Hacked off with cashless payment.

KarenBravo

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who doesn't?  Tops do, 7-11s do.

if you paid contactless no satang, but in Big C Extra Pattaya one fugly just decides to keep the satang, usually i put it straight in the charity box as it's a nuisance, but the fugly decides to just keep it

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

No, never use a credit card in Thailand after someone in the shop took down the number and sold it. They spent £10,000. Got it back as I could prove I was in a different country at the time. No, I never buy anything online. 

Same here. Never use credit cards, have never bought anything online in my life, and don't own a smartphone...never felt the need to and have never regretted it. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Same here. Never use credit cards, have never bought anything online in my life, and don't own a smartphone...never felt the need to and have never regretted it. 

I never use CC / DC in person here (TH), and rarely online.  Do most of my non-essential shopping online, as simply cheaper, but 99% COD.  Have a smartphone for camera & GPS / Gmap (out & abouts), and rarely use as a phone.  Most use in store, to find wife ????  Use only the bare necessity of apps, and usually for my toys (drones now), and for BMS in e-scooter & solar when available.

Never used phone at pay point, and don't plan to, as too much hassle for me.  Cash check out is easy, and it's all (check out), time wise, is on the customer.  Yea, open your wallet / purse / phone, and actually be ready to pay, whether cash or alternate means.  It can take less than 1 minute, or 3 depending how inconsiderate you are to the people waiting behind you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So are phones.

But at least they're (hopefully) mostly your germs on your phone :whistling:

They will be only if you can be sure that you never pick up other people's germs from everything else that you touch and that you inhale, and then spit out onto your phone!

carry only the cash you need for the day. someone mugs you. just hand it over. if you have NO cash the robber will likely become angry enough to beat you ! my pet hate is at the cinema or coffee shop when people take forever to pay 240 baht or 45 baht electronically. I just drop my basket and walk out of grocery stores after loudly requesting more cashiers if stupid delays inc. unprepared dithering shoppers.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

In the Netherlands, you can not use this anymore, the largest banknote worth 100 euro is accept.

Still valid but not printed new anymore by National banks 

anymore..! ...still legal tender but of course shops can refuse ...understandable difficult to give change ????

Rabo bank ATM on Schiphol give 100 € bills ..  and 200€ ( yellow ones also still valid as recent renuwed version, all bills starting 50 - 100 up to 200 € have now same height , lenght a bit different still , done to ease for counting machines 

Check your bank voor correcting your info ...but of course frequent bills are 5  10 20 50 euros as common used and accepted

What is annoying at cash paying: they handing out the printed receipt together with the returning banknotes and coins, all in one hand. These are things I need to keep at 3 separate places, with my 2 hands sometimes not so easy.

All the same everywhere without exception.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Cashless is the best, especially in Thailand where you have to worry about getting the correct change back when paying with big bills in tourist cities. I just hold my debit card over the reader, the cashier doesn't need to touch or see my card, get my receipt and much quicker than cash in my experience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

In the Netherlands, you can not use this anymore, the largest banknote worth 100 euro is accept.

Still valid ,only not printed anymore.

And of course shops reluctant to accept as to high to give change.

Even 200 € still new version printed recently  with same size height as 50 & 100  200 € only difference in lenght for them 3

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Big Brother is lovin it. Don't even have to make people check in every day, as they willingly pay for devices that will track them 24/7 and tell advertisers everything about their life.

You have a point there, but then you cannot use a smartphone as well or a credit card. You can disable the GPS or diable the internetconnection and only use the watch to pay if that is your concern.

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Did i mentioned a THAI bank specific ?  Generalized quote from me ..

I know it was generalisation, a typical, unwarranted, Thai-bashing, false generalisation.  That was my point and that's why I asked you to be specific.

Unless you can be specific, why would you make such a false assertion?   

I'm ready to eat humble pie if I'm wrong.

47 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

carry only the cash you need for the day. someone mugs you. just hand it over. if you have NO cash the robber will likely become angry enough to beat you ! my pet hate is at the cinema or coffee shop when people take forever to pay 240 baht or 45 baht electronically. I just drop my basket and walk out of grocery stores after loudly requesting more cashiers if stupid delays inc. unprepared dithering shoppers.

Curmudgeon ????

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which Thai banks have been hacked?

Better question would be, which haven't had an unauthorized transaction, Thai or other, and would not be surprised if the answer was ... none.

40 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

OK, specify which comment of mine is the one that you're referring to that you claim is nonsense.

the one u said nonsense to my nonsense, thought that was  obvious

Didn't think you'd be able to back it up!

Edited by Liverpool Lou