Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

Woke up again this morning and as always first thing that I do is to check my phone hoping for the QR Code email, but again nothing. The stress level just goes up with every passing day. At least I’m reading here that there seems to be a constant flow of approvals and I fly on the 13th so I’m hoping maybe I’m next.

I’ve sent the email asking for help and figure I’ll send another one today. I’ll try calling that help number later today too. I’ve done 2 applications, so maybe will try a 3rd. This theory that a straight AQ application might kick start the system to cough up the Test & Go QR Code doesn’t really make sense to me, but what the hell I’ll try anything. 

As for flying with the QR Code for the full quarantine, I’m still waiting to read on here of anyone who’s on the ground and free in Thailand who used this method. I figure in the next few days there’s got to be some people who’ve tried it. If it seems that it’s working I’ll probably go for it but it’s not something I want to do. Just hoping for more clarity in the coming days.

Did anyone who submitted with extra spaces in passport number get QR code?

I submitted for myself (non-Thai) and my wife (Thai). Had to add extra spaces to wife's Thai passport number. We both received confirmation emails on 11/02. I received approval email with QR code on 11/07. Nothing for my wife yet.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, NHMA said:

Did anyone who submitted with extra spaces in passport number get QR code?

I submitted for myself (non-Thai) and my wife (Thai). Had to add extra spaces to wife's Thai passport number. We both received confirmation emails on 11/02. I received approval email with QR code on 11/07. Nothing for my wife yet.

Thanks.

When is your flight date?

does your vaccine certificate have a QR code?

Edited by Danderman123

9 hours ago, JRG23 said:

So I have just applied for AQ through the Thailand Pass system.

I made three approval requests for Test and Go from 1 November. But no QR code.

However, through the AQ route I received QR code immediately. This has got to be some glitch in the system.

Anyway, now I am worried that my full docs won't be accepted.

Are there reports of people getting through the system with the AQ?

Would appreciate any thoughts. Cheers

Yes.

Everyone who obtained a COE for Test and Go entered the same way.

8 hours ago, stubuzz said:

So, if your test and go QR does not show up, are you suggesting to apply on AQ with a 1 day booking. Then use a refundable 7 day quarantine package to show at check-in and switch back to the 1 day booking when you arrive in Thailand?

No. Upload a one night Test and Go hotel booking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It looks like TP has prioritized processing by flight date, starting a couple of days ago.

Fair enough. Hopefully, 7 day wait will not result in a rejection for whatever reason.  

5 minutes ago, NHMA said:

11/19. No QR code in the vaccine certificate. 

It's interesting that you got your approval back on the 6th for a flight on the 19th. This seems to indicate that they're not totally doing this by flight date as I haven't seen approvals for flights after about the 12th on here. Just saying as I fly on the 13th and have no QR Code yet.  Who knows what the process is though.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

The process is 100% automatic if all the documents are uploaded properly (and if you have a vaccine QR code).

You receive the confirmation right away, literally right away if everything goes fine.

If the system fails to read the documents properly / QR code then it's processed manually and takes 3-5 days.

Seems that the EU digital covid certificate works fine while people from the UK for ex have a lot of issues getting a Thailand pass.

Have any Americans had the automatic approval?  I think my documents are all in order, crystal clear quality, etc.  But I'm not sure the California State vaccine QR Code is readable by their systems.

I might try my health care provider's QR Code and submit again. One worry is I got my booster (3rd shot) since and it now shows up on my documentation. Just hoping that it doesn't screw things up. But I really wanted it as a further defense against actually catching COVID while there.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rman said:

The EU only has only 1 page with a QR code on it and your personal data and only stating ...Number of Doses: 2/2.  Do I have to load up the same certificate twice?

I just received my booking confirmation from my SHA Hotel in Phuket.

The hotel sent me 3 pages. 1. Hotel Room booking confirmation, 2 . PCR-Test and transport paid, 3. a SHABA Certificate with a SHABA ID.

They said I have to print out the SHABA and show it at the airport.

They also told me that I can load up all pages now and many customers have done this and received a Thai Pass approval code in a couple of hours.

All very confusing.

