Thailand reports 8,859 new COVID-19 cases 8,253 recoveries and 47 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

40 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

It's getting better in some areas but Chiang Mai up to Burma it's very bad. Many people infected. Right now they are giving free Pfizer vaccines to students only at a public hospital. Forget old people first.

An article in the BP quotes the health minister claiming 700,000 more doses will arrive during November and they will have 100% coverage and a model for other provinces. 

He also claimed that the number of new cases was likely to decline from

next week. 

So looks like some good news on the horizon shortly.  

Edited by Kadilo

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Doesn't include the 3rd dose - 38,746

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Oct. 31, 2021) About 46.44% of the population is fully vaccinated. 42,247,135 (+322,311) people have received the first dose, while 30,743,399 (+334,070) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1454705400347971592

Great news. 

That's a 4.2% rise in the number of fully vaccinated in a day, and that result arrived over a weekend. 

At that continued  rate they could meet the 70% target by year end well ahead of schedule. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Great news. 

That's a 4.2% rise in the number of fully vaccinated in a day, and that result arrived over a weekend. 

At that continued  rate they could meet the 70% target by year end well ahead of schedule. 

30% more jabbed for 2nd jab in 2 months. Again this number doesn't take into account those jabbed with the Chinese vaccine who need another jab. For me I had 2 AZ 12 wks apart 2nd one recently (not the 3 wks to bolster the figures), so I should be good for another 6 months.

32 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I don't understand your post. Will Thailand in your opinion be fully jabbed (including those that need booters because they had 2 shots of Sinovac) by the end of the year? Just asking a question. What do you think? Personally I don't think so. Maybe the tourist spots but Thailand is not just the tourist spots. It's a country.

The post is self explanatory. 

Well you say booter and I say booster but at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter what either of us think as we are not going to agree, and the only opinion that matters has made the correct decision Imo.  

Lets see what happens after this weekend.  Talked with a friend who just went to BKK on Friday.  He said it was just as busy as Prior to Covid with all of the malls packed, traffic was horrible around the downtown area, and it took him 45 minutes from where he stayed on Silom Road to get to Siam Paragon by car.  He indicated that today he thought going out to Siam Paragon would be better but the mall was packed there as well.

One of the big things he said he noticed were people bunched up in groups of 5 or more sharing the same drink at Starbucks, and then while in Siam Paragon he noticed only about half wearing the masks the correct way.

He had Covid back in May of this year where he lives in the north, and blames himself for going out around Songkran with the family to a funeral and a lack of social distancing.  He will get his first jab tomorrow, but his wife got hers today out at Asiatique.  He obtained his booking through the ExpatVac website, and even though he has had covid is being required to get vaccinated by the Government through the provincial medical director.

He indicated that at Asiatique there was a long que but it was coordinated well, and it was just for Thai's.  His wife received a SinoPharm jab.

With the push on for vaccinations I hope they can make their goal by the end of the year, but that would mean averaging 500k a day, possible yes, but then lets see what happens as they are now vaccinating Children.  I don't remember the children being part of the 70% projection by the end of the year.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The post is self explanatory. 

Well you say booter and I say booster but at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter what either of us think as we are not going to agree, and the only opinion that matters has made the correct decision Imo.  

Ok. Thanks. Thailand will be 70% double jabbed or triple jabbed for those who had Sinovac by years end. By, the way what or who is "the only opinion that matters has made the correct decision" in your opinion? Fair question. Can you elucidate?

Edited by dinsdale

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lets see what happens after this weekend.  Talked with a friend who just went to BKK on Friday.  He said it was just as busy as Prior to Covid with all of the malls packed, traffic was horrible around the downtown area, and it took him 45 minutes from where he stayed on Silom Road to get to Siam Paragon by car.  He indicated that today he thought going out to Siam Paragon would be better but the mall was packed there as well.

One of the big things he said he noticed were people bunched up in groups of 5 or more sharing the same drink at Starbucks, and then while in Siam Paragon he noticed only about half wearing the masks the correct way.

He had Covid back in May of this year where he lives in the north, and blames himself for going out around Songkran with the family to a funeral and a lack of social distancing.  He will get his first jab tomorrow, but his wife got hers today out at Asiatique.  He obtained his booking through the ExpatVac website, and even though he has had covid is being required to get vaccinated by the Government through the provincial medical director.

He indicated that at Asiatique there was a long que but it was coordinated well, and it was just for Thai's.  His wife received a SinoPharm jab.

With the push on for vaccinations I hope they can make their goal by the end of the year, but that would mean averaging 500k a day, possible yes, but then lets see what happens as they are now vaccinating Children.  I don't remember the children being part of the 70% projection by the end of the year.

