Bars, pubs and nightclubs in Thailand could remain closed until 2022

webfact

On 11/11/2021 at 8:46 AM, Jaxxper said:

If they opt for this option I can see they may have a mass revolt on their hands from the bar and restaurant owners. Haven’t those in the entertainment industry suffered enough ? They need some restart to a sustainable income for themselves and their staff. Keeping them closed is not living with Covid, it’s shying away from it.

@Jaxxper  i bet you wont get any revolt, barely a whimper out of them for seven months.  they will just swallow it, like they have been for all this time

Edited by paulikens
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@Jaxxper  i bet you wont get any revolt, barely a whimper out of them for seven months.  they will just swallow it, like they have been for all this time

As long as it doesn’t affect the hi so brigade nought will happen, they allowed alcohol in the restaurants in Bangkok to keep them sweet.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, paulikens said:

That's what they are tought from birth to be subservient bow down and groval to their masters 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

more good news, Germany reached a new record of 50,000 infections today

good luck attracting those European tourists ????

Being kept in the back pages - of the last month, the uptiks of record surges in Germany, UK, Spain, France, most of Scandinavia and the consistent numbers [for a year-n-a-half] in the USA. More baffling, is the high vaccination rate in these respective places are seeing overwhelming spikes in unvaccinated as well as the vaccinated. 

What's wrong with this picture?

7 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

7/11 are the big winners over xmas and new year.Do they want tourist coming or another  year gone

Just look who is the very good friend of the majority shareholder from the 7-11 shop chain. No wonder who is helping whom here.

On 11/11/2021 at 7:18 PM, tingtong said:

Meanwhile 7-11 happily sell alcohol....and the beach every evening is full of ppl drinking.

Hypocrisy.

7s sell food, maybe they are classed as restaurants, lucky you can still buy beer there, sit on the beech eat some crabs drink Leo, it’s luxury 

• Like 1

My local in prachuap is a shop on sea front i can buy a beer take a chair and walk across the road and drink. .. no one cares

However

I cannot take a beer and sit at the chair outside the shopfront its forbidden

My local in village I can sit and drink to my hearts content withmost of vilkage  ..no foreigner

It really does seem the gov has lost its mind or are they really trying to kill the entertainment  industry

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, poohy said:

My local in prachuap is a shop on sea front i can buy a beer take a chair and walk across the road and drink. .. no one cares

However

I cannot take a beer and sit at the chair outside the shopfront its forbidden

My local in village I can sit and drink to my hearts content withmost of vilkage  ..no foreigner

It really does seem the gov has lost its mind or are they really trying to kill the entertainment  industry

The latter. No. Both.☹️

7 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Being kept in the back pages - of the last month, the uptiks of record surges in Germany, UK, Spain, France, most of Scandinavia and the consistent numbers [for a year-n-a-half] in the USA. More baffling, is the high vaccination rate in these respective places are seeing overwhelming spikes in unvaccinated as well as the vaccinated. 

Uganda with only 2.7% vaccinated, 40 million people,some only first dose are getting over Covid and they are now running around with out facemasks, does that help?

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 8:01 PM, skorp13 said:

This PM is unbelievable! He asks business owners that he has shut down and not helped at all for what would be at least 8 months not to be selfish all the while he hasn't lost or sacrificed a thing

I think that explains the meaning of selfishness 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 7:54 PM, prakhonchai nick said:

Plus most of the country..............some beer served in coffee mugs, but many restaurants (formerly pubs) openly serving bottles

Prayut and his oppos need to get out of the office and participate in real life in Thailand.

Are they serving brown envelopes as well?

10 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Number of hospitalisations and deaths would be more useful, we know vaccinated can catch and spread covid

sounds like the govt wants control over the entertainment industry for themselves and their cronies.problem is they cant even organise a k pop star .i wish prayut would come clean- that he is there to protect the businesses of his masters.The one that put the cash up for the creation of his political party

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shackleton said:

What about poor old Brian Flowers doing his fasting until the bars in Pattaya open  

Looks like he is going to lose a lot of weight ????

He seems to be doing ok with those YouTube live videos, people donating money, makes a few hundred £ every time, Mister Egg from Le Pub on hunger strike also, coincidentally both are on diets anyway

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

He seems to be doing ok with those YouTube live videos, people donating money, makes a few hundred £ every time, Mister Egg from Le Pub on hunger strike also, coincidentally both are on diets anyway

Fasting not hunger strike, do they seriously believe the Thai government will take any notice of them ?

The Mayor of Pattaya or who ever is in charge need to be petitioning the government too at least allow alcohol in restaurants the same as Bangkok and Phuket.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DTL2014 said:

sounds like the govt wants control over the entertainment industry for themselves and their cronies.problem is they cant even organise a k pop star .i wish prayut would come clean- that he is there to protect the businesses of his masters.The one that put the cash up for the creation of his political party

I thought the military created his political party 

• Like 1

So all the bars that openly sell booze very near to police stations and are all over social media with pics and videos are "special" or perhaps their brown envelopes were fat enough to allow them to openly flaunt the "law"?  

I guess you are "selfish" if you don't offer up bigger envelopes.

Corruption at it's finest from the bottom to the top with no fear of retribution.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shackleton said:

What about poor old Brian Flowers doing his fasting until the bars in Pattaya open  

Looks like he is going to lose a lot of weight ????

Good on him. He looks like a fat slob anyway. Wont hurt to lose a few k's

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2021 at 3:21 AM, Harveyboy said:

yep loads on the beach here in jomtien Thai and foreign...look booze everywhere...great to see so many people particular the thais saying sod it we've had enough ...shame for the bars ..this weekend music festival could have helped these struggling people bar owners ..but the Hiso's of bangkok don't gove a Sheeeet if it does go into 2022 kiss goodbye to tourism 

I live in Jom Tien and am happy to hear they are allowing beer on the beaches, too bad I am stuck in Hawaii at the moment or I'd be down there with them................but I don't buy the 'Kiss the Tourists Goodbye" they are just being delayed for a while - soon they will be back in force and people will be making money just like 2018.  Tourists are a resilient bunch..............Peace

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I live in Jom Tien and am happy to hear they are allowing beer on the beaches, too bad I am stuck in Hawaii at the moment or I'd be down there with them................but I don't buy the 'Kiss the Tourists Goodbye" they are just being delayed for a while - soon they will be back in force and people will be making money just like 2018.  Tourists are a resilient bunch..............Peace

had a few beers on jomtien beach last week no probs everyone was drinking ...even sitting outside 7/11 at the tables with grog...good to see  

• Like 2