Change ownweship from wife to me .

pontious

13 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You need to get a certificate of residence from immigration (work permit or yellow book can be used instead)

Then take this document, your wife, the car and the blue book to the DLT and do as they tell you.

Thank you Jack.

30 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Passport, COR, Thai Car Driving Licence ( you & wife) ,Wife Thai ID, Wife House Book, Car Blue Book ( Showing Wife as Reg. Owner), COPY All, You, Wife, Car, DLT Form Completion (Thai). Confirmed at DLT last month.

If wife declares the vehicle as a gift, you get a waiver on taxes. Otherwise expect to fork out a nominal sum for tax based on the official value of the vehicle.

YMMV

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/14/2021 at 1:42 AM, pontious said:

Any hints what to do?

First and foremost you have to get the wife to agree to sign over to you, then follow the above posts, if you haven't discussed that with her, then expect all hell to break loose.

Good luck 

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2021 at 9:47 PM, jackdd said:

You need to get a certificate of residence from immigration (work permit or yellow book can be used instead)

Then take this document, your wife, the car and the blue book to the DLT and do as they tell you.

Make sure they know the transfer is between wife and husband otherwise a heavy charge.

9 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I don't believe there is a 'heavy' charge, when buying my car it was easier to put it in my wife's name from the dealer/previous owner, I don't recall any heavy charge, then on return to our province changed it to my name, I don't recall any heavy charge then ether.

It's 0.5% of the "purchase price", or of the value of the vehicle if it's a gift. Allegedly this is waived if it's transfered between married persons.

If this is "heavy" does obviously depend on the value of the vehicle.