Camping anyone?

jvs

Soon the cold season will be here again,ideal time to go camping.

I like to go camping taking my small motorbike and heading out for a few days.

We just returned from a trip south and it was really nice.

The problem is the guys i went with are all living far away and it is not easy to organize

a trip that way.

I am looking for local people to start a group here to go out on shorter or longer trips.

All you need is a bike(anything will do) and basic camping equipment,tent,sleeping bag and a few other things.

Anyone interested?

• 2 months later...

I lost all interest in camping when my wife told me there was a snake in the driveway. I looked out the window and sure enough, black, about 3 meters long and quite thick. Sleeping in a tent, on the ground, not happening. Hope you enjoy your trip though.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 12:32 PM, jvs said:

basic camping equipment,tent,sleeping bag and a few other things.

Depending on where you're going and what you're doing you probably need a little bit more than that lol. Until you actually go then you'll never know what gear makes the experience a bit better.

National parks have canteens and toilets.

5 minutes ago, TheScience said:

Depending on where you're going and what you're doing you probably need a little bit more than that lol. Until you actually go then you'll never know what gear makes the experience a bit better.

National parks have canteens and toilets.

Not my first time out,did a few longer and a few short trips.I did a few changes to the motorbike

to be able to hold more stuff but you really do not need that much.This week will need to bring

the sleeping bag for sure but rain gear can stay home.

Later this month a nearly week long trip past Kanchanaburi to Pilok and area.

Should be a nice trip.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jvs said:

Not my first time out,did a few longer and a few short trips.I did a few changes to the motorbike

to be able to hold more stuff but you really do not need that much.This week will need to bring

the sleeping bag for sure but rain gear can stay home.

Later this month a nearly week long trip past Kanchanaburi to Pilok and area.

Should be a nice trip.

I prefer longer trips. 711 60kms away.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TheScience said:

Wife recently showed me two campsites that opened up in prachuap. Both were coastal and they looked worth camping and the beaches look decent for the mainland. Might be of interest since it was posted in this subform.

I have camped in that area a few times already,i really like camping on the beach.

You basically can pitch your tent any where you like in Thailand,nobody seems to care.

We usually camp near a place where they sell food and drink and if we eat and drink there they let us use the facilities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheScience said:

22 minutes ago, TheScience said:

Wife recently showed me two campsites that opened up in prachuap. Both were coastal and they looked worth camping and the beaches look decent for the mainland. Might be of interest since it was posted in this subform.

I have camped in that area a few times already,i really like camping on the beach.

You basically can pitch your tent any where you like in Thailand,nobody seems to care.

We usually camp near a place where they sell food and drink and if we eat and drink there they let us use the facilities.

3 minutes ago, TheScience said:

Longer trip scheduled in April,3 weeks Cambodia jungle trip.I am not going on that one,takes too long

but anything up to a week i can go.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Longer trip scheduled in April,3 weeks Cambodia jungle trip.I am not going on that one,takes too long

but anything up to a week i can go.

I spent three weeks in Moldonikiri and Rattanakiri provinces each in 1995. That was pretty much camping then lol

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 7:33 PM, TheScience said:

Could you please send the location of the campsites . TIA

Back from the trip already a few days,camped close to Hua-hin.

Was very nice and quiet over there but i guess the same would go for every where at the moment.

End of the month a week long trip,looking forward to that one.

IMG_20220106_154446 (2).jpg

IMG_20220107_061750.jpg

While searching for something to do, an outing, came across this place.  May interest.  Can use theirs, or bring your own, I think, If not, just pitch down a ways, but food in the area.

http://tiny.cc/3genuz

Also closer to HH, SRY, and small park area surfside we went to.  Let me in for the Thai price, using Pink Thai ID / yellow book.  Small restaurant there, beach is not really swimmable, or wasn't when we were there.

http://tiny.cc/jgenuz

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Where are you located?  I will go with you if we can meet up.  Up until Covid hit I did a 2 month surf camping trip in remote areas of Malaysian East coast every year.  Great spots down there and so much nicer and cheaper than thailand.

I am located near Cha-am and you?

28 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Get in while you can.  I have been camping here for more than 15 years.  My favourite two spots (beachside west coast) are now barricaded off and pay for entry.  Nothing is free in Thailand.

Not my experience at all,lots of places where you can camp on the beach or any where else for free.

No one bothers you and lots of people like to talk and find out where you are from and where you

are going.

What are your favorite two spots?

IMG_20211018_164708 (1).jpg

IMG_20211019_060950.jpg

2 hours ago, jvs said:

I am located near Cha-am and you?

I am on the West coast between Khao Lak and Phuket.  I live in a small mostly muslim fishing village.

Pre Covid I did regular trips over to Khanom and SiChon and camped there.  There are a couple of borderline surfable waves there from December to May (when it is flat over here).  It is getting built out at a pace there now....

My favourite spot is top secret.  It is a one day hike into the mountains.  A massive three pool waterfall.  It is quite dangerous getting up there, a number of log crossing etc.  Stunning, no one ever goes there and no litter....leaches the size of cucumbers...wild pineapple plants...and loads of butterflys.

I also know some great spots accessible only by boat...both beach camps and island camps.  Both in Ao Phang Nga and on West coast.  If you are genuinely interested I have some fisherman friend in Lam Suk and we could charter their boat and I can take you out to some uninhabited islands in Phang Nga bay.  Takes a good deal of organising though.  I also know a number of secret island spots on West Coast.  I have a tumor in my left foot at the moment so hiking any distance is not really an option.

As soon as the land borders are properly open between Thailand and Malaysia, I will be heading down for extended camping trip to West coast Malaysia.  I know some stella jungle free camping spots there.  You are welcome to come but note carefully that Khota Baru and Nusa Terrenganu provinces both have Sharia Law.  No booze or bars.  

• Like 2