Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

17 minutes ago, Gustomucho said:

I sent it again today and I have not be approved instantly, just wanna pitch in here... (had to change flight)

In this last register we have put a new gmail and we have added the same QR of the European green card in the 2 doses (previously we had only uploaded it in the second). Passport number without blank. I don't know if this info could help you ...

Edited by WonderLau
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gustomucho said:

mate, I done everything they ask for, is it too much to ask they get better at this?  I am a 40 years old with lots of travel experience, pretty tech savy and I find it difficult to navigate their system.  I could just shut up and eat it but I feel many people are in the same boat here. 

You can be defeatist and say "oh well it is Thailand" but it is like the factory worker seeing a problem on the line and saying nothing, they need to Kaizen that <deleted>, not just accept to be mediocre.

yes it is too much to ask. it's not defeatism, it's reality and no amount of ranting and raving is going to change it, might as well bang your head up against a brick wall. I tried the ranting and raving for a while myself but nothing came of it, just ulcers LOL

I'm moving to Thailand next month after an extended absence. last visit was 2014. part of my preparation for the big retirement move is actively trying not to get worked up by all these little irritations. 

let's face it, if Thailand got their Kaizen on then most of us wouldn't be able to afford to live there. be careful what you wish for ????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WonderLau said:

IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE. My boyfriend and I applied November 1 and yesterday, we received the confirmation mail but not the TP QR.  Today we re-registered and received the TP QR instantly. I think that today they are doing it automatically to correct the problems of the first days.  

OMG!!!  Thank you so much!!!  It worked!  I got it the confirmation then QR code within the same minute.  However, my Arrival Date on the QR code shows today November 3rd. Does yours have the incorrect arrival date as well?  Hopefully that won't be an issue.  

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, WonderLau said:

IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE. My boyfriend and I applied November 1 and yesterday, we received the confirmation mail but not the TP QR.  Today we re-registered and received the TP QR instantly. I think that today they are doing it automatically to correct the problems of the first days.  

I am worried that many applications from November remain unprocessed. 

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Thailand Pass could be with us for a while until Thailand permits Unvaccinated entry without Quarantine, which I can’t see happening for some time. 

I agree, but I'm really not sure why it needs to be. Many countries have similar requirements for entry, but don't make travelers get pre-approval before traveling.

Hong Kong for example requires vaccination with approved vaccine, 14/21 day quarantine hotel booking, test on arrival etc., but there is no registration required. They rely on the airlines to confirm everything at check-in and wont check you in if you don't have the required documents/bookings. I'm not sure what value the Thailand Pass provides, aside from perhaps easing the burden on the airlines.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thai Tom said:

I felt like i just won the lottery!  I just submitted one again a few minutes ago and got the QR code.  This is with the rather rudimentary  hand written USA CDC Vaccination card without QR code nor passport number.  I would just give it go now.  However my QR code has listed the arrival date of November 3rd.  Maybe this will be fixed tomorrow as they are still ironing out the bugs.

Good to know. I still have some time so I will wait until someone who submitted CDC cards reports immediate approval with the correct arrival date.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF it wasn’t so utterly depressing given the utter fubar this system has so far proven it would be hilarious.

That said - travellers up until the 7th can use their CoE. 

--------

As we are travelling on the 8th we were rejected for the CoE and told to apply for the Thai Pass.

Wish we were travelling on the 7th now as the CoE process was trouble free !

Submitted Thai Pass on 1st Nov (Myself and Wife - hotmail) - eventually received onscreen ‘success’ no e-mail. 

Submitted Thai Pass on 2nd Nov (Myself and Wife - Gmail/yahoomail) received onscreen ‘success’ and conformation mail.

Wife then received e-mail of rejection because of the re-attempt (second registration attempt) so Wife applied again (yesterday morning UK time) and received onscreen ‘success’ and conformation mail.

We’ve heard nothing - its not a comfortable wait.... travelling in 5 days.

If it makes you feel better, I'm traveling on the 7th and was also rejected for a COE two weeks ago and told I need to apply for a Thai Pass on Nov 1.

I suspect the applications are being processed locally (i.e. embassy) depending on your country of departure. In the case of my local Embassy (European country), they confirmed that they are processing in order of departure date, so hopefully we'll be okay.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I managed to register on Nov 1st for my husband and I using the passport space trick, using gmail. I still have not received a reply and we fly out on the 11th. My hotel sent me a SHABA certificate which I uploaded on the Thai pass site in the accommodations page. However my hotel doesn't do on site PCR testing so I have to do it at the airport. Should I reregister by paying for my airport PCR on PSAS and submit the PSAS payment confirmation as well along with my Shaba certificate?  

