Thailand expects one million foreign visitors between November and March

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) expects no less than one million foreign visitors between November 2021 and March 2022

Great expectations...

I read that book already, you can find it in the "fiction section".

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, smedly said:

I think most people have now realised that TAT is a fake prediction propaganda machine proven over and over, they would be better saying nothing 

Can anyone quote one thing they have announced that was close to accurate or even 20% accurate

Led from the top by Phipat... master of predictions and fake news.

3 hours ago, Oblomov said:

Why don't they mandate it - order visitors to change up 60k-100k at the airport - track them ensuring the money is spent unwisely at the malls and chain restaurants - when the money is dwindling quickly whisk them back up to swampy - frisk them to make sure they're not trying to fly out with any baht tucked in their socks - grab the next batch and hustle them off to the Kasikorn kiosk and so it goes on

One problem - we come from free countries with transparent and accountable governments and we don't get led around by our own governments let alone by those of places we visit freely

: )

Which free countries with transparent, accountable governments? Didn't know they still existed.

• Haha 2

It really can go many ways and it's too early to tell. What kind of story will dominate? Travelers who have had a great time in Thailand, or Covid test related hospital lockup horror stories? Only time will tell!

I will say that I find it reckless that they're reopening this far short of their own vaccination goal, which was 70% of the population. With only 42% fully vaccinated now and rising numbers in a number of provinces, their lack of readiness could backfire.

• Like 2

From the latest news yesterday on the 4000 tourists there were only 400 real tourists all the others had come either for work or partial residents with their own homes or or they have a family here in Thailand.

If this average is maintained, a maximum of 50,000 tourists will arrive over 4 months of high season.

TAT you should do the calculations again otherwise the teacher will give you a bad grade.

• Thanks 1

Nov 1-5, on October 31st they announced 9000 will be arriving from Thailand Pass when the website hadn't even started ( Nov 1st )  today it is projected Nov 1-5, 15,000 that math comes out to 6000 for 4 days =  1500 per day!  Whoopie! 

Now projected 1 million in a year did any of them pass their math class or did they make a mistake with their calculator????  You want to meet any of these dreams I highly suggest leaders open up completely with no restrictions just being vaccinated.  The real problem the leaders have never had to work this hard they normally sit in their chambers play with their phones and plan where they should drink, sing a song and who is going to sit on their lap now they actually got to think for a change it is just a mess!????

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, gim12 said:

i expect to win the lottery, doesnt mean it will happen

I am delighted to say it did yesterday. In consequence, the wife will be sent out at 10.59 am this morning to purchase a bottle of gin, a bottle of rum, a box of LEO and a packet of crisps.???? Last of the big spenders!

• Haha 1

Even if the expectation is correct, it is still 15 times less within an industry accounting for 20% of GDP.

With rising numbers in even high-vaccinated countries the situation looks bad. But it makes sense for Thailand to try to get some tourists here, although the task to reach high numbers is basically impossible.

I wonder how long it will take to finally admit that the country is in recession and the THB to reflect the true situation of the economy?

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

From Link For 2022, TAT expects no less than 10 million foreign visitors and they are expected to generate an income of 1.5 trillion baht for the country, accounting for 50 per cent of the income before the Covid pandemic in 2019 when nearly 40 million visited the country.

OK, if we are led to believe by the TAT, 200,000 a month will come in the first 5 months (even though based on 1-5 november predictions it will be more like 80k at the most) , and then miraculously 500,000  to 1.5 million plus will arrive per month from April.  Now I'd like to know exactly what is going to change after March to increase the arrivals 400%-800% a month. 

Only way that any arrivals of 500-1,000,000 a month could happen would be the total removal on hoops to get in. And as we are mostly predicting China will not come next year, where will these 10 million come from,

Lastly why are 1o million going to spend the equivalent of 20 million pre pandemic ? 

Narnia????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

The mandatory covid insurance, does that cover the hotel costs a forced quarantine if one tests positve on arrival ?

Or test negative on arrival but sat in the seat behind someone who tested positive.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oblomov said:

grab the next batch and hustle them off to the Kasikorn kiosk and so it goes on

Well yes thats what the jet ski scammers did and it worked fine

Edited by henry213
  • Like 1