Now open we will not shut again,  mayor makes pledge on behalf of Thailand and Pattaya

webfact

no going back.... you havent actually opened yet.  schools and nightlife still shut.   theres no way on this earth if thailand have another outbreak they wont shutdown again. bloody hell.   they shut down if there's barely any let alone if they had a actual outbreak that was big numbers 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 1:41 PM, NanaSomchai said:

Well, I'm going to play devil's advocate here but...

Pattaya's mayor, Khun Sontaya is actually a GOOD mayor, surprisingly enough.

If you knew what is going on behind the scenes in the city, you'd be surprised to know how much $h!t he has to deal with on a daily basis.

Out of all the mishaps Prayuth's administration has done, picking Sontaya Kunplome as mayor for a crooked city as Pattaya was actually the right thing to do, if not the only wise thing to do.

Sontaya is the son of the Chon Buri's deceased mafia big boss, the city has literally been in a relatively stable hiatus since he got "elected" as a mayor.

Honestly; when was the last time you've been drugged or mugged in Pattaya since his "election"? When was the last time you've been shaken down by the local gangs since his "election"? When was the last time the PWA administration or the Pattaya Teedin office asked for a bribe since his "election"?

Right, never.

And guess why Pattaya is a very safe city besides being a very seedy city? Because of the Kunplome family and Sontaya being "in charge".

Basically it takes a radical crook to control all of crooks. Nothing happens in the city without his seal of approval.

Sontaya Kunplome, believe it or not, is the best mayor we have had in years and I hope for everyone's safety, including yours, he stays mayors for the years to come.

When Sontaya talks, the "others" listen. And that is what you want in a place like Pattaya.

In 24 years I've never been drugged, mugged, shaken down or asked for a bribe so nothing has changed for me. 

I am told of bars being raided recently, where customers have had to bribe their way out of it and the bar owners have had to pay a bribe in order to remain in business. 

Plus ca Change

Edited by rott

The decisions are being made above his head. Don't blame the monkey when the organ grinder is pumping out the music.

You can see what is going to happen. Thailand is in a holding pattern unless and until neighboring countries open up. Then they will play catch up.

It sucks for people who are limited to Thailand. People outside will look for alternatives, if there are any.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:25 AM, rott said:

In 24 years I've never been drugged, mugged, shaken down or asked for a bribe so nothing has changed for me. 

I am told of bars being raided recently, where customers have had to bribe their way out of it and the bar owners have had to pay a bribe in order to remain in business. 

Plus ca Change

But it's worse now. Customers are now being busted and 30 and courts is common. This is not the same as the past. The thugs in brown shirts are destroying the last vestiges of fun before they transfer to more lucrative postings..

On 11/2/2021 at 8:08 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Now open we will not shut again,

Try telling that to the many, many people involved in the entertainment industry, who still cannot earn money to feed their families !    

this  is  kwap, they can they just wont do the work thats available ie farm work,  plenty available no  takers round  here PrachuapKhirikhan.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

But it's worse now. Customers are now being busted and 30 and courts is common. This is not the same as the past. The thugs in brown shirts are destroying the last vestiges of fun before they transfer to more lucrative postings..

Hammer I would be interested to hear of court proceedings. But to my knowledge there is no general enforcement of current regulations. 

On 11/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, Joe Farang said:

I have never been mugged or drugged in Pattaya. Never shaken down. Never asked for a bribe.Not since his election, nor prior to it

I've been mugged in Pattaya, way back in 2009. on Naklua Road about 11 pm, walking back to my hotel near Pottisarn. it was an organised gang; two lads hiding in wait in the shadow and two guys on motosais as the getaway drivers. 

on my last trip in 2014 I was hanging out at my mate's condo down one of the Naklua back sois and when it was time for me to head back to my hotel the bar owner insisted that I don't walk up to the main road like I used to do all the time. there were no win motosai around at the time so he insisted on riding me up himself. 

sounds like you need to get out more ????

