International airlines return 80% of their airport slots in Thailand for the next five months

webfact

12 hours ago, Shuya said:

With the current 'no-quaratine' rules no wonder only a few peoole will come

People have to quarantine when they back get also in certain countries.

1 day in quarantine beginning November first is nothing.

The bigger reason is Thailand is having a terrible controlling the pandemic and there vaccination rates are horrible.

You might be able to fly here but if another wave comes, and it will, getting back home is another matter.

Edited by MrJ2U

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The Thailand big-wigs have been predicting 100,000+ this year after 1st November and then 14,000,000 tourists next year.

Now my question is if (yes if) 100,000 come at the end of this year, ignoring the airline issues, at what point is Thailand going to completely abandon its entry requirements to make the tourists come and the airlines start arriving as before.

Way I see it is that to hit 14 million they are going to have to have all the airlines flying into Thailand by end of March and entry requirements nearly all gone. As getting near 14,000,000 if only 100,000-200,000 come in the first Q next year, is not possible. Carrying on with the entry requirements next year will lead to less than 500,000 - and Thailand cannot afford that in 2022.

Drop the daft entry requirements and the airlines will start coming - airlines it appears have more grip on reality than the TAT.

Really Mr Coleman - fancy using "reality" and "TAT" in the same sentence ???? 

29 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

People have to quarantine when they back get also in certain countries.

1 day in quarantine beginning November first is nothing.

The bigger reason is Thailand is having a terrible controlling the pandemic and there vaccination rates are horrible.

You might be able to fly here but if another wave comes, and it will, getting back home is another matter.

That's one thing I am afraid of also. Now that we can come back without any real quarantine, we want to do some traveling, But what if thing deteriorate here in Thailand and they close up again while we are abroad? 

13 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Wait a minute…

If they do this, then who will transport the million wealthy foreigners Thailand is expecting any day now? ????

Those would have to own their own private jets of course  by  Thai Gov. 's dream preference of tourists....:biggrin:

30 minutes ago, sirineou said:

That's one thing I am afraid of also. Now that we can come back without any real quarantine, we want to do some traveling, But what if thing deteriorate here in Thailand and they close up again while we are abroad? 

You will probably enjoy a long holiday where ever you are - not unlike all the Aussies who got stuck and some still stuck O/S at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Ty Hareways said:

'Very reliable' is not fully reliable though.

Could you imagine a family of four taking the risk of all being banged up for 14 days for their yearly holiday.

My 4 pals and i have all cancelled our Christmas holidays due to the test on arrival, we will try again for March, if there is still the test on arrival requirement then we will cancel again.

QUOTE:  

"... 'Very reliable' is not fully reliable though.

Could you imagine a family of four taking the risk of all being banged up for 14 days for their yearly holiday...."

The swab test is also not 100% accurate/foolproof.

Right now there's a nasty, dangerous, very fast spreading global epidemic. If any country finds locals or travelers who are positive they will react; isolate, hospital, treat etc., can't expect anything else. 

If anybody decides to travel there's risk and cost. Up 2 U.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Upload the results to the MorChana App as instructed (they obviously didn't think it through fully as supposed to show the results to "staff at the hotel or accommodation" as well ... guessing they forgot people will be off and running after the first negative!)

I saw the new icon added to the app today as well.

37 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Have you had any problems with it? Seen numerous reports saying it keeps crashing on launch for some people.

No issues, but now when I checked it the only thing available is a QR scanner to scan a QR code.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Having lived in the greater Pattaya area for 10 years & was visiting the same areas for at least 6 years prior to retiring here, I have seen and done every tourist attraction, temple and the whole of the country your statement holds no water, how many times do I have to go to Nong Nooch gardens, Sanctuary of Truth, Mini Siam, et al ??

I have had friends visit us, family visit us, they all demand a guided tour and taxi driver, I am sick to death of people like yourself who blindly state their are plenty of attractions to visit, I've been there, done it & got the T shirt more than once.

I've been in and out of Thailand 30 years and never been to those places. I even lived in Pattaya for five years. Those are pretty low brow activities. Why not try some nature and national parks?? Tons of better stuff to do than that nonsense.

• Haha 1