60 day tourist visa for Belgian citizen - what a horror!

12 minutes ago, SmokeandIce said:

Salerna...all your advice is good and sound; however, your quote of a $10 to $15 ticket to Singapore or anywhere outside Thailand is impossible.  The cost is between $60 and $100

If you read back I said "Easier just getting a throwaway flight from one of the numerous sites out there..."  Those numerous sites include for example https://bestonwardticket.com/https://onward.flights/ etc.

These give you a "real" flight that can be verified by check-in staff but you obviously can't actually fly.

Edited by Salerno

Also a Belgian citizen here, i got my 90 day O visa half September, From start to finish it took me 2-3 weeks for a departure on the 3rd of November.

When i booked my appointment i had a similar issue, called them in the afternoon, and they fixed the issue in 5 minutes

• Like 1

Why not just buy a flex ticket normal leaving and return date (30 days) and when arrived in Thailand change return date with airline to the extra month /days obtained by immigration  .....

Or am i thinking too simple way  ...? ????

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Or am i thinking to simple way  ...? ????

Nope, nothing wrong in your thinking. But it doesn't cover all situations (although much better nowadays with Covid forcing airlines to offer "free" changes, still could cost more than a $10-15 throwaway.)

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

That will mean the poster having to amend his flight now to be within the 30 days and then having to amend it again on arrival to fly in march - airline I would imagine would not agree to amending it twice

What about if you intended to leave via the border and not fly on ? Are you now banned from crossing a border to another country ? What happens if you are travelling by land say from Cambodia, how can you get a health pass by land if you need supply air tickets ? I cannot see Thailand imposing a border ban on all air travellers - but what do i know. 

Due to the obligation of presenting your passport in Paris for the visa stamp, I have , in the last few years ,traveled to BKK visa exempt and  a return ticket of around 3 and a half months with Emirates. Emirates always ask, so I present them a ticket to Yangon ( before the present uprising of course) or Cambodia , Singapore etc. I normally do use these tickets and have a holiday away from Thailand. Which means I don’t have to change my Emirates ticket dates.  For immigration, I extend before the 30 days is up, get another 30 days, then do my holiday trip , come back visa exempt. I’ve never had a problem. Now, with Covid restrictions, it may not be possible, but I’m thinking by January things might be better, and easier to move around .which is when I shall come back to Thailand. 

26 minutes ago, geisha said:

Now, with Covid restrictions, it may not be possible, but I’m thinking by January things might be better, and easier to move around .which is when I shall come back to Thailand. 

You've also got the eVisa option now don't you? So your initial reason for the way you work things is now alleviated.

• Thanks 1

OZ457, OP, I’m having a similar issue here in Berlin. I’m trying to get a visa for a trip beginning early February. The embassy website first said appointments were required 6 to 8 weeks in advance. So I emailed for an appointment in December and got an auto-reply “All booked out in December.” So I emailed again for a date in January and this time got a reply “Appointments all booked out,” period.

But meanwhile, the embassy has posted that it would launch a new online e-visa process on November 22nd which would not require in-person attendance. They posted a link to the manual for this new process and it looks fairly straightforward. So I’m going to wait until mid-December so supposedly the kinks are ironed out, and try that. Still lots of time until my flight.

And that’s what you should do too. Your fallback is still entering visa-exempt for 30-day with a throwaway flight out of the country as others have advised, and getting an extension at Immigration while in Thailand.

14 hours ago, geisha said:

Due to the obligation of presenting your passport in Paris for the visa stamp, I have , in the last few years ,traveled to BKK visa exempt

The embassy in France is using the e visa system and they now issue stickerless visas that you get email. No need for a trip to the embassy. See: https://thaievisa.go.th/

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Omg it is so difficult to travel now due this crazy pandemic! There are too many rules! Good luck I live in Thailand and I didn't go back to my country before

Its not that it is so difficult to travel if the Ministries resposible clearly lay out all of the scenarios and the necessary documentation, but sadly Thailand is not known for it's forward planning.  Hopefully they will eventually catch-up, or ask your Embassy to take the case up with the Thai Government.

I want to keep you all informed that I got a message from the Embassy they will allow Belgian citizens to apply for a tourist visa through the e-visa website beginning of December. 

This will solve my issue. But I know this is freaking out many people!