Thailand Pass or Certificate of Entry: Clearing confusion for travelers

snoop1130

1 hour ago, VBF said:

With respect Harry, that is irrelevant.

If you are asking, thinking "Should the USA be demanding more from entrants?" - well, their policy appears to be to let the vaccinated in, which IMO is correct.

However if you're asking thinking "Should Thailand be letting people from the USA in?"  - well as long as those individuals are vaccinated, why not?

My point is the reason that Thailand still have all the entry requirements is due to a low % of the population being vaccinated. Whereas the US i'd suspect has a high % like most western countries by now.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

My point is the reason that Thailand still have all the entry requirements is due to a low % of the population being vaccinated. Whereas the US i'd suspect has a high % like most western countries by now.

Point taken but I do feel that what Thailand is doing is extreme. It's finding the happy medium that's the problem.

31 minutes ago, VBF said:

Point taken but I do feel that what Thailand is doing is extreme. It's finding the happy medium that's the problem.

People seem to have two gripes:

- all the extra hassle with CoE and TP applications

- additional costs.

TP IMO, is not going away any time soon, if they removed the costs involved with one night 'test and go' entry then i think more people would come.

Of course, as we all know, nothing is free here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daejung said:

In such a case, when you travel to Greece, greek government pays for all expenses (health and quarantine hotel) and not test is required for vaccinated people, only random test may be done at arrival at greek government's expense.

I didn't know that....but if that's the case...that's the way to do it. 

And, when you consider...Greece is not a wealthy country, whereas Thailand has become one...except that most of the wealth is in a few hands who don't appear to be willing to share it with their fellows.!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I don't care where your vaccine came from or what you paid for it, what's that got to do with anything?

Not sure the US has more % vaccinated. Many people refuse in the west, in Thailand they obey whatever rule they make. The whole thing has nothing to do with the numbers in my opinion. They just do what they did for the last 100+ years, make easy things difficult (for foreigners) so that those with power can control. 90 days, one year extensions, work permits, insurrences, no land ownership, PR, many rules considered discrimination in other countries etc etc, they just love (addicted) all that (useless) paperwork. The paperwork on arrival is just a new thing that we can add to the list. None of the above paperwork and rules are based on common sense.

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SPATHAKIS said:

Are  you  stupid or something.  It  costed  me  ( I have full vaccination )  insurance  31500 THB  and  the  tests   8500  THB  and the hotel  ( only  1 day quarantine )  8300 THB  plus  special  Taxi from airport to the hotel  1500 THB  ( normal price  500 THB )  ,  This  COE  certificate or Thai pass  it's never free,   It costed me nearly 50 000  THB.  You get nothing free here.

Cherry picking your costs: 

Insurance - need it & have it anyway even before Covid = no additional cost.

8300 baht plus 1500 taxi ??

All AQ packages in Bkk include Taxi & PCR test.

PCR test is 2200 baht so your accommodation was 6100 baht - where did you stay ? Shangrila ?

There are packages for 3900 baht (inc PCR & Taxi). 

You can't get any friends here  either if you don't pay them. 

It’s a very sad state if affairs if you can’t naturally develop mutually respectful friendships here & consider Thais would only be interested in you if you pay them. 

I had to come back  because  I am married to an unsual  good  Thai Lady, she never ask for any money. BUT   it took 15 years  to find a lady like that  and  she is one in million. So everywhere there are good people,  just  look  for them to find. Have a nice day.

Many people here (& anywhere else) are married to wonderful people. 
There is nothing unusual about that ! 

15 hours ago, SPATHAKIS said:

I am married to an unsual  good  Thai Lady, she never ask for any money. BUT   it took 15 years  to find a lady like that  and  she is one in million. So everywhere there are good people,  just  look  for them to find. Have a nice day.

That is unusual. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 12:50 PM, scorecard said:

Really, interesting how you have deliberately ignored that there's a global fast spreading deadly virus surrounding everyone. But of course there are folks who believe it's all fake. In the USA 780,000 deaths from the virus or perhaps you believe that's fake news too.

Got to be a Trump supporter, 

I am down here in Aussie and want to come over in May 22, but stopping in Taiwan first as we do not need a Visa never have, understand all the paper work can't find a list of the 63 countries that they are allowed in. as I want to go ahead and book my flight why the prices are reusable,  Understand Thai Pass but what is this COE stand for etc. maybe all this sh-t will be gone by then. thank's.