Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

11 minutes ago, Smash said:

I still havent. I finally got it submitted 1400 UK time on  1 Nov. So i am about to hit 48 hours. Travelling Friday 5th. ????

Also applied on the 1st around same time. Received QR code in the evening on the same day for myself, but my wife’s application is now pending since 48 hrs as well. It seems totally random….

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Smash said:

I still havent. I finally got it submitted 1400 UK time on  1 Nov. So i am about to hit 48 hours. Travelling Friday 5th. ????

let us know how u get on - where u doing your pre boarding PCR ? and are you flying from Heathrow ?

Just now, nickyr10 said:

let us know how u get on - where u doing your pre boarding PCR ? and are you flying from Heathrow ?

Yep LHR. Was going to do my preboarding PCR tonight. I found this place which is guaranteed next day delivery with certificate for £75. I havent paid for it yet as was hoping to know if I would actually need it by now. 

https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/products/outbound-pcr

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stephanhassel said:

Also applied on the 1st around same time. Received QR code in the evening on the same day for myself, but my wife’s application is now pending since 48 hrs as well. It seems totally random….

It kind of feels like if you don't get it that day it doesn't come. Everyone I have seen on here seems to have got it somewhere between instantly and 8 hours later or not at all. 

I applied for me and my mum but still not a sausage. 

53 minutes ago, Smash said:
58 minutes ago, nickyr10 said:

Yep LHR. Was going to do my preboarding PCR tonight. I found this place which is guaranteed next day delivery with certificate for £75. I havent paid for it yet as was hoping to know if I would actually need it by now. 

https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/products/outbound-pcr

Randox Heath also do PCR tests and has a number of options which range from:

£35 - Collect - homeswab - drop off at collection point. To...

£90 - 1-3 hrs result at Heathrow (and other locations). 

https://covid.randox.com/pre-departure/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smash said:

Hmm. Am now contemplating this but feels incredibly high risk. Presumably you need to show it to board the plane? 

im not saying this is an option to be clear however the only thing they were concerned about on check in was passport and pcr test.... nothing more

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

For those who received a confirmation email on November 1, when did you receive your QR code? 

Please don't answer if you made a duplicate application on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, I am wondering if applications in processing on the 1st are in limbo. 

I registered right after the system went live and got approved last night (November 3rd 4:00 UTC+1). I made a single registration and got a confirmation mail.

12 minutes ago, nikita22 said:

i feel for you, thats close!!!!! whats the plan if it does not arrive???

I booked fully flexible so i can move back but if I push to say Tuesday I think I am in the same boat as still have to wait, book a new SHA+ hotel etc. Not even sure I can change the hotel date. Would be tomorrow beofre I coudl conform and then same waiting game. Manically checking email.  

1 hour ago, Stephanhassel said:

There were some 22,000 apps uploaded on the 1st, with 4,000 approved. 

I am worried that the 18,000 still to be processed are in limbo. 

2 minutes ago, SpecialSalami said:

I registered right after the system went live and got approved last night (November 3rd 4:00 UTC+1). I made a single registration and got a confirmation mail.

I did that afternoon and am still waiting.  Did you copy your COVID Test appointment for Thailand into your Registration application?

6 hours ago, gearbox said:

Submitted this in received the Thailand Pass QR code in 30 sec!

Sounds like they are sorting applications based on submission datetime descending (i.e. latest pops to top of queue - would seem lucky if someone is assigned that moment), this wouldn't be surprising of this Thai/German IT partnership given they are handling their own outgoing transactional mail and running against known limits of hotmail/live/outlook for a non-reputable IP instead of using something sane like sendgrid (why many of you are having problems with certain emails).

What a mess.

Edited by asiam110

10 hours ago, Witte said:

I get everything after 1 minute of registration ????

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 05-31-31 Inbox (1 675) - wittejurgen gmail com - Gmail_LI.jpg

What day and at what local thai time was this done?  This is incredible, it's like winning the lottery!

• Like 1

IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE. My boyfriend and I applied November 1 and yesterday, we received the confirmation mail but not the TP QR.  Today we re-registered and received the TP QR instantly. I think that today they are doing it automatically to correct the problems of the first days.  

Edited by WonderLau
  • Thanks 1

Traveling is already stressful, Thailand asks for us to jump hoops, we jump the hoops only to be met by a lackluster system of approval.  Sorry if this is nothing more than a rant but I have to get it off my chest.  They should have agents ready to help tourist to do the paperwork, they should have streamlined the system and allowed us to review our application once it is sent.  I had to change a flight, now I have to redo the whole application again, maybe it will take weeks before they iron out the system and we all have to make reservation BEFORE getting approved.  I kinda foresaw it so I booked only on the 15 of November to be on the safe side and I am still stressed about it... I cannot imagine if your flight is supposed to be in 2 days... Meds, house closing, baggage, PCR test, airport transportation... all of those are still things people have to do after getting approved....  What a bad system Thailand put forward here...

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, WonderLau said:

IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE. My boyfriend and I applied November 1 and yesterday, we received the confirmation mail but not the TP QR.  Today we re-registered and received the TP QR instantly. I think that today they are doing it automatically to correct the problems of the first days.  

I sent it again today and I have not be approved instantly, just wanna pitch in here... (had to change flight)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WonderLau said:

Its not automatic. I had to submit 3rd one today to correct the vaccine name. I got the confirmation email instantly but no QR code so far. My first and second submissions went out on 1st of November in the evening, got a confirmation email 10+ hours later. So there is an improvement but its not instant for everyone.

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

mate this is a given for Thailand, it's how they do, so what's the point in constantly banging on about their shortcomings? if it's too hard, stay at home or go somewhere else.

mate, I done everything they ask for, is it too much to ask they get better at this?  I am a 40 years old with lots of travel experience, pretty tech savy and I find it difficult to navigate their system.  I could just shut up and eat it but I feel many people are in the same boat here. 

You can be defeatist and say "oh well it is Thailand" but it is like the factory worker seeing a problem on the line and saying nothing, they need to Kaizen that <deleted>, not just accept to be mediocre.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grin said:

I suspect that people that got immediate approval had vaccine certs with QR codes. Did anyone without QR codes get immediate approval? How about with the CDC cards from the US?

I have QR codes on my vaccine certs but no immediate approval of the TP yesterday. Still waiting...

Edited by nash151