Doesn’t appear to be the most sensible decision for your friend, who is still unvaccinated and has already had Covid to then frequent packed shopping malls and observe others not following the correct protocols and controls. 

56 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Steady on, we'd all like to see rises of 4.2% everyday but each tracker is different, if your making calculations on daily rises then you need to do so using the same tracker. 

Yesterday it claimed 45.94%

Today it claimed 46.44%

Thats a 0.5% increase not 4.2%

Fair point, I was quoting from the posters two links he posted from yesterday and today. Even at 0.5% it will still meet the target earlier than scheduled. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Doesn’t appear to be the most sensible decision for your friend, who is still unvaccinated and has already had Covid to then frequent packed shopping malls and observe others not following the correct protocols and controls. 

Explain why not. He has the antibodies from having covid just like someone vaccinated. Tell me conjecture please.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Explain why not. He has the antibodies from having covid just like someone vaccinated. Tell me conjecture please.

Because after 5 months according to studies they may have waned,  he could still get it again and makes no sense to go somewhere where you observe other people not following the protocols and controls requested to prevent the infection spreading, many of who may not yet be fully vaccinated. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52446965

Particularly in light of the fact he blamed himself for getting it before by going somewhere previously not following basic covid controls. 

Would think anyone who has had it before would be more cautious not to make the same mistake again. 

Edited by Kadilo

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yes crazy eh

With over 70% double jabbed and such a minimal number of new infections and deaths, there is no justification for continuing the restrictions and not allowing them to re open. 

In Chonburi Province, the 5 deaths recorded were :

“As for the five new deaths yesterday, four of them were elders with an average age of 76 years old. They were close contacts from previously confirmed cases in their family according to the Chonburi Department of Public Health. They all had chronic health problems. None of them were vaccinated.”

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/31/chonburi-announces-344-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-5-new-deaths/

Time to let people get on with their lives and learn to live with it. 

With over 70 % double jabbed, did I miss something ?

8 hours ago, vandeventer said:

It's getting better in some areas but Chiang Mai up to Burma it's very bad. Many people infected. Right now they are giving free Pfizer vaccines to students only at a public hospital. Forget old people first.

Was my question to hard for you to answer ?

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Was my question to hard for you to answer ?

It is a hard question, as they say they do the testing but do they? Many people in my area are Hill tribe people that don't know what to do if the get the virus. They go to the hospital and they say go to anther hospital we are full so they go home and pass it on to their family. It looks like this virus is going nowhere fast.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly we know from recent studies in Israel that natural immunity induced from infection can be as strong or stronger than 2 doses of Pfizer and latest studies suggest could last for years

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Fair point, I was quoting from the posters two links he posted from yesterday and today. Even at 0.5% it will still meet the target earlier than scheduled. 

Yes thats why I mentioned, the 4.5% rise in one day should have been a very big hint with the amount of doses needed to achieve that.

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Because after 5 months according to studies they may have waned,  he could still get it again and makes no sense to go somewhere where you observe other people not following the protocols and controls requested to prevent the infection spreading, many of who may not yet be fully vaccinated. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52446965

Particularly in light of the fact he blamed himself for getting it before by going somewhere previously not following basic covid controls. 

Would think anyone who has had it before would be more cautious not to make the same mistake again. 

May have waned? Really that's all you've got? You need to think outside of the box and remember natural immunities are better than a vaccination. Had he been vaccinated 5 months ago he wouldn't even be needing a booster as of yet, and with proper precautions taken it seems he was not acting foolish, or acting as he had before while living in his village and attending a funeral without wearing a mask.  Different set of circumstances completely.  Next

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Exactly we know from recent studies in Israel that natural immunity induced from infection can be as strong or stronger than 2 doses of Pfizer and latest studies suggest could last for years

And from that same link above it:

For those who recover from COVID-19, immunity to the virus can last about 3 months to 5 years, research shows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

And from that same link above it:

For those who recover from COVID-19, immunity to the virus can last about 3 months to 5 years, research shows.

Yes thats why I said it could last for years. Other studies say minimum of 5 months plenty out there Jerry.

Public Health England (PHE) shows most people who have had the virus are protected from catching it again for at least five months (the duration of the analysis so far). https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52446965

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

Per your link it could also last for 3 months and then no immunity.

Public Health England (PHE) shows most people who have had the virus are protected from catching it again for at least five months (the duration of the analysis so far). https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52446965

There are dozens of studies on this already showing lasting immunity with T and B cells, not going to seek them out for you as my response was to someone else not you, so please carry on with your trolling

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There are dozens of studies on this already showing lasting immunity with T and B cells, not going to seek them out for you as my response was to someone else not you, so please carry on with your trolling

I was only commenting on your chosen link.

• Thanks 1