Yes just upload your EU digital covid certificate and QR code for both 1st and 2nd dose and it will work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

The process is 100% automatic if all the documents are uploaded properly (and if you have a vaccine QR code).

You receive the confirmation right away, literally right away if everything goes fine.

If the system fails to read the documents properly / QR code or if you improperly fill the form (SHA+ booking instead of AQ for ex) then it's processed manually and takes 3-5 days.

Seems that the EU digital covid certificate works fine while people from the UK for ex have a lot of issues getting a Thailand pass.

Again - why are you saying that SHA+ is improper? Here is the THAI EMBASSY WEBSITE:

"Fully Vaccinated from the Listed Countries
Fully vaccinated travelers, both Thai and foreigners will be allowed to enter Thailand without mandatory quarantine or sandbox stay. They only need to stay for 1 night in an ASQ or SHA+ Hotel while they wait for the COVID 19 RT-PCR test result that was taken upon arrival. "

Furthermore, many applicants have been under review for more than six working days, so please do not say it takes 3-5 to applicants. 

Edited by Sandro777
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sandro777 said:

Again - why are you saying that SHA+ is improper? Here is the THAI EMBASSY WEBSITE:

"Fully Vaccinated from the Listed Countries
Fully vaccinated travelers, both Thai and foreigners will be allowed to enter Thailand without mandatory quarantine or sandbox stay. They only need to stay for 1 night in an ASQ or SHA+ Hotel while they wait for the COVID 19 RT-PCR test result that was taken upon arrival. "

ASQ = Alternative Quarantine (AQ)

It doesn't work automatically if you chose SHA+, my understanding is that AQ hotels are the one you should book anyway for a 1 night "quarantine" in Bangkok with airport transfer / PCR test at the hotel.

Yep that whole ASQ vs AQ vs SHA+ is a real mess and gets lot of people confused, including me.

Edit : I said it takes 3-5 days because it's the time it took for all my previous unsuccessful attempts with various mailboxes to be processed manually.

So yep don't take that number as something official

Edited by Pepper9187
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

Have any Americans had the automatic approval?  I think my documents are all in order, crystal clear quality, etc.  But I'm not sure the California State vaccine QR Code is readable by their systems.

I might try my health care provider's QR Code and submit again. One worry is I got my booster (3rd shot) since and it now shows up on my documentation. Just hoping that it doesn't screw things up. But I really wanted it as a further defense against actually catching COVID while there.

Not sure TBH.

Are the vaccine certificates standardised in the US ? I think that's the probem you guys have.

In EU there's only 1 system, in the US i've head people saying they didn't even had a QR codes, so if all the states have different certificates i think it makes it really hard for the system to be able to read it automatically.

6 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I think CA and a few other states use smarthealth.cards QR code - is this what you have? Mine is in the Docket app, but code is smarthealth.cards

I also got a booster 10/28, no way to remove that from the records and summit just the first two. 

8 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Not sure TBH.

Are the vaccine certificates standardised in the US ? I think that's the probem you guys have.

In EU there's only 1 system, in the US i've head people saying they didn't even had a QR codes, so if all the states have different certificates i think it makes it really hard for the system to be able to read it automatically.

Exactly

22 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

I think CA and a few other states use smarthealth.cards QR code - is this what you have? Mine is in the Docket app, but code is smarthealth.cards

I also got a booster 10/28, no way to remove that from the records and summit just the first two. 

Yeah I cropped and uploaded the CA State QR Code.  I don't know if it's associated with SmartHealth. It just says "State of California" at the top.

I got my booster on 11/1 and am in a similar situation. I submitted both the QR Code and CDC Card showing just my first 2 jabs from April, as I didn't want to add any confusion.  I still have those graphics files if I resubmit again, or I can now create new ones that show the booster on 1-NOV. I land on 15-NOV so that's 14 days later and would be ok but if they consider the time zone difference (14 hours) technically I land just under 14 days after the booster. Of course the booster shouldn't matter as the 2 jabs in April are all I need, but I'm worried someone just sees the booster date.  

I got the booster because I wanted the extra protection while in Thailand, as getting a positive test prior to my return flight and getting stuck in quarantine and delaying my return is my biggest fear.  I suppose if the approval never comes through it'll all be moot anyway.

