21 days? Fed up with waiting ..

I've been in the UK for 21 days and sick of it.  We hoped to go home (Thailand) on 9th but we can't get past the technical issues.  Our credentials are fine so it is sickening.  We just don't want to move to another country and find we need to be there for 21 days...

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Marjf said:

I've been in the UK for 21 days and sick of it.  We hoped to go home (Thailand) on 9th but we can't get past the technical issues.  Our credentials are fine so it is sickening.  We just don't want to move to another country and find we need to be there for 21 days...

You can travel to any of the listed countries and you would not have to wait for another 21 days to apply for the Thailand Pass. Just be sure you include proof you were in 2 listed countries.

List here; https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/S__1540197.jpg

What problems are you having with applying for a TP?

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can travel to any of the listed countries and you would not have to wait for another 21 days to apply for the Thailand Pass. Just be sure you include proof you were in 2 listed countries.

List here; https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/S__1540197.jpg

What problems are you having with applying for a TP?

No reply.  Have made multiple appliations to the black hole!  Acknowledgement but no QR code.  Many seem to be applying using the Alternative Quarantine system and getting replies but I am not willing to risk 10 days in a hotel room.

I just got my Thai pass through today, applied on 2nd after doing work around with website issues. I booked 1 day AQ for PCR test. Got my OA visa in Ho Chi Minh. Quite painless I must admit, only worry I had was flight was booked on 10th and there is no updates on how Thai Pass application so worry have to change flights, 1 day quarantine at last minute but thankfully no

Edited by cranebuster
Spelling
  • Like 1

If you left Thailand and went back to the the UK and didn't go to any countries, then you don't have to stay for the full 21 days. Basically if you started your trip in Thailand and went to a safe country and return back to Thailand, then you are exempt from the 21 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What's your country passport? 

You obtained a non O-A in HCMC?

I would also ask what it was like getting the police report and 5 disease check (leprosy, syphilis, et al) in Vietnam so that you could get that O-A visa. Here in China, it takes about a year to process a police report and I cannot find any hospital or clinic that can check for all of the diseases on the list. I called the Thai Embassy in Beijing and asked if they could recommend a place and they basically told me: "not their problem".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, toolpush said:

I would also ask what it was like getting the police report and 5 disease check (leprosy, syphilis, et al) in Vietnam so that you could get that O-A visa. Here in China, it takes about a year to process a police report and I cannot find any hospital or clinic that can check for all of the diseases on the list. I called the Thai Embassy in Beijing and asked if they could recommend a place and they basically told me: "not their problem".

No police check, no disease check. Never heard of that for getting OA visa for Thailand, well not from UK anyway. Heard maybe police check if apply in Thailand for OA visa

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What's your country passport? 

You obtained a non O-A in HCMC?

UK passport

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Or in a country you are a permanent resident of.

Thanks was aware of that.

It's just with statements such as 

"Heard maybe police check if apply in Thailand for OA visa"

From same poster made me doubt he was permanent resident of Vietnam.

Guess it's possible.

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Non O-A only available in home country. In your case UK.

Same applies to METV.

I think you need to check again mate, you can get an OA visa from most Thai Embassy's as long as you got correct paperwork. I've just got my OA visa from here in Ho Chi Minh but you put on here can only get from UK, did you not understand my post then

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cranebuster said:

I think you need to check again mate, you can get an OA visa from most Thai Embassy's as long as you got correct paperwork. I've just got my OA visa from here in Ho Chi Minh but you put on here can only get from UK, did you not understand my post then

Here is my earlier post and reply from ubonjoe. 

Non O-A is only available from your home country or country where you have permanent residence. First quote from myself and second from ubonjoe.

Are you a PR of Vietnam?  

1. "Non O-A only available in home country. In your case UK.

Same applies to METV."

2. "Or in a country you are a permanent resident of"

Having said that....you have obtained a non O-A in HCMC so it's of interest as to what paperwork you submitted.

Edited by DrJack54

On 11/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, Marjf said:

No reply.  Have made multiple appliations to the black hole!  Acknowledgement but no QR code.  Many seem to be applying using the Alternative Quarantine system and getting replies but I am not willing to risk 10 days in a hotel room.

You are obviously doing something that the system does not like. Try a gmail e mail address, check your SPAM folder. Use a different browser. Although the system isnt perfect if you have made miltiple applications you would have got one back ok.