Help ! Womens Clothes Sizes

BIG SPUDS

I am taking some clothes to thailand for my GF. She says she is a 25 for a skirt.

I take this is inches. Does anyone know what size this is in the UK for womens clothes. Is it an 8 or 10 ?????

I'd love to help you but I stopped wearing women clothes for quite some time.

Maybe you should post in "Farang Girls",... :o

What a shame blue, I'm sure you would look lovely in a twinset & pearls :D

BigSpuds, Have any of your female relatives got a catalogue? If yes, look in the measuring section thats usually at the start of the womens clothes section or else, as they others said, go to topshop/hennes etc & ask the staff, thats their job to know these things. :D I don't know the sizes in inches though, just size 8, 10 etc. Think abt how tall she is as well, as you might need the petite section of the shops, to get the right length for trousers, skirts, sleeve length etc. Be brave & good luck :o

Buy the clothes here in Thailand where she can get a proper fit and the cost will also be much more reasonable.

Lopburi,

He wants a gift for her.

A gift from UK.

I guess the cost is not the main concern.

But you're right, maybe another gift would be more appropriate.

Please help, what is a nice gift from UK? :o:D

Maybe buy some tartan then whilst in UK (quick internet search in your area will tell you where to buy or else that scottish shop just before picadilly circus, name anyone???) take it back to LOS & have it made to measure at the tailors. A thoughtful idea & an original skirt, viola, you are the perfect boyfriend :o

She wants me to get her a little kilt.
I'm sorry for my very little knowledge of the anglo saxon traditions but aren't kilts for men?

That was going to be my question. Am not sure this is going to help her visa application if that's what you dress her in. :o

Ignore them spuds, girls know that fashion transcends gender, look at beckham & his sarong & poshs knickers, or maybe not. :o

Get the tarten & get it made up for her in LOS, cheaper, more original & she can have any style she wants then & no fear you get the wrong size.

BIG .Forget the kilt,buy a bagpipe ( no problem with the size )

Ya gotta blow bagpipes don't ya?

And while we are on the subject,,it has been kicked around in the USA since I was a kid

What does a scotsman wear under his kilt?

And while we are on the subject,,it has been kicked around in the USA since I was a kid

What does a scotsman wear under his kilt?

Well known.

By everybody.

Especially Big Spuds, I have to say.

They wear,...

NOTHING

Now I understand why he wants to buy her a kilt,...:o

She wants me to get her a little kilt.
I'm sorry for my very little knowledge of the anglo saxon traditions but aren't kilts for men?
That was going to be my question. Am not sure this is going to help her visa application if that's what you dress her in. :o

It might help if the interviewer at the British Embassy hails from Glasgow. Just teach her to play Scotland the Brave on the pipes.

She just wants a kilt for the pattern and style.

It really is that simple!!!!

Pattern and style?

Starting a new fashion trend.

Very soon, we'll see Thai girls wearing kilts.

She's on something, I guess,... :o:D

It is always good to be a trendsetter Blue.

Assuming that the 25 is in inches, and is a waist measurement, you need a US size 4, UK size 6. This implies a hip measurement of 35, however, which is likely to be too large for the slender hips common on Thai young ladies.

I recently had the job of measuring a dozen 12 and 13 year old girls for cheerleading uniforms. The most common hip measurement for a 25 inch waist in that group (who are just as slim as Thai young ladies) was about 32 or 33 inches.

Still, in a kilt it shouldn't matter that much.

Maybe your GF is on to the ever-so-common fetish US men have for the plaid pleated skirts of Catholic schoolgirl uniforms. Why they find them irresistably sexy I don't know, but they do. Go figure.