Thailand reports 6,904 new COVID-19 cases, 61 deaths and 8,024 recoveries

webfact

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

Top 5 Vaccinated Provinces: Bangkok 87.5% Phuket 79.6% Chonburi 71.8 % Samut Prakan 60.8% Phang Nga 59.9% Source: Ministry of Public Health #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1457912605620641793

A break down in English of all provinces 1st, 2nd and 3rd jabs and jabbed with what would show overall how the rollout is going. I'm thinking many of the 87.5% jabbed in BKK need a booster because they got 2 Sinovac. If you need a booster you are not fully vaccinated. All double Sinovac jabbed need an mRNA booster. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

And so it should be. 

Vaccines up, cases/deaths down. 

Phased easing of restrictions clearly working and vaccinations used by Thailand  now approved by UK now despite the forum cynics using all kinds derogatory terms to describe them. Egg on face for many. 

Sounds like they have managed the situation pretty well and are now reaping the benefits of a sensible, slow but phased cautious approach. 

Of course the cynics will continue to dissect and pick everything to bits from the vaccinations delays, the quality of the vaccines and anything else that can be thrown into the mix. 

But their approach is working and now time to kick on to the next phase and release people back to work. 

I agree with alcohol being served again in Pattaya because of the vaccination rates there, I do not see any cynics disputing that.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

A break down in English of all provinces 1st, 2nd and 3rd jabs and jabbed with what would show overall how the rollout is going. I'm thinking many of the 87.5% jabbed in BKK need a booster because they got 2 Sinovac. If you need a booster you are not fully vaccinated. All double Sinovac jabbed need an mRNA booster. 

Don’t forget to let the UK government know of your decision. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/regions/asia-and-the-middle-east/

Reuters reporting for the SE Asia region.

Thailand

36% of peak and falling 

79 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days

Updated 10:34 AM IT

COVID-19 infections are decreasing in Thailand, with 7,914 new infections reported on average each day. That’s 36% of the peak — the highest daily average reported on August 17.

There have been 1,975,591 infections and 19,703 coronavirus-related deaths reported in the country since the pandemic began

Here in Finland over 12 years old 86% has get one jab and 80% two. Still Infections per 100k people is 143! Maybe decision maker's need take trip to Thailand and see what they do so much "better" lol. 256 people are in hospital and from those 34 are in ICU. Government promise earlier that they open hole country when 80% have double vaxxed, now they say its not enough! Need get 90% and everybody know its impossible coz so many dont want take vaccine. So what going to happen , who knows!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Thanks very much. It doesn't make for good reading and unless I'm missing something it's not broken down into vaccine types. Double jabbed rates in Issan are very, very low and again looking at the chart I think you posted, the greatest number of Sinovac jabs goes to Issan. Just disgusting. Give the peasants the Chinese rubbish. I wonder how many foreign workers in BKK have been jabbed with the same juice that makes up that double jabbed %. AZ shots 3wks apart not 12? It's all an illusion to make the figures look good. Anyone who cannot see this is blinkered.

I just talk to Mrs. and she say her (our) girl get other jab tomorrow! I say WHAT how can get so fast here had 12 weeks between shots (Pfizer), girl get first one few weeks ago! Wife also get really sick after second shot AZ her first was Sinovac. She get first sick leave in 13 years!

Edited by 2 is 1

5 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I just talk to Mrs. and she say her (our) girl get other jab tomorrow! I say WHAT how can get so fast here had 12 weeks between shots (Pfizer), girl get first one few weeks ago! Wife also get really sick after second shot AZ her first was Sinovac. She get first sick leave in 13 years!

Actually Pfizer is 3 wks. Mix and match Sinovac/AZ yep the AZ reaction on 2nd jab isn't so pleasant. My missus had this and she tells me other people the same. My 2 AZ 1st was pretty bad. 2nd 12 wks after was a pretty bad headache for a few days but that was about it. At least I know I've got pretty good coverage until April next year.

Edited by dinsdale

12 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Actually Pfizer is 3 wks. Mix and match Sinovac/AZ yep the AZ reaction on 2nd jab isn't so pleasant. My missus had this and she tells me other people the same. My 2 AZ 1st was pretty bad. 2nd 12 wks after was a pretty bad headache for a few days but that was about it. At least I know I've got pretty good coverage until April next year.