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 2:27 AM, Lemsta69 said:

I've been mugged in Pattaya, way back in 2009. on Naklua Road about 11 pm, walking back to my hotel near Pottisarn. it was an organised gang; two lads hiding in wait in the shadow and two guys on motosais as the getaway drivers. 

on my last trip in 2014 I was hanging out at my mate's condo down one of the Naklua back sois and when it was time for me to head back to my hotel the bar owner insisted that I don't walk up to the main road like I used to do all the time. there were no win motosai around at the time so he insisted on riding me up himself. 

sounds like you need to get out more ????

You must look like an eay mark.

I ( or no one i know ) has ever been mugged and we've been out a lot.

Maybe, coz it was in Naklua, it was zee Germans?

On 11/10/2021 at 2:27 AM, Lemsta69 said:

the bar owner insisted that I don't walk up to the main road like I used to do all the time. there were no win motosai around at the time so he insisted on riding me up himself. 

Mmm, you brought back a memory. Many years ago, after drinking at a bar out in the far Northeast, paying and getting up to leave, a lovely barmaid insisted she take me back to my place on her motosai. At the time I thought she was worried about security or me being too tipsy. But when we got to my place there was an awkward pause and goodbye. Later I realized she was waiting to be invited in. It wouldn't have been free, but not expensive, and would've been great. I was a moron.

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Mmm, you brought back a memory. Many years ago, after drinking at a bar out in the far Northeast, paying and getting up to leave, a lovely barmaid insisted she take me back to my place on her motosai. At the time I thought she was worried about security or me being too tipsy. But when we got to my place there was an awkward pause and goodbye. Later I realized she was waiting to be invited in. It wouldn't have been free, but not expensive, and would've been great. I was a moron.

ok mate now that was a major blunder. much worse than me walking around Naklua alone at night after a few beers. you'd have ended up with a lighter wallet too but at least you'd have got something in return ????

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You must look like an eay mark.

I ( or no one i know ) has ever been mugged and we've been out a lot.

Maybe, coz it was in Naklua, it was zee Germans?

I must have looked like an easy mark? probably, not everybody can be an ex-SAS hard man like you ????

but yeah probably, I was a wee bit tipsy, alone, the section of road was deserted and there was a dark patch where the pickpocketers had set up their ambush. 

I lost a cheap phone and a few thousand baht. big deal, I'm not a povvo so didn't cry about losing a couple of bucks. and they didn't pull a knife or stick a gun in my face, just grabbed the money and ran. went back to the bar area to find my friend and tell him what happened, BGs called the cops, plod arrived and took basic details then drove me back to hotel on the back of his 125cc cop scooter. it was quite the adventure and tbh I'm glad it happened to me.

the general consensus from people I spoke to was the usually helpful som nam naa, Pattaya is dangerous at night you shouldn't have been waking alone. well I guess i found out that hard way and won't be doing that again.

so if you or no one else you know has never been mugged in Patts then you must live really sheltered lives. once I started paying attention to the news I found out that there were lots of crimes like that in the area at the time. a couple of killings too including that Russian bird on Jomtien beach, although that was possibly later.

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

I must have looked like an easy mark? probably, not everybody can be an ex-SAS hard man like you ????

but yeah probably, I was a wee bit tipsy, alone, the section of road was deserted and there was a dark patch where the pickpocketers had set up their ambush. 

I lost a cheap phone and a few thousand baht. big deal, I'm not a povvo so didn't cry about losing a couple of bucks. and they didn't pull a knife or stick a gun in my face, just grabbed the money and ran. went back to the bar area to find my friend and tell him what happened, BGs called the cops, plod arrived and took basic details then drove me back to hotel on the back of his 125cc cop scooter. it was quite the adventure and tbh I'm glad it happened to me.

the general consensus from people I spoke to was the usually helpful som nam naa, Pattaya is dangerous at night you shouldn't have been waking alone. well I guess i found out that hard way and won't be doing that again.

so if you or no one else you know has never been mugged in Patts then you must live really sheltered lives. once I started paying attention to the news I found out that there were lots of crimes like that in the area at the time. a couple of killings too including that Russian bird on Jomtien beach, although that was possibly later.

No need to be so aggressive, geez.

I've lived far from a sheltered life in pattaya, far from it and have been out early hours walking about many many times alone stagerring home, not once have i had any sort of probelm.

I feel safer stagerring about Pattaya drunk at night than i do walking around my home country during the hours of daylight tbh.

* note - i can kill people with one finger *