Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

On 11/5/2021 at 12:57 AM, Salerno said:

Good to hear.

Yeah, for some reason they've gone with graphics only. Probably easiest for you would be to convert online, plenty of sites such as https://www.ilovepdf.com/pdf_to_jpg (it will convert every page into a separate jpg then download them in a zip file).

You'll also probably hit the problem of only allowing one file upload per topic, if so, combine them online for example here https://products.aspose.app/pdf/merger/jpg-to-jpg.

If you end up with files too big to upload (shouldn't but just in case) compress them online for example here https://compressjpeg.com/.

I have no doubt you'll breeze through (once they iron the bugs out). Good luck ????

I have a Canon printer, I contacted the my by phone, the operator remotely took over my laptop, told me to place the document of the glass top then proceeded to convert it to JPG. I asked could not scan the document myself from the laptop desk top, he said it is not possible. The resultant scan was  very poor quality. I will try the things you have sent, thank you. Hope it is a breeze ???? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tomx2 said:

Hi.

reading and communicating with other posters now, the paper certificate should be acceptable provided you have written your passport number.

That's my expectation, but my hope was that the second application might get processed more quickly (or go into a different queue) by including a QR code.

I expect to get approved. The question is will it be in time for my flight. Right now I'm halfway resigned to having to rebook everything.

21 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

That's my expectation, but my hope was that the second application might get processed more quickly (or go into a different queue) by including a QR code.

I expect to get approved. The question is will it be in time for my flight. Right now I'm halfway resigned to having to rebook everything.

Look up Richard Barrow on Twitter, he just posted some useful info and some people to contact for these kinds of emergency cases. If you're flying like in a day or something they can push it for you maybe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keefryan said:

Hi.    Perhaps some could confirm for me.    I booked my Sha+ asq for 1 night via agoda ,  I recieved a booking confirmation from agoda and a receipt.  However it says at the bottom of the page that I have to wait for an email from the hotel to also provide  documents, ?  Does this mean they will then send me a confirmation to make the Thailand pass application ?    Has any applied with just the agoda confirmation ?     Many Thanks.   Kr. 

We succeeded with just the Agoda booking. We did change the documents a bit, because some things were in Dutch and we changed the names to feature both full names (same as in Passport). See for example a couple of pages back on this post. The hotel also contacted us after the booking to have a copy of passport, and they want to make a document for us to use within the Thailand Pass application (but we don't need it anymore, since we already have our approved passes).

57 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

You can apply using the Alternative Quarantine method.

07399592-F0FB-4D1B-998C-E2E97B6C2DEB.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gustomucho said:

I will also do my best to dissuade anyone to travel there if they ask me about it.  Between their lack of communication, the bad programming, the terrible execution and the stress they create, they are NOT PREPARED and I will not encourage them.

Me too

3 hours ago, Alan2969 said:

It is better to generate the qrcode by taking the digital file of the EU certificate and cropping it leaving enough white margin around, in jpeg or png format.

For exemple, I'm not sure it works when taking a picture of the certificate. I would like to know if anyone has been successful with this method.

First method successful

1 hour ago, tomx2 said:

Hi.

reading and communicating with other posters now, the paper certificate should be acceptable provided you have written your passport number.

My application was approved using the CDC card without writing my passport number on it. All of my applications were submitted with just having my name and DOB on it.

I just took a look at the TP QR code information and I was wrong and thought the approval code was from my 1st submission on Nov 1. I sent in 4 apps.

1st on Nov 1, CDC card and no vaccine QR codes. 3 Pfizer doses. Test& Go and the SHA+ option on the accommodations page. Hotel reservation proof was from Bookings.com that did not list the COVID test or hotel transfer. Email confirmation came 20 hours later.

2nd on Nov 2, same as 1st try except I got a quarantine package from Agoda and uploaded the page that had the COVID test and hotel transfer from airport. Email confirmation came in about 24 hours. The hotel did email me with a request to provide my passport, flight itinerary, vaccine card and any special requests. (There was one person who asked about dates since most flights land close to midnight and choosing the date was confusing. I assumed that since my flight landed at 11:35pm, by the time I checked in it would be after midnight so for me, I land Nov 9th 11:35 pm so I booked the stay for Nov 10th-11th BUT the hotel told me to change it to Nov 9th-10th. They also sent a confirmation email with the meeting spot for my pickup but there was no addition "certificate" issued.)

