Khao San Rd: Foreigners must take 100 baht swab tests if vax is old - ambulance on standby to take them away if positive

webfact

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Dont be giving them any ideas, this could catch on in all public places when they realise how much they could screw Farang over with another scam

In fact - this is a great idea to "milk" foreigners wherever they please. Any public place may turn into "TSC+ swab control" pass. 

While some bastards came up with pre-paid PCR tests on website like this 

www(dot)thailandpsas(dot)com, thais can simply install "thb100 swab check" everywhere:

parks, small sois, Makro, Tesco, 7/11 even famous beach at Pattaya can be "TSC+" arranged

Chinese swaps at 15-20 thb value sold with 500% markup? Great idea!

2 hours ago, webfact said:

have to take a 100 baht swab test and wait.

An ambulance is on hand to take them away if they turn out to be positive. 

Lol   !!!  ......    and 20,000 baht later for hospital, quarantine, tests etc .....     no way man !!

• Like 2

Have you seen all the medical waste that comes of ATK tests. I did one last week on day 6 after arrival. Look at the Ministry of Health videos of how to perform the tests with different brands. Then watch what the demonstrator does to discard the works: she used THREE big plastic bags. Mine was No. 11, the GSD NovaGen.

Videos for each ATK test brand.

asn-atkkit-waste.jpeg

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

If foreigners have been vaccinated six months ago they will have to take a 100 baht swab test and wait.

Nuff said......

glad i got my free pfizer booster days ago....I fly to swampy on the 19th   triple vaxxed pfizer---did my PCR today...let the hunger games begin

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Have you seen all the medical waste that comes of ATK tests. I did one last week on day 6 after arrival. Look at the Ministry of Health videos of how to perform the tests with different brands. Then watch what the demonstrator does to discard the works: she used THREE big plastic bags. Mine was No. 11, the GSD NovaGen.

Videos for each ATK test brand.

asn-atkkit-waste.jpeg

what does the C and T mean on result box?     c=cool  u can go    T- tainted!  seize him!

• Haha 1

This is concerning, but I dont think they will be the first or last. Middle class Thais are the most extreme hypochondriacs I've ever met - this is why addition/removal of out-patience on policies like Pacific Cross / LMG etc.. can be nearly half your policy annual fee, so it wouldn't surprise me to see other venues adopting this until those that pay the rent push back (bars in Koh san, shops in malls, stall holders at markets etc..)

Edited by asiam110

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hyperventilating posters here would be well-served to note:

1. The OP article says the rapid test scheme they're implementing at KSR ONLY applies for people whose most recent vaccinations are six months or more old.

2. The OP article indicates the testing in those circumstances is being done to Thais and foreigners alike.

Thank you.  I spent last Friday evening  in a bar on Khaosan road. All Thais and falang ( only me and a few others) were asked to show proof of vaccination. 1 minute at the entrance , calm pleasant and no problem.  The op includes this 

All foreigners are having their documentation checked even though that condition of entry to the country has already been satisfied.

Which is irrelevant as it ignores the majority of falang that have been here since Covid arrived, and thus includes many that may not have  had a vaccine.  For me the biggest headache was mentioned later:

He said that the changing of the alcohol hours from 9 pm to 11 pm is a tricky issue and one that was still being discussed. 

Pain having to change your drinking vessel at 20:59

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2