Kasikorn branch at Avenue closing Dec

champers

35 minutes ago, bbko said:

I've always thought they should convert the Ave into an entertainment complex,  similar to Bangkok's Nana Plaza.

It was going to be and then along came Covid. Some Indian investors if I recall.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bbko said:

I don't know how those businesses in the Avenue survive, I've always thought they should convert the Ave into an entertainment complex,  similar to Bangkok's Nana Plaza.

Tongue in cheek comment? That idea was bouncing around pre-Covid by an Indian group and nicknamed Bollywood Plaza. Nightlife places were said to be leaving Walking St to go there.

Of course nothing came of it. 

Avenue, Villa? So Patts has one like Bangna, BKK? The one there just completed an expansion.

Their Villa is kept buzzing with all the expats at the nearby pricey intl schools, who can't live without their pricey imports.

"I daresay, are we out of the Cumberwumpton pudding again? Dispatch Noi the maid, forthwith."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Tongue in cheek comment? That idea was bouncing around pre-Covid by an Indian group and nicknamed Bollywood Plaza. Nightlife places were said to be leaving Walking St to go there.

Of course nothing came of it. 

It was nicknamed Naan Plaza which killed the idea

• Haha 1

As written: Soi Buakhao closed (some rumor of refit?).

This morning went to South Pattaya rd (next to Tukcom).

Also looks closed (windows blind, some stuff behind the glass door)?!!! Could hardly believe it.

Kasikorn seems to axe its staff.

In my home district they have cut down staff drastically.

Only two clerks left.

ATMs in the region down from 50 to 15.

Let people queue outside (Covid hysteric).

Endless wait.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Perhaps it's being turned into The KiK Agogo.  (Kas-i-Korn)  with the lighting in green and all the service staff wearing green and the dancers wearing green bikinis.

Such an investment is as good as money in "the bank."   ????  

Edited by Leaver
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No point...there's a branch at Central Festival

Indeed, and they shifted my account a bit further up the road to Central Marina where there is also a branch. Who knows maybe I'll end up at Central Festival eventually judging by the morgue that is Marina, be a little bit more convenient location wise for me.