3rd on Nov 4, with some changes after reading stories from people on this forum. Test & Go option, for the vaccines, I used a QR code from an app (ConfirmD) for the first 2 doses and also uploaded the CDC vaccine card for both. I left off the 3rd dose ( which I got at Walgreens) and also on the hotel accommodations page I chose the AQ option NOT the SHA+. I also changed the arrival date to Nov 8th rather than the 9th ( I leave LAX on Nov 8th). I got the email confirmation almost instantly for this one. For this submission I also went back and edited all my uploaded jpgs, cutting of borders and adjusting the lighting, etc.

4th and final on Nov 5, I went with the AQ option rather than the Test & Go, did everything the same way I submitted my 2nd application. The confirmation came right away along with the approval email with a TP QR code.

And about 10 minutes after the AQ TP QR code came, I got another Exempt from Quarantine TP QR code which I had assumed was from my original 1st submission. It actually came from my 3rd application that only listed the 2 doses. I can only guess that it was due to the arrival date being Nov 8th rather than 9th or the addition of the vaccine QR (even thought there is no information on it yet as the company still has not confirmed the vaccine information). I have no idea.

So now I have 2 TP QR codes, one for AQ which has all the correct info and one for Test & Go with the wrong arrival date. I am almost sure that I should get the QR code from my 1st or 2nd application before I land in Bangkok. If I don't, I will try to come back and update everyone on what happens when you get to Thailand immigration.

It seems they are using some system to prioritize but there is no guarantee that you will get the TP QR before you leave for Thailand. I definitely was not willing to risk paying and taking a COVID test 24-48 hours before I board my flight and hope I will get a code only to end up having to rebook the hotel/flight and retake the COVID test. SO I would only go for the AQ option rather than test & go only if you have already correctly submitted the test & go (which I think EVERYONE has) and your flight is in the next 24-48 hours.

Hope this information may help someone out there.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news : two hours after getting my Alternative Quarantine QR code, I have received my Test and Go QR code on my OUTLOOK email. It means they have solved their problem with microsoft . This application was made the 1st day after the api error problem had a by pass but when we were not yet knowing that Microsoft had blacklisted their mails. I have made numerous other applications with gmail. 
Also at that time the single shot Janssen vaccination was not recognized by  the system so I had to put my Janssen as first dose and my Moderna booster as second dose. My QR code only mentionned the Moderna. 

Thanks for the support of all of you who have shared their experience. It is the end for me of three weeks of anxiety as I knew since the annoncement 3 weeks ago that there will be a lot of problems as I know thailand for 40 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Length of Stay (Day) :

When I apply I will intend to enter Thailand on visa exemption (30 days) but I will go afterwards to immigration to get a Non O visa (I earlier had an extension of stay based on Non O and that extension expired). I guess I should not mention 90 days at that stage, right ?

On 11/5/2021 at 10:38 AM, nash151 said:

Bit worried by the fact that upon landing, if test positive, hospital quarantine. If person next to you in plane tests positive, you also are sent to quarantine for 7-10 days. 

Something they don't advertise much with the TP...

Is this true? How lose to them do you need to be sitting on the plane?

27 minutes ago, Phewthailandpass said:

Hello everyone just posting my experience, I'm from the UK. Submitted my application on the 1st and received my QR code today (6th). Unfortunately the Mor Chana app isn't accepting it (manually or with QR code), but I've scanned the code with Google lens and it has worked.

I fly on the 10th so I am hoping this is evidence that they are prioritising by date order.

Would you mind posting exactly what you did on the inputs? I am from the UK and want to be sure I haven`t done something that is causing a problem (particularly regarding the NHS Covid Pass

Glad to hear some approval success stories. Applied Nov 2nd and received confirmation email right away on gmail. Still waiting on QR code, fly on the 10th. If I do not receive confirmation in the next 24 hours I plan to resubmit using my CLEAR generated vaccine QR code and see what happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

Glad to hear some approval success stories. Applied Nov 2nd and received confirmation email right away on gmail. Still waiting on QR code, fly on the 10th. If I do not receive confirmation in the next 24 hours I plan to resubmit using my CLEAR generated vaccine QR code and see what happens.

