Masks

DIKTHAI

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, the silliness is still in effect.  I see 1 person wearing mask in there car, on motorbikes, exercising or walking when nobody is within 50 meters of them.  Sad really

Get use to wearing the mask as covid19 mask wearing will be running into burn off season. Such as life, remember things could always get worse. 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Yes and I don’t expect it to go away anytime soon. I haven’t seen anyone not wearing their masks when walking around Bangkok. A few have it under their chin, but not many 

..they must have gills!

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

Get use to wearing the mask as covid19 mask wearing will be running into burn off season. Such as life, remember things could always get worse. 

I live a bit south, and AQI rarely gets to 100, and rarely over.  Thankfully haven't needed to wear mask for smog.  Air purifiers in the house and car.  Meter reading always <10

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Even if you are completely ALONE or social distanced?  Masks were introduced to stop a person's spittle from reaching another who were LESS THAN 2 metres away.

They're mandatory whenever you are outside your home. Most people are caring enough to follow this minor inconvenience, some selfish buggers just don't care. Any time you are outside you run the chance of coming within 2 meters of someone. It's just the right thing to do at this time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, marin said:

I never wear a mask in my car. When its my wife and I neither of us wear a mask. I have not heard of this ever being enforced.

I thought the mask mandate wasn't required in a car if all passengers lived together. Naturally, if I'm wrong, it will take less than a few nanoseconds for someone to correct me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rabang said:

Masks  will remain mandatory in Asia probably for many years to come. Wearing them outdoors in a hot and humid climate is a nuisance that potential tourists should be aware of.

Not been to China or Japan? Masks have been de rigueur for a long time before Covid.

22 hours ago, vinci said:

on the same matter, does the mask in car if more than 2 people still in effect or its over, my wife keep pushing me to wear mask in car if caught we can be fine, getting very annoying 

the fine isn't the worse part. AFAIK if you are caught not wearing a mask there is also the possibility of being blacklisted! (they may have repealed this now but doubt it as mask mandates still in effect)

35 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Not been to China or Japan? Masks have been de rigueur for a long time before Covid.

But not mandatory and few tourists have used them over there either. Plus they were used often only outdoors. BTW, I used a mask occasionally in Bangkok as well a few years ago before covid due to the pollution. Not sure if they were any help though.

Edited by rabang

1 minute ago, kiteman9 said:

The Department of Health advised against wearing a face mask when exercising. You are not getting enough oxygen into your lungs and heart, so your body has to work harder, which is more dangerous. When you do outdoor exercises, try to maintain at least six feet or 2 meters of distance between you and other people.

Source: Department of Health, Ministry of Public Health, https://bit.ly/2zfcBuo

Facebook? Really?!? The mother of misinformation! 555

On 11/5/2021 at 11:16 AM, KannikaP said:

Even if you are completely ALONE or social distanced?  Masks were introduced to stop a person's spittle from reaching another who were LESS THAN 2 metres away.

Send your question to the Thai govt.

• Haha 1