5 minutes ago, bobstl said:

If it makes you feel better, I'm traveling on the 7th and was also rejected for a COE two weeks ago and told I need to apply for a Thai Pass on Nov 1.

I suspect the applications are being processed locally (i.e. embassy) depending on your country of departure. In the case of my local Embassy (European country), they confirmed that they are processing in order of departure date, so hopefully we'll be okay.

I'm not sure about that, in my case that would mean they worked on my registration between 2am and 4am. I have doubts embassy or consulate staff are working at this time ????

Edited by SpecialSalami
typo

I already booked my airline ticket and purchased the required insurance. However, I'm tired of waiting for a reply from the quarantine hotels (contacted through the ASQ web site). Should I keep waiting or just book a quarantine package on Agoda? Will an Agoda receipt be accepted by Thailand Pass?

JGA

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thai Tom said:

OMG!!!  Thank you so much!!!  It worked!  I got it the confirmation then QR code within the same minute.  However, my Arrival Date on the QR code shows today November 3rd. Does yours have the incorrect arrival date as well?  Hopefully that won't be an issue.  

I'm really glad it worked for you!  My arrival date is correct November 11. It’s possible that you have put it wrong when filling the form?

3 minutes ago, jepone said:

If I scan the QR, is my result:

Certificate Status INVALID

Is that OK?

Doesn't look OK I guess if it's INVALID... mine says "VALID". But yeah not sure what you can do in that case ????

When did you get your QR code and was it one of the instant approvals?

Edited by SpecialSalami

1 minute ago, tl002ns said:

I registered on the first day and got 7 x thailand passes on the second day. Today I got the 8th ????

My girlfriend got none. Flight is going on Nov 6th. ????

This is madness ????

FYI - Just tried reapplying, unfortunately no instant approval....Oh well!

Edited by nash151

Agreed with salami,

I registered right after the system went live and got approved last night (November 3rd 5:00 UTC+1). I made a single registration and got a confirmation mail.
When I was scanning the QR, it showed "VALID" on certificate status (green color)

PS: Date of arrival is correct also (30 Nov)
  • Like 1

I have already filled out an app on November 1 and received a confirmation email, but no QR code.

So, today, I filled out another app, using a different email, and putting two spaces after my passport number. Surprisingly, even though I was using Safari on an IPad, the app went through with no glitches.

After stupidly looking for the confirmation email for this second app using my other email address, I looked at my alternate email and there is a confirmation email.

so, now I am waiting for a QR code.

25 minutes ago, JGA said:

I already booked my airline ticket and purchased the required insurance. However, I'm tired of waiting for a reply from the quarantine hotels (contacted through the ASQ web site). Should I keep waiting or just book a quarantine package on Agoda? Will an Agoda receipt be accepted by Thailand Pass?

JGA

I booked my Bangkok Test and Go hotel directly as I wasn't about to set up a Line account just for this booking.  After getting a confirmation from them I sent the required documents. Then they sent me the so-called Test and Go certificate marked paid in red at the top.

Edited by grin
grammar

1 minute ago, JGA said:

JGA

Getting these hotels to reply hasn't been easy.  I just went direct with the hotel and bypassed the ASQ site as they are being slammed by too many booking request. Booking procedures require a guest to fill out forms and upload documents. So now the process of booking a room takes more time with limited hotel reservations personnel.   The fastest response came from the Westin.  You can contact Pui here.  She was around to help after hours.  Although this might be too late now.  [email protected]    I also had good luck at the Sukhothai at their main reservations email.   I'm not sure if Agoda can kick out a proper booking number.  I've had really bad experiences with 2 instances of purchasing through 3rd parties so now i only work direct with hotels.  g'luck!

Just got my Thailand Pass. British and vaccinated by the Americans in Germany and had my CDC card info transferred to an EU cert by a German pharmacy. Wrote UK passport number on CDC card and uploaded that as 1st and 2nd certificate. Used the 2 QR codes from my EU certs as per TP requirements. 

Received approval email instantly. 

No issues whatsoever. Just need to have all your docs in order as far as I can see. ????