The QR code generated by CLEAR is time limited. If you try to scan it after a certain amount of time, it will say that it's expired. You then have to restart the CLEAR app and generate a new code.

JGA

10 minutes ago, JGA said:

The QR code generated by CLEAR is time limited. If you try to scan it after a certain amount of time, it will say that it's expired. You then have to restart the CLEAR app and generate a new code.

JGA

I saw that is is only valid for a day. If it generates an instant approval then at least I have that. I can deal with the rest at the airport. Not likely doing the 10 day AQ option just to get a code.

2 Good News !

also just got 2 QR Confirmations on 2 different Email registrations. One i did on 1st of November, the other one 3 days ago.

My flight is in 45hours...the second good news is that they are also working on sundays on it!

And it has been definitly not been automatic. And! i did not do the special work arounds that were descibed here,

I think they sort it by departure date very clearly. I was already giving up hope!

Good luck guys! I am sure this will be number one falang topic in every bar!

Edited by pochi
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, pochi said:

2 Good News !

also just got 2 QR Confirmations on 2 different Email registrations. One i did on 1st of November, the other one 3 days ago.

My flight is in 15hours...the second good news is that they are also working on sundays on it!

15 hours before the flight is unacceptable and will be too stressful for most!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ConorDC said:

I recieved my QR code today (applied on the 2nd) using a CDC record card. My passport number was hand written on it 

Good to hear approvals are trickling in. I applied on the 2nd also and I fly on the 13th. Just curious, what is your departure date?

I considered either hand writing my passport number on my CDC card or using Photoshop to add it digitally to the bottom, but saw that others got approved without it and didn't want to take the chance of having an issue with doctoring my card myself. 

If this gets into next week without the QR code arriving maybe I'll try another application and do that though as a last shot. 

Another positive outcome after first application (and many subsequent) on the 1st November.  Phew - amazing feeling of relief.  UK based.  UK travel insurance.  Flying on the 9th.   It just came just now after 11pm Thai time so apparently they are taking the backlog seriously.  Fingers crossed for you if you are flying this week. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LexMichdasean said:

Look up Richard Barrow on Twitter, he just posted some useful info and some people to contact for these kinds of emergency cases. If you're flying like in a day or something they can push it for you maybe.

Thanks. Some good info there. I have until Wednesday, so I still have hope, but I will closely follow his tweets and blog.

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You can apply using the Alternative Quarantine method.

Yes, I've got a few days left, but I will try that if need be. 

My travel time is more than 24 hours, so my hope would be that the AQ gets me on the plane, and before I arrive the Test & Go approval happens.

I'd hate to do a full quarantine, but at this point I'd take it if I had to.

1 hour ago, daejung said:

Length of Stay (Day) :

When I apply I will intend to enter Thailand on visa exemption (30 days) but I will go afterwards to immigration to get a Non O visa (I earlier had an extension of stay based on Non O and that extension expired). I guess I should not mention 90 days at that stage, right ?

That is my situation and plan as well. No reason to tell them, but if they see my many years of extensions and ask I don't think it would be a big deal to say it.

After many applications with different email addresses etc, I finally got an approval...with the Alternative Quarantine workaround...it was not instantaneous, took about 9 hours. This is with a UK passport and AZ vaccination cert done in UK. Now just waiting for a more legit Test&Go confirmation... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

Yes, I've got a few days left, but I will try that if need be. 

My travel time is more than 24 hours, so my hope would be that the AQ gets me on the plane, and before I arrive the Test & Go approval happens.

I'd hate to do a full quarantine, but at this point I'd take it if I had to.

But, from what I understood. among the posters who took this route, none of them intends to do the 14 day quarantine...it is just a (seemingly) faster way to make sure they get the QR code

It is definitely what I will do if I do not get approval by the end of next week as I plan (need)  to travel in three weeks