember, every one is vaccinated. Unlike 70+% of Thailand

I agree, you don't need another rt-pcr after getting one 72 hours, b4 take off, but someone is going to make money out of these tests, the taxi to the hotel and the hotel will probably have above normal rates, when you leave the hotel they give you a portable test kit as well included in the package, which seems like a well planned money grabbing exercise.

My friend paid 12000 Bhat for a taxi(provided by the hotel) from BK MIQ hotel to Sakhon Nakhon, where he lives, he was lucky to get back and never flinched he was just happy to get home

• Like 2

Il y a 8 heures, Enzian a dit :

S'ils voulaient revenir à l'époque féodale d'autrefois, comme semblent le souhaiter ceux qui montent au sommet de la pyramide, ils n'auraient pas pu mieux commencer.

T????he feudal period, there are always at least one foot and four toes ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

You don’t have to be an alcoholic to enjoy a drink.

I like an occasional beer and drink wine with dinner.

However I wouldn’t visit a country where that is barred and fortunately where that is the case, I wouldn’t want to visit anyway.

or a country where kissing public is frowned upon

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HOAX said:

What Thailand really needs is to stop thinking it's a privilege for tourists to come to Thailand and instead be more humble and welcoming, especially when you rely on tourism and foreign investment. What's the point with these extensions every 90 days? Why punish all foreigners just because of a very few bad apples when it's so blatantly obvious it's nothing compared to the actual big issues Thailand has with its own people and doesn't care to do anything about, like road fatalities, murders and corruption, just to mention a fraction of the number of issues Thailand has. Foreigner's bad doings falls far down on the list of concerns Thailand should have, unless racism is high, just saying.

It's nothing out of the ordinary with Thailand and most certainly nothing hi-so or opportunistic, so forget about all the nonsense lately with aiming for rich tourists and wealthy investors when you got nothing to offer them. It's as if I invited rich people home to me and offered them a glass of milk. Locals won't benefit from the rich anyway. Appreciate the ones you get before you lose them all and got nothing.

They are going to issue free sacks to cover the sewer grates outside the new condos that these millionaires will be buying up.

26 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm assuming you mean 2021 - if they only get 100k in 2022 it will be a unmitigated disaster and less than , 2020, 2021 and moving backwards

projected for end of this year 90k/month.

It's generous to give 100k per month the next year.

I don't know what figures for the last 10 months were - maybe around 1k per day (30k per month)

Edited by internationalism

1 minute ago, kiwikeith said:

They are going to issue free sacks to cover the sewer grates outside the new condos that these millionaires will be buying up.

No need to as they will remain empty after the Chinese have bought them.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Why does it make sense to treat tourists who have been vaccined and tested COVID free before a flight filled with persons of similar credentials, as being more of a danger than the general Thai population?

If Thailand was COVID free it might make sense, but at this point in time a Thai is far more likely to catch COVID from another Thai than from a vaccined and tested tourist.

Stop needlessly decimating the tourist industry. 

I agree that most tourists have more to fear from Thais , as far as covid is concerned , than the other way around. 

But... There is always a But,  LOL

But, I have read of at least three countries where clinics are under investigation for issuing fake vaccination certificates to people who did not want to be vaccinated. 

How much will you bet that there are many more that have not been discovered yet? 

And even if that was not the case, even though you might have a lot of covid in your country, you want to control the covid that comes in from other countries to limit the influx of other more dangerous variants.    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tim207 said:

Can you elaborate on this? i have not heard anything about it.

No he can't, because it's not true. When people are denied entry it's for very clear reasons. The only problem is travelers not having done their homework and not having everything in order. And if they don't understand what happened then they assign random blame on immigration. The airport has dozens of supplemental employees meeting arrivals and going over their documents before you enter the immigration queue, and are helping rather than hindering entry. No one has any motive or reason to "make up" reasons to deny entry. I've made the trip 3 times since covid. How many times do you think he has? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Who would care, if you've had yours, you're safe right?

Even those of us that are vaccinated  should care , because we want this thing to resolve and be done with, and we don't want mutations that might reduce our vaccines affectedness, or even make it ineffective. 

• Like 1

"The puritan Prayuth and his merry bunch of CCSA tea sippers are demolishing what is left of the Thai tourist industry brick by brick - why can they not see it"

It could be because thy have never had to earn their salary by normal means. ( Doing an honest day's work and knowing what they are doing) and never had to suffer the consequences of being wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poskat said:

TAT is being shown that reality is a harsh mistress

Quite odd actually that the TAT is coming up with such ridiculous numbers and then Thailand imposing such ridiculous restrictions as to make the TAT predictions so ridiculously impossible !

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

They're being richly rewarded for their policy decisions.

Airlines were already having issues with people being randomly denied entry in Thailand for weird made up reasons.

Excuse me … Those random made up reasons keep all those hard working policy makers in funds and beer “;0)

• Haha 2