Bangkok Bank Problem need advice

Like the guy said " Relax "  the money isn't yours what is there to prove to your work!  They put it in by mistake they take it out you knew exactly why but your complaint is they have no right to touch your account true in a sense but it was a mistake. For the record they do this in the West too! 

My mother past away in March of this year April Social Security hadn't gotten the notification so they placed into her account the money I noticed it did I go and spend it NO, I waited knowing sooner or later they will reverse the action surely two day later it was gone!  They didn't need my permission nor was I going to get upset over it!  Move on with your upset.

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Do you think they should have taken you our for a meal and begged for permission to return the money to its rightful owner ?

The guy is right, whilst you are just a troll.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, problemfarang said:

I think everyone should understand that im not complaining or doing drama about the bank took the money back or else. I have no problem with this. Its as expected.

My point is the way they did it. I dont understand why people can feel its ok about this. 

You are absolutely correct in your reaction to what happened. Just ignore the trolls on here. They are just winding you up. Don't even respond to them - only to those who are genuinely trying to advise you .

I have heard of a similar case to yours but many years ago. I guess you have to accept it. Just keep all records in case there is a dispute down the line, which I doubt will happen.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Typically anybody that has deposit rights to your account also has withdrawal rights to anything they deposited. That's why I move those deposits to another account ASAP. The bank probably didn't notify you of the deposit either, they are simply acting on a banking order you authorized.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Sure i did.

Its normal they asked for that but the bank didnt notify me or call me or else plus at my mobile app i see they wrote purchased goods. So.. what did i purchased? Where when what? If my employer says tomorrow guys we need an evidence that you dont have that money anymore, should i show the transection saying purchased goods? Really? Is this the best bangkok bank can do?

If you're really worried that your employer will think you spent the money, just take a screen shot of your account showing both transactions.  This "purchase of goods" statement may be the bank's way of reversing the transaction.  I've never seen that in my account in all my years with BKK Bank.  It wouldn't say that even if you actually "purchased goods."  It would give the name of the vendor.  So the only explanation is that they reverse the charges. 

• Like 1

Some years ago, I had money paid into my account with SCB, by mistake.

Immediately, the same money was withdrawn.

Think it was all in code, but pretty sure it did not say 'purchasing goods,' as I am sure I would have remembered that.

They should have given you a more professional response to this correction to your account.

Edited by kidneyw
  • Like 2

Within seconds I get a SMS from my bank if there is any withdrawal in my account. Asking me if the amount being withdrawn is authorised by me? If it is not authorised by me, there is a telephone number to ring and the withdrawal would not go ahead.

In your situation I would have rang the number given in my notification SMS, and the withdrawal would not have happened without my consent. 

I totally agree with you, the account holder must be notified to be able to know when or before money is being taken out of his account, the amount and to whom it is intended to be paid. So if there is an unauthorised amount of money being withdrawn, the account holder and the bank can prevent / stop the payment.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Well basically no proper reply to my main question and just trolling or playing around..

At this point ì dont feel safe with bangkok bank because they can play with my account as they wish.

Even my employer requested retransfer the transaction reason they put is nonsense i dont understand why people cant see it. Why they dont say re-transaction.. or something better than purchase goods??!! If you guys feel ok or feel its good time to joke.. then sorry for you guys.

Also correct me if im wrong but bank law says they can freeze my account only with police order OR do a transaction like this without my acknowledge. 

Im not going to make this a big issue or like that, but my point is the way they did this was really not ok and i think not legal.

As i said we all know somehow they will ask this money back.. but not like this. 

Im moving to kasikorn. Its a great bank

This is a common action by banks in USA when a mistaken transaction has occurred. The OP will find that any bank will do the same so good luck changing banks. 

• Like 2

This has got to be the most stupid ridiculous post I have ever read. What a selfish fool , of course the bank can mess around with your account . The banks automated payment schedule made an error and the bank corrected the issue, what is your problem ?.

It seems to me your are just sore that you didn't get to keep the money which actually quite rightly belongs to the bank not you.

Edited by Brick Top
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, ozfarang said:

many people with serious money in Thailand, (Thai hi-o's) have overseas accounts, why would that be?

