Thailand eases more COVID-19 curbs, ready to welcome back tourists from 1 November 2021

webfact

Another half an hour....before the world changes...Get the kettle on.....yellow label at the eady..????."Thailand Pass will open for registration for electronic entry certification (Thailand Pass QR code) on November 1, 2021 from 09.00 hrs."

26 minutes ago, bberg said:

I am going on the 3rd November and the difficulties I have had obtaining certification has been something I wont allow myself into twice. I hope the Thailand pass regime will provide easier procedure for those who seek travel to Thailand. 

People should also be aware its not quarantine free but minimum 1 day at selected hotels which include transport to a hospital for COVID19 test and locked up to wait for the result before people can be "free".

The cost related to COVID19 tests are horrendous, I just paid another 100USD for the pri. 72h flight test, I expect on a return leg to do 4-5 PCR tests these days so allow 4-500USD pre person in COVID19 PCR budget. The traveling, out of work hours etc to do and pick up documents are none budget items but also a cost for many. 

Although I am looking forward to the trip after 22months stuck I cannot see the main stream tourist returning in numbers, its too uncertain, to costly and to bureaucratic. I believe we will see an immediate rush and a quick fallback when tourists see the cost of COVID19 PCR test and the share time it takes overall to get the required pass. 

I try to remain positive and hope we all can return to somewhat normality but I don't see it just arriving yet, but a step in the right way at least.   

Thai Pass..... Just had a look at it ...seems straight forward BUT.... still has questions needing clarification.....also cut me off rather quickly...so...FIO.....  https://tp.consular.go.th/en/policy

• Thanks 1