Customers flee from restaurant near Bali Hai for the second time after police inspection around Pattaya restaurant alcohol ban

webfact

On 11/5/2021 at 11:57 PM, smedly said:

commonly known as non alcohol drinks 

I am lost for words, why would you jump through all the TP hoops to go to Pattaya when it is a Red Zone, my sister in Law went back to Chonburi for her second shot and is not allowed to travel back to Hua HIn, she said that restriction will lift in a few days.

My mother in law who works at the Dragon Markets in Hua HIn said people were caught working at stalls a few days ago with covid, the owner will not shut it down, she said, I lose to much money, but the old girl is isolating at home now, she also said the fresh market was shut for a few days while they spray it, what good that will do I don't know.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 8:15 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

In Thailand it is always about control of the peasants, as it was in my native UK about 400 years ago where the rich few ruled over the poor. A government's job is to act in the best interests of the people, to protect the nation. It is not to interfere constantly in the private life of its citizens. But the control begins right from the time kids begin school, where every boy and every girl has to have exactly the same haircut. What is that supposed to achieve? Absolutely nothing. It's just control, teaching obedience, so they will become subservient little lambs in adult life too.

Weren't pubs closed in the UK for the better part of a year? That's longer than here, just a different time frame. Or was that 400 years ago?

1 hour ago, brucec64 said:
On 11/6/2021 at 8:15 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

In Thailand it is always about control of the peasants, as it was in my native UK about 400 years ago where the rich few ruled over the poor. A government's job is to act in the best interests of the people, to protect the nation. It is not to interfere constantly in the private life of its citizens. But the control begins right from the time kids begin school, where every boy and every girl has to have exactly the same haircut. What is that supposed to achieve? Absolutely nothing. It's just control, teaching obedience, so they will become subservient little lambs in adult life too.

Expand  

Weren't pubs closed in the UK for the better part of a year? That's longer than here, just a different time frame. Or was that 400 years ago?

My comment wasn't directly related to the alcohol ban, but that 95% of Thailand's wealth is held by 5% of the population, as it was in the UK back in the Middle Ages. And that is directly related to Thailand's present day feudal system, where strict social rules says that you know your place and obey those who are considered your betters because of their wealth, whether they deserve it or not.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My comment wasn't directly related to the alcohol ban, but that 95% of Thailand's wealth is held by 5% of the population, as it was in the UK back in the Middle Ages. And that is directly related to Thailand's present day feudal system, where strict social rules says that you know your place and obey those who are considered your betters because of their wealth, whether they deserve it or not.

Yes, and should anyone or anything try to change that, the Thai military step in and restore the natural order of things for the establishment.  

Thus, the Thailand we have now, will be all Thailand is ever going to be, despite other emerging economies progressing quite rapidly.  

It's a shame.  Thailand has a lot of potential, and all Thai's should be able to share in that potential and wealth, but it's not going to happen.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

It is November now, and I thought the Thai government was going to relax the alcohol ban.

Did Pattaya become a non drinking city?  I guess the Thai government only works slowly

so it should be no surprise that it will take until December for the new rules to come into

effect.  Good Luck to all of you drinkers, travelers, tourists and expats all.

Geezer

On 11/6/2021 at 12:17 PM, WingFat said:

With every new topic and threads that have been appearing the last few weeks, the trip I need to make to LOS to conclude some personal banking biz will be a very short one. Rather than spend a few weeks as I had been planning, it will now more likely be a few days at most, and spend as little money as possible in the LOS. Then off to somewhere else that has their s**t together.

And no, I am not a backpacker, sex tourist or medical tourist. But I do fall into the "wealthy" high-end tourist category the Thai gov't buffoon leaders claim to be after. Nope, not gonna bite on that rotten apple.

Thanks. Frankly Thailand does not deserve the support anymore. I love alot of the Thai people, and it is a shame for them. But, in a sense they allowed this to happen with their extreme passivity.

It is about the leadership, which is so toxic, so lacking in moral authority or the ability to govern effectively, they have brought the nation to it's knees and utterly decimated the once vibrant economy, ruining millions of lives in the process. It was never really about Covid. It was about abject oppression, opportunism, and an unwillingness to surrender power. Just another broken promise, from the broken PM.

You are one of millions of tourists who will be giving Thailand a pass, well into the coming decades. 

Tourism in Thailand is essentially finished. They murdered the Golden Goose. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

It is November now, and I thought the Thai government was going to relax the alcohol ban.

Did Pattaya become a non drinking city?  

It's also becoming an increasingly Thai city. Kind of what the Chinese did in Tibet: Swamp the place with their nationalistics to drown out foreign influence. Just look at the Beach Rd parking lot for example. And a one month Thai music festival ? While bankrupting Western establishments. If one wants to book some time in this area , Jomtien is a much nicer environment for sure.