Ma any rich people in many countries have bank accounts out of their countries. Usually it's done to evade local taxes and/ or to diversify risks

8 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Suggest you check with the others who told you they were also paid twice.  Ask if the deposit was reversed and what the reason was that is shown on their account.  

you should notify your employer of the situation and include all of the facts.  Put it in writing to the employer.  Create a paper trail and then….relax!

yes, all other even thai's got double payment. the problem was our account department ordered the payment 2 times. And when we started to call them they realized and informed the bank about the bank. thanks

7 hours ago, HampiK said:

As in Thailand you can't move your salary bank account. As this is set by your company.
The only thing you can do is moving your salary to your K-Bank account when it arrives. But I never saw, that a Thai company will transfer your salary to another account than their house-bank!

About your problem in general... I think you are right about the should use a different wording.

But that they took their money back without informing you I think is in their right

you are right. Thats a funny fact and i dont understand this either.

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

They reversed a transaction that was clearly in error. I'm pretty sure that, if you dig deep enough,  you'll find a clause in their terms that allows them to do this.

right, im also sure they have something for these kind of situations. but one of the law students (doing his master) told me that again international bank law says they had to notify me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Im moving to kasikorn. Its a great bank

They paid you to write this correct?

When I think of all the bank's at the bottom of my list. Then... I look at the bottom. There sits K bank.

In the six months I'd had an account there I don't think I ever had a pleasant experience. The teller wait times were ridiculous. It always struck me as the bank that would take the tellers right out of school. These noobs knew nothing and I'm sure we're paid accordingly.

Edited by Chad3000

UPDATE:

Bangkok Bank called every 900 employee and apologies big time. They said they should write a better transaction reason than purchasing goods. Also they mentioned that they have the right to do a transfer if the transferer make a legal request with the proof. They also apologies about not sending any sms or likewise before or after transaction. The reason why they couldnt do that was because it was not easy to reach 900 people at that time and they had to act fast (stupid reason in my opinion), but now because they got complain about this around 850 they decided that they will write an official letter to every 900 people saying and explaining the mistake. They totally accepted that it was their bad and mistake that they didnt notify people before and after.

So, basically they have the right to play with the bank account BUT they had to notify people which they didnt. Now they have to do more things just because of some lazy supervisor. I really think Bangkok Bank is one of the worst banks in thailand. I know many people dont agree but in 16 years i never had this much problems with other banks than i had with bangkok bank. 

Anyway not a big thing.. at least they know how to accept their mistake.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 12:35 PM, problemfarang said:

So i was wondering if they can do that ror not?

You don't mention a specific account, but for a basic savings account yes they can do it as it's what was signed up to.  This is the specific bit in their provisions:

image.png.21300847a1cf609c90c7d9174ba18733.png

And the full text can be found here:

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Save-And-Invest/Save/-/media/a56fdf080891431fa576b96d4d16d081.ashx

• Like 2

20 hours ago, problemfarang said:
On 10/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, Upnotover said:

Did you immediately call them to complain when they double paid you?

I did call my work if it will make you feel better to know

So what's your issue?   A payment was erroneously credited to your account twice and the bank recalled one of them, of course the bank can do that.   What were you going to do if the bank had not reversed the wrong credit that was not your money?

Also correct me if im wrong but bank law says they can freeze my account only with police order OR do a transaction like this without my acknowledge. 

Im not going to make this a big issue or like that, but my point is the way they did this was really not ok and i think not legal

The bank did not freeze your account, at least you didn't say that they did in your OP.  The banks do not need a "police order" [sic] to reverse an incorrect double credit to your account that was never your money, neither do they have have your authority to do so.

You are making a big issue out of this perfectly legal transaction.  Kasikorn would do exactly the same.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, LarrySR said:

You need to send this bank a firm message and teach them a lesson about the consequences of poor customer service. 
Get in your car, put on the seatbelt, roll up the windows and drive thru the banks front window at high speed. 

Better still, disable the airbags and don't wear a seatbelt!

13 hours ago, tonray said:

Well then report to the bank that someone has been putting money into your account every month without your approval and you want it to stop immediately !

You seem to be suggesting that to deposit funds in a third party's Bangkok Bank account an authority is required, that is not he case.

12 hours ago, Card said:

I think everyone should understand that im not complaining or doing drama about the bank took the money back or else. I have no problem with this. Its as expected.

My point is the way they did it. I dont understand why people can feel its ok about this. 

You are absolutely correct in your reaction to what happened.

No, he's absolutely wrong, it wasn't his money; the bank took it back as it is entitled to do, he is not out of pocket and his employer knows what happened.    The bank's description of the recall transaction on his statement is insignificant.  

• Sad 1