Private hospitals only getting 1,000 doses of Moderna each in the middle of November

MrJ2U

On 11/5/2021 at 9:45 AM, ezzra said:

3 months ago paid for 2 Moderna shots at BKK Samitivej hospital and was told they'll only be getting small batches this month and they will allocated to those who not yet vaccinated at all, so good luck to us to keep waiting...

I have a contact who's in professional touch with Samitivej, and they indicated today that the hospital says they've thus far only received Moderna doses for about 10% of all the people who had prepaid with them. There apparently are promises that more doses will be coming in coming weeks/months, but the details/prospects of that seem fuzzy.

My contact said the hospital staff there handling the vaccines program are <deleted> about the whole current situation. But supposedly, the hospital is going to be doing their initial notifications to those at the top of their Moderna queue this week by SMS phone message. The top priority being those who have yet to receive any vaccine, and then ordered by how early they prepaid for their doses.

My wife has not received any vaccine as yet, and prepaid with them probably a month or more ago... And thus far, she's received nothing from them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

supposedly, the hospital is going to be doing their initial notifications

I just got a similar notification from Udon Thani Hospital (All in Thai).

"Dear Moderna lot 1 vaccine bookers (to maintain your eligibility  Please fill out the information of the vaccination recipient correctly and completely)

Bangkok Hospital Udon  Approximately 28,000 doses of Moderna lot 1 vaccination are scheduled to start. The vaccination schedule is from November 13, 2021 – March 31, 2022 for the first 3,550 doses of the vaccine.  The injection will be according to what the hospital has informed in each round.  And it may be necessary to skip vaccination appointments during vaccinations from Zuellig.  The hospital will schedule a vaccination as soon as possible after the next round of vaccination."

Google translate was used.

I think they mean they have 3,550 doses for the initial launch.

This would exclude people already vaccinated, left the country, or have died of COVID-19.  My wife and mother-in-law are 3,870.

A friend just transferrd his dose to my wife.  Its scheduled for December 14th.  We'll have to travel 9 hours to Bangkok.

Perhaps thats in anticipation of getting more.

We'll use hers as booosters ln 6 months if things work out.

Edited by MrJ2U

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Received Moderna Vax 1 @ Pattaya Memorial yesterday Thursday. Plus 700 baht refund! So total cost for the 2 jabs is 3300 baht. Second jab scheduled 4 weeks. 

Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital just sheduled Moderns vaccines for this weekend @ Robinsons.

added more people to the que.

SToked!

Wife and myself have got our first Moderna Shots last Tuesday at Kasemrad Hospital in Prachin Buri, ordered and paid last May. The whole process was pretty well organized and they went strictly according received payments so we have got finally our que number #84 some weeks before arrival of the Vaccine. From 1st of November onwards you could book an appointment so we went right away on the first day of their vaccination program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UWEB said:

Wife and myself have got our first Moderna Shots last Tuesday at Kasemrad Hospital in Prachin Buri, ordered and paid last May. The whole process was pretty well organized and they went strictly according received payments so we have got finally our que number #84 some weeks before arrival of the Vaccine. From 1st of November onwards you could book an appointment so we went right away on the first day of their vaccination program.

Any side effects?

We're going to holiday in Hua Hin the following day.

We only had 48 hours notice and booked our shots for tomorrow.

I'm excited that my wife and mother in law are finally getting vacvinated and its not Chinese.

....and good for you and your wife!

On 11/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, Chris.B said:

Because you have pushed 4 people, who also desperately want the vaccine, further down the waiting list. Then, you come on here to brag about it! It's the Me-Me generation, very sad.  ☹️☹️

Everybody who "desperately" wanted a vaccine got a vaccine already.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Ohh, that's why there are umpteen millions on the Moderna waiting lists then. ????

They are on the waiting lists because they are picky about the type of vaccine or are too lazy to travel, these people aren't desperate.

A few weeks ago here in Chiang Mai they offered 2*Pfizer for all foreigners.

Last week here in Chiang Mai they offered AZ+Pfizer walk in for everybody.

In either case I didn't see a single report of somebody being turned away.

People desperate to get a vaccine would just make a trip to one of the provinces that have vaccines, like Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

If you are not in a hurry you can of course just wait until Moderna arrives in Nakhon Nowhere, but then refrain from calling yourself "desperate".

Edited by jackdd
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Ohh, that's why there are umpteen millions on the Moderna waiting lists then. ????

Got ours today.

Luckily you got your Sinovac.  Only need 4 doses.

Hard to get on a tourist visa though lil lady.

• Sad 1

As near as I can determine my PoS received 10,000 doses and handed out 4,901 queue numbers.

560,200 doses arrived 5 Nov. with 77% allocated to private hospitals, and the remainder to the TRC.

Another 1.4 mm are due "by the end of November".

And that's it for 2021. Hopefully all those who prepaid in tranche 1 get vaccinated - I think they will and then some as many already got vaccinations.

Another 6 mm are on order, due in 2022. Would expect most of those in Q1, hopefully. Much of tranche 2 are here I guess.