Hacked off with cashless payment.

KarenBravo

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How long until someone pick-pockets your wallet ?...  mugs you ?

Each medium has its advantages and disadvantages but you have conveniently glossed over the disadvantages of carrying cash.

Same for you they can mugg you to to get your pin code or ccard ...or loose a finger or few with a garden cutter ...????

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You need to learn to move with the times, money is dirty and carries germs.

But I still love it  ????,  the only disadvantage is when I take a wad of 50 quid's

to currency exchange , and they reject the ones with writing or the slightest

mark on them, I quip I wish I had a truck load of them...

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

But I still love it  ????,  the only disadvantage is when I take a wad of 50 quid's

to currency exchange , and they reject the ones with writing or the slightest

mark on them, I quip I wish I had a truck load of them...

regards Worgeordie

Oh Such a nice color and only 0.013 mm thin and worth 1 = 500 € ????

e2db2ba1-e6f5-4c7b-b84b-9c08645243df.jpg

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

4,000 baht....

Oops;  You are correct the UK limit is £100 which is just over 4,000Baht per transaction with a total limit of £300 before a PIN is required . 

I'll blame the keyboard!  ????

Edited by fangless
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

For a good understanding ...i have nothing against the possibility's to use all that , but as long it can be of free choice and not forced .

And keep the cash options existing as it is .

I use digital ways also but limited at MY  choise .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Before you " point your phone"...What do you do? Open an app presumably. Which app? If so you must log on to the internet first..using the7/11 wifi or your own data? If WiFi who supplies the wifi connection and how long does it take to get and write in the password?

I have an AIS yearly SIM, all the data I can use for 1,500bht/year.

Bangkok Bank app has a QR code reader built in, just choose "payment" and "scan" option.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, david555 said:
8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Each medium has its advantages and disadvantages but you have conveniently glossed over the disadvantages of carrying cash.

Expand  

Same for you they can mugg you to to get your pin code or ccard ...or loose a finger or few with a garden cutter ...????

You can illuminate all risk by never leaving the house...  

Of course then you’d have to pay cash to the delivery folk... or would also be worried about them mugging you ?.... ????

Some people just like to erect their own barriers to avoid convince.....  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can illuminate all risk by never leaving the house...  

Of course then you’d have to pay cash to the delivery folk... or would also be worried about them mugging you ?.... ????

Some people just like to erect their own barriers to avoid convince.....  

Dont divert it so....i just refered about YOU refering  to be mugged ! .....

that risk is for all of us  around .....example you could also get robbed for your digital cards and forced to deliver pin under severe treaths to be harmed ????

I think that the whole cashless payment notion is still largely in its infancy stage .. as such, the uptake is going to take some time as the consumer will have to get used to it, merchants will have to adapt their in real cashiering process and infrastructure as well.

There are cost savings.. many banks charge merchants a fee to accept cash deposits.. for example, i know that smaller business accounts at BBL pay around 1 - 1.5% for the deposit of unprocessed (ie loose) coins and i believe there is also a currency handling fee for larger deposits as well.

Security side there’s the oblivious reduction of theft/loss of paper currency/coins, but to be fair, cashless system introduce essentially new risks as well. 

Operationally, I’d bet there’s a savings too.. by going cashless you now essentially don’t need a back office cashier to count the incoming and outgoing cash.

Lastly, I think there is or will be a speed benefit too.. in that i recall some platforms make funds from any cashless sale available to the merchant in near real-time so the merchant can then turn right around and make purchases/payment without the requisite day or two to allow for the physical deposit and account crediting.

I agree that in some cases cashless is slower than cash.. but i myself don’t see the trend reversing, and think as more people experience it, get accustomed to it and the whole architecture around its use and acceptance improves- speed will improve.

I witnessed a European man show his annoyance when he could not use the barcode system for paying his bill . The business owner insisted on cash.

I think barcode payments are ok but the payment is registered and then the receiver should enter the payment in there tax returns . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JackGats said:

I wanted to install Samsung Pay on my snartphone to go cashless in Thailand. Guess what, my Galaxy 10+ is not supported by Samsung for Samsung pay!

I wanted to set up Rabbit Line with my Bangkok Bank debit card but it said something like "not available in your case".

Lol probably not available to  westerners  here 

16 hours ago, Saanim said:

Not to speak about the guard at the exit - just another 5 m - who will recheck the receipt whether it complies with the goods in the cart.

despite  you  being the only  person at the checkout and him standing talking with the checkout  girl.................going thru the motions

17 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

I have never, ever seen an electronic payment that was faster than cash.

Your post raises an interesting point. Maybe it's the retailers that want you to pay by that method and pressure you to do so.

I think that really depends on the situation.

If you got an idiot with cash who needs to count and collect vs a regular user of electronic payment. Electronic payment wins. 

I prefer electronic payment as many often don't have change for 1000 bills. I think its just a preference and will become more of the norm. 

For friends it works great eating together one pays the bill, later the 15 people (couples ect) get a QR code from the person who paid on their line app and pay the other friend with their mobile banking app. Done in seconds.

Now if you had to do that with cash... ???? (nobody will have the right amount ect

So it really depends on the situation and the skill of the user. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How do you  prove to the bank your  cards were stolen, I mean money  in your  pocket is lost and  gone fair  enough, especially  Thai banks where its always  your  fault

• Like 1