Thailand Bottom of World Pension Table

Ned Ludd

12 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Let me add from personal experience, our housekeeper requested this. We pay B900 between us to the Thai SSO each month via a bank transfer from the business A/C. Not sure of the full details as it is not me personally paying this.

Quick maths suggests employer & employee contributions for a salary of 9,000 baht. Contributions are capped at 750 baht for salaries at 15,000 baht. 

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

So you sent her to a private hospital and they knew a falang was going to pay.

I wasn't involved.  Partner's Thai family made all the decisions and paid all the bills.  The bills were high because of an operation she had and the care she needed--such as being in ICU for many days--which was all booked at the public hospitals.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, newnative said:

I wasn't involved.  Partner's Thai family made all the decisions and paid all the bills.  The bills were high because of an operation she had and the care she needed--such as being in ICU for many days--which was all booked at the public hospitals.  

Don't believe you.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't believe you.

I don't care if you believe me.  I didn't go into details--and I don't know all the details specifically as the 5 Thai siblings made all the decisions--but it was a lot of different things, not just the operation and many days in ICU.  I do know there was also kidney dialysis, chemo, ambulance charges, doctor and nurse charges and more.  It all added up--which I think it can with complicated cases and multiple health issues being attended to.  

52 minutes ago, newnative said:

I don't care if you believe me.  I didn't go into details--and I don't know all the details specifically as the 5 Thai siblings made all the decisions--but it was a lot of different things, not just the operation and many days in ICU.  I do know there was also kidney dialysis, chemo, ambulance charges, doctor and nurse charges and more.  It all added up--which I think it can with complicated cases and multiple health issues being attended to.  

Apologies for my blunt comment it was because we have a great govt hospital and I have not experienced that kind of cost involving a Thai person in our area.

I'll have to ask the Mrs about extra costs that may apply they did charge me when I was admitted 2 times. ????

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Apologies for my blunt comment it was because we have a great govt hospital and I have not experienced that kind of cost involving a Thai person in our area.

I'll have to ask the Mrs about extra costs that may apply they did charge me when I was admitted 2 times. ????

I think it might also depend on where you are.  She was in Bangkok.  Perhaps sometimes better outcomes in smaller localities.  

• Like 1