Police inspect Bangkok restaurants after alcohol ban lifted

webfact

9 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

I <deleted> told you all in several other threads over the course of the past week;

Thailand is being turned into a totalitarian police ran state, those (mainly Thais) who supported Prayuth and the current regime are in for a rude wake up call, yet this is only the beginning.

The Thailand we all once knew and cherished is gone, it's dead Jim.

In fact it's getting so ridiculous with all these rules and all these "Police officers" everywhere trying to control and enforce nearly every single aspect of your daily life, it starts to feel like China.

The apologists will be along shortly to tell you how much more freedom there is in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronster said:

Surprised they didn’t go through every bill checking every customer had actually ordered food ! ????

Is there a requirement that restaurants have to serve food in order to comply with the relaxed regulations?  I realise that restaurants will want to sell food also but I haven't seen that emphasised anywhere by the powers that be.

35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Is there a requirement that restaurants have to serve food in order to comply with the relaxed regulations?  I realise that restaurants will want to sell food also but I haven't seen that emphasised anywhere by the powers that be.

The basis for having alcohol was to be served with your meal as far as I was aware . I have been in bars with restaurant licenses also and only about 15% of customers if that actually ordered food.

16 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

I <deleted> told you all in several other threads over the course of the past week;

Thailand is being turned into a totalitarian police ran state, those (mainly Thais) who supported Prayuth and the current regime are in for a rude wake up call, yet this is only the beginning.

The Thailand we all once knew and cherished is gone, it's dead Jim.

In fact it's getting so ridiculous with all these rules and all these "Police officers" everywhere trying to control and enforce nearly every single aspect of your daily life, it starts to feel like China.

Its not only Thailand. Even a "free" country like the Netherlands is chnnging into a totalitarian State. Im afraid will we see this growing all over the world. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If there is, they can't make you eat it we hope. a plate of chips and 10 beers please.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ronster said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The basis for having alcohol was to be served with your meal as far as I was aware .

As far as I was aware, the basis for a restaurant to be permitted to serve alcohol now, legally, was to be a licenced restaurant, that's all.       

Does anyone remember what Thailand was like before COVID?

Was the country awash in alcohol so much that everyone was drunk all of the time?

It is crazy for all the bans, just because of COVID, as alcohol does not cause COVID,

but that seems to be what the Thai government and maybe even TAT thinks like.

The new not so amazing Thailand.

Geezer