I also have on my iPhone a QR code from Kaiser in California (Oakland). Below it is text with full details of the dates of both doses, very professional. So re: Pablo's comments above, if anyone finds out about compatibility, please post the info.

3 minutes ago, Enzian said:

I also have on my iPhone a QR code from Kaiser in California (Oakland). Below it is text with full details of the dates of both doses, very professional. So re: Pablo's comments above, if anyone finds out about compatibility, please post the info.

I have the Kaiser QR Code too. Can you read it? I used my phone's QR Scanner app and I can't get it to work.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I got approval in about 4 days. My state does not offer a QR code. My arrival date is early Friday morning (depart ORD Wednesday evening).

32 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

Yeah I cropped and uploaded the CA State QR Code.  I don't know if it's associated with SmartHealth. It just says "State of California" at the top.

I got my booster on 11/1 and am in a similar situation. I submitted both the QR Code and CDC Card showing just my first 2 jabs from April, as I didn't want to add any confusion. 

I got the booster because I wanted the extra protection while in Thailand, as getting a positive test prior to my return flight and getting stuck in quarantine and delaying my return is my biggest fear.  I suppose if the approval never comes through it'll all be moot anyway.

I got Pfizer early in the year and a Moderna booster in late summer. I did not mention the booster in my (now approved) application. I would have, but there was no obvious (to me) way to do so.

I got approved four days later.

38 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

How can that be? You are placing to much weight on the vaccine part.  How does a computer program read a confirmation of booking from a hotel and the insurance documents? Despite what they claim it has to be manual - either that or they are ignoring everything except the vaccine certificate.

It's not manual trust me on that, it's only manual if the system fails to process automatically.

I had tried like 12-15 times when their website opened with various email adresses, I've "manually" received these confirmations 3-5 days after.

At the same time after combining various tips given in that threat last week (upload both EU digital covid certificate QR codes for both 1st and 2nd shot) and chose AQ hotel instead of SHA + i submitted again with a yahoo email address and got an instant confirmation.

Called my friend that was struggling, told him step by step what to do, he did it over the phone with me and got an instant confirmation.

Third, i had to amend my trip because my e-visa hasn't been delivered on time (was supposed to leave today).

Amended all my bookings today for next week, submitted again with my yahoo email address and got an instant confirmation, within literally 2 seconds after clicking on submit.

Several people in that thread were successful the same way (in the previous pages).

Now for the "How is it possible" part, the system just read the documents and look for keywords, just like when you apply for an e-visa online and upload your passport JPEG it reads it and fill up all the image.png.719e193050d197f29673117706b92308.pngdetails for you.

Edited by Pepper9187
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

I got Pfizer early in the year and a Moderna booster in late summer. I did not mention the booster in my (now approved) application. I would have, but there was no obvious (to me) way to do so.

I got approved four days later.

Thanks for the info.  Just curious what day did you apply and what do you fly?

I still have 5 days but that's not much and the stress level ratchets up with every day with no QR Code.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

It's not manual trust me on that, it's only manual if the system fails to process automatically.

I had tried like 12-15 times when their website opened with various email adresses, I've "manually" received these confirmations 3-5 days after.

At the same time after combining various tips given in that threat last week (upload both EU digital covid certificate QR codes for both 1st and 2nd shot) and chose AQ hotel instead of SHA + i submitted again with a yahoo email address and got an instant confirmation.

Called my friend that was struggling, told him step by step what to do, he did it over the phone with me and got an instant confirmation.

Third, i had to amend my trip because my e-visa hasn't been delivered on time (was supposed to leave today).

Amended all my bookings today for next week, submitted again with my yahoo email address and got an instant confirmation, within literally 2 seconds after clicking on submit.

Several people in that thread were successful the same way (in the previous pages).

Now for the "How is it possible" part, the system just read the documents and look for keywords, just like when you apply for an e-visa online and upload your passport JPEG it reads it and fill up all the details for you.

thanks. I have no doubt it's automatic as many reported just what you did. But I think 100% of them have been with EU vaccine QR Codes. But with my memory (always dangerous to count on) plus the sample size I could be wrong.  

I have a Yahoo email account I rarely use but maybe I'll try for a third time hoping to get the automatic approval. 

• Like 1