1st AZ jab gave me a slight fever after 12 hours and a headache that lasted 24 hours, then it was just the sore arm for 3 more days.  2nd AZ vaccine was no problem except for the sore arm for 2 days this time.  Gf had the Pfizer jabs and after the first one felt under the weather for 2 days, and the second just a headache and sore arm.  Kids in the US no issues at all with the Pfizer, but my sister had the Moderna and was sick for a day after each jab, her husband no issues except a sore arm.  Mother had Moderna and no issues with either jab, and she is 86. Of course my mother did come down with Covid after being vaccinated during the 3rd month, and thankfully she recovered after a few weeks in the hospital.  God forbid had she not been vaccinated.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

1st AZ jab gave me a slight fever after 12 hours and a headache that lasted 24 hours, then it was just the sore arm for 3 more days.  2nd AZ vaccine was no problem except for the sore arm for 2 days this time.  Gf had the Pfizer jabs and after the first one felt under the weather for 2 days, and the second just a headache and sore arm.  Kids in the US no issues at all with the Pfizer, but my sister had the Moderna and was sick for a day after each jab, her husband no issues except a sore arm.  Mother had Moderna and no issues with either jab, and she is 86. Of course my mother did come down with Covid after being vaccinated during the 3rd month, and thankfully she recovered after a few weeks in the hospital.  God forbid had she not been vaccinated.

My 1st AZ pretty sure I wasn't feverish but woke up during the night I had my jab freezing. Warm night of course. Headache for a few days, body aches and tiredness. Strange thing is my arm did start aching and then only a bit on and off for several days later. Pfyzer they're saying watch the kids 4-6 wks after the jab.

21 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

My 1st AZ pretty sure I wasn't feverish but woke up during the night I had my jab freezing. Warm night of course. Headache for a few days, body aches and tiredness. Strange thing is my arm did start aching and then only a bit on and off for several days later. Pfyzer they're saying watch the kids 4-6 wks after the jab.

Two AZ jabs and no symptoms whatsoever....I must have been one of the lucky ones.

• Like 1

US government is planning to donate 1 million doses of Moderna Covid-19 vaccines to Thai government, Thai Foreign Affairs Ministry reveals

Bangkok –

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is planning to inform the Thai Cabinet Committee that the government of the United States is preparing to donate an additional 1 million doses of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine to Thailand.

https://tpnnational.com/2021/11/09/us-government-is-planning-to-donate-1-million-doses-of-moderna-covid-19-vaccines-to-thai-government-thai-foreign-affairs-ministry-reveals/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PMSMITH65 said:

Sounds like Thailand handled the Delta variant really well.

Slow procurement and roll out of vaccine.

Many businesses shut for 8 months.

So successful, that a well known Pattaya bar owner has gone on hunger strike until they reopen.

Your daily 'snatch victory from the jaws of a complete shambles and defeat' are at least amusing, although they bare no relation to the facts.

Will be even more amusing when Pattaya's bars and gogos get closed again when cases spike again.

Let's see how you spin that.

Love to hear more about the bar owner going on hunger strike,havent seen anything about that anywhere else. 

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I agree and your post seems to be very correct from what I observed in the first months of the pandemic here in 2020.  That was the deaths here in the north of members of my extended family who ended up dying after the Chinese new years, and having traveled to Bangkok to enjoy the festivities.  However, after returning home they became sick and a few weeks or so later they were gone dying at home and they were never tested, it was written about and many others agreed but then many disagreed and indicated it would be all over social media if deaths were occurring.  We now know that there were reported excess deaths during this time and that the MOPH locked off their databases and reports were washed from the internet. 

This was also around the same time I felt that I had a very bad case of the flu and sicker than I had ever been, having had the flu vaccine in the US before landing back here in November of 2019.  This has also been discussed and many I know feel they possibly had covid back then as well as it took a few months to clear from our bodies. 

ONe can only wonder what the true numbers were, especially when there were very cases being reported for months on end and so few deaths counted until the wave that swept through in December, and then the big Delta wave that we are still riding downwards.

Same experience for me.  Just around New Years (January 2020), traveling through Singapore I got sicker than I can ever remember.  By the time I got back to Thailand a week later, and went to a hospital to get checked, I had red eyes with green coming out of them.  Guessing that wasn't the flu.  

