UPDATE: Family of young woman found dead at Koh Larn resort believes gas leak or smoke inside resort lead to death

snoop1130

S__8028166-768x432.jpg

The family of a young woman, known as ‘Nong Film’, who was found dead at a resort on Koh Larn last week believes a possible gas leak or smoke caused her death. The family is denying statements made by various relevant officials that the woman drank alcohol or used illegal drugs leading to her death.

First, as a reference to our prior coverage on this story:

The Pattaya City Police was notified of the original incident at a resort near Sangwan Beach on Koh Larn last week. The name of the resort, however, has been withheld pending further investigation by Pattaya City Police.

Mr. Nattawut, 34, a relative of Nong Film, told associated Thai press over the past weekend, “All three don’t like to drink alcohol. They also don’t use any illegal drugs (including her boyfriend and her female friend). Especially Nong Film, she was a hard-working woman. I don’t believe the reports from law enforcement that they were heavily drinking prior to the incident.”

“At this stage, her cause of death was initially stated by doctors as circulatory and respiratory system failure. However, a full autopsy result will be released later in about one month.” Nattawut continued.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/08/update-family-of-young-woman-found-dead-at-koh-larn-resort-believes-gas-leak-or-smoke-inside-resort-lead-to-death/

PattayaNews.jpg

gas leak or smoke .....  it would be naive to think this as the cause. An easy way to find out is just call the resort and ask them if the room had or has a possible gas leak  ?   however,  they are unlikely to admit this as it would hold them liable. 

sad story for sure .....  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, internationalism said:

yes, smoke can kill in the case of room fire. But there was not any fire and no any other other guests were affected or alerted by smoke. Most hotels have smoke and fire detectors in rooms and on corridors

With the batteries missing or connected to a defunct central system.

Gas leak was mentioned in the original article, yet one would not expect a gas bottle to be in a resort room.  That said many tourists seem to manage to cook in their rooms.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Gas leak from what? Aircon? What kind of gas installation would a resort on a tropical island have inside the room?

there are lpg gas water heaters, but rarely seen. I have seen it only once, at a national park in kanchanaburi, in bungalows at the top of a hill, away from the main compound. I was surprised. Probably they were from times, when they did not have electricity from the grid, just from generators.

btw those heaters are cheap, below 1h baht, just matter of installing them properly and some maintenance.

But they are in the bathroom and inlet of air and outlet of fumes is outside. Around the world, in cold countries, they are installed in each apartment, each house and with tight air seal, but never accidents do happen. Gas is dangerous in case of fire

Edited by internationalism

without seeing the room and knowing what is installed it is difficult to evaluate what is the plausible cause of death. 

saying that it could have been from gas or smoke is like saying it could have been from insecticide spray under the bed or an electric shock when turning the light on. 

resort rooms don't have gas bottles or pipes in Thailand,  and where would the smoke come from as there was no fire.

Was there foul play involved  ?

Was an illegal drug consumed that was poisonous ?

Was there contact with local mafia before going back to the room ?

Unless a proper investigation and questioning is carried out it cannot be determined as to the possible cause of death.     imo

• Like 1

Gas and carbon monoxide poisoning, electric shock or insecticide overuse could all be revealed during a proper autopsy. But this is Thailand. If the relatives and family not pressure the authorities or even pay for a experienced forensic pathologist, the truth will never come out. 

Why so long for an autopsy report normally from what I have seen over the years in Thailand they announce the cause of death within 24/48 hours . What does concern me is that many of the places I have stayed over the years seem to have problems with Air con units which is just as dangerous if not serviced at least one time per year I have mine serviced every 6 months the cost is very reasonable