• Like 2

Well one thing can be said, the US is persistent on donating free vaccines to Thailand despite the previous paperwork issues, apparently this time it needs approval from the Thai cabinet first, how long will this one take while people's lives could be saved.

US government is planning to donate 1 million doses of Moderna Covid-19 vaccines to Thai government, Thai Foreign Affairs Ministry reveals

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is planning to inform the Thai Cabinet Committee that the government of the United States is preparing to donate an additional 1 million doses of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine to Thailand.

Foreign Affairs Minister Don Pramudwinai revealed to the press today, November 9th, that the US government is willing to donate mRNA vaccines to Thailand through the Department of Disease Control of the Ministry of Public Health.

The Ministry then will propose the matter to seek approval from the Cabinet at the next meeting. The initial number of the Moderna vaccines was about 1 million doses, according to the authorities, and will be delivered to the Kingdom soon.

https://tpnnational.com/2021/11/09/us-government-is-planning-to-donate-1-million-doses-of-moderna-covid-19-vaccines-to-thai-government-thai-foreign-affairs-ministry-reveals/

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

Love to hear more about the bar owner going on hunger strike,havent seen anything about that anywhere else. 

Pattaya bar owner goes on hunger strike over government diddling and re-opening fiasco

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/pattaya-bar-owner-goes-on-hunger-strike-over-government-diddling-and-re-opening-fiasco

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well one thing can be said, the US is persistent on donating free vaccines to Thailand despite the previous paperwork issues, apparently this time it needs approval from the Thai cabinet first, how long will this one take while people's lives could be saved.

Foreign Affairs Minister Don Pramudwinai revealed to the press today, November 9th, that the US government is willing to donate mRNA vaccines to Thailand through the Department of Disease Control of the Ministry of Public Health.

The Ministry then will propose the matter to seek approval from the Cabinet at the next meeting. The initial number of the Moderna vaccines was about 1 million doses, according to the authorities, and will be delivered to the Kingdom soon.

I don't understand the need to approve accepting a free vaccine donation with no strings attached. Do donations of vaccines hurt the Governments image or something.... well maybe they do.  However, to me it reeks of ineptitude and a lack of care for the Thai people.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pattaya bar owner goes on hunger strike over government diddling and re-opening fiasco

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/pattaya-bar-owner-goes-on-hunger-strike-over-government-diddling-and-re-opening-fiasco

Fair play to him.  I'm guessing he must be fairly confident that the bars will be reopening by 1 December.  It is a nonsense that Bangkok bars have reopened, yet Pattaya is still not allowing alcohol to be sold in restaurants!

• Like 1

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Fair play to him.  I'm guessing he must be fairly confident that the bars will be reopening by 1 December.  It is a nonsense that Bangkok bars have reopened, yet Pattaya is still not allowing alcohol to be sold in restaurants!

Of course its nonsense, apparently the CCSA is meeting about it this week, maybe he knew that so only needs to have his hunger strike for a couple of days...LOL

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I don't understand the need to approve accepting a free vaccine donation with no strings attached. Do donations of vaccines hurt the Governments image or something.... well maybe they do.  However, to me it reeks of ineptitude and a lack of care for the Thai people.

Maybe they have to see if there is any way brown envelopes may have to change hands!! And I totally agree with your comment with the debarcle there has been over not only donated vaccines but also the Moderna farce!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Two AZ jabs and no symptoms whatsoever....I must have been one of the lucky ones.

First AZ was fine till I went to bed, then got the chills and fever with aches, horrible night but better in the morning. Second jab no side effects at all, just hope they gave me the full dose...????

Daughter with Pfizer, first jab sore arm for two days, second jab, very high fever for 24 hours, off school and in bed but then recovered.

Wife with Sinovac, no side effects for either jabs, then booster with AZ aches and pains for a night then gone but she was happy to have them as she said it proved it was working....lol

• Like 2

I guess that the we shall see what kind of booster program is rolled out to the ExPat community and others who received the double jab of AZ.  When I hit the States in January I will check with my doctor and see if he recommends a booster before I return or to wait.  My second jab was on September 16th so I will do some research and see what the recommendations have been in the UK since I do not follow the actual vaccinations over that way.

• Like 1