Thailand Pass is being upgraded but passenger stress stories continue with cancellation threats

webfact

8 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

You asked if she was mad. Not a pleasant comment. The difference in her posting  a clear indication of the mess that Thailand Pass is in. 

In American English mad means upset. Many British people seem to use the word mad as "crazy ". Sheryl is American and so am I. She and others are mad. That it DUDE! And I didn't ask if she was mad I said she seemed mad. I am for sure. Just to clear the smog from you. 

4 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

I don't blame you for testing. A good idea.  I wonder how many others are doing this giving the Government a false impression of the success of Thailand Pass. 555.

I won't need this until next year and I am monitoring the situation hoping that by the time I need it at least some of the issues are resolved. I am not confident.

I already have insurance which was used for COE, so I haven’t lost any monies yet

Flight tickets are NOT required for Thailand pass 

Hotel confirmation using AGODA receipt seems to work, and then cancel for free later after test is complete

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

On the other hand, it appears that despite the horrendous TP toe-stub on 1 November, the ongoing efforts to fix TP have mostly been been a success despite being carpet-bombed by maybe 40% or more duplicate applications.

Well, had it dawned on the thick skulls of those "geniuses" who were responsible for designing this "wonderful" system to have incorporated a "status check feature" into it from the outset (instead of belatedly adding one now as an after-thought as part of a so-called "upgrade"), maybe - just maybe - the "duplicate applications" issue to which you refer might never have arisen - or certainly not to the extent which it did!

Edited by OJAS

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

mine took 4 days on hotmail and 24 hours on Gmail. now i have two.

There are certainly many others who want to test and get to know the TP program and register twice or three times. And next week the government will proudly announce the latest figures on how many people have registered and want to travel to Thailand.

17 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Pointing out the difficulties of the pass is not bashing Thailand 

And, in any case, those who were responsible for designing this wretched system were, as I recall from the previous 72-page thread, German!

34 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

How you got" don't shoot the messenger " from what I posted to Sheryl is strange to me. But. I'm sure you are not from the North East USA and need .... I won't say. Slowly and in a non tree hugging way read my post Slowly! I EXACTLY explained some useful things that she as a respected poster might be able to tackle.  Are you from Cali? 
And btw. Thanks again Sheryl. 

Point taken.

It is difficult to keep a dedicated thread on topic. Perhaps I have been guilty.

I have 6 threads open on my computer and they are mixed up.

Just because things get done eventually does not mean success.  A system like this should be user friendly. After 17 days it is definitely not that. 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Vaccination record and QR. And the vaccination card is very problematic because they allow only one file to upload, some have more than 1 page or a front and back.

Not to mention that all files must be converted from pdf to jpeg or jpg

The vaccination cert / card is a relatively new addition as it made no difference in quarantine duration until July ( i think ).

Converting documents to another format is hardly a massive inconvienience. 

20 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

Point taken.

It is difficult to keep a dedicated thread on topic. Perhaps I have been guilty.

I have 6 threads open on my computer and they are mixed up.

Just because things get done eventually does not mean success.  A system like this should be user friendly. After 17 days it is definitely not that. 

I agree 1000%. I PM 'd Sheryl and she is just upset/ frustrated and ( American ) mad ( lol) like anyone who has tried or about to try Thailand Pass. I think we all agree on this. I hope ASEAN now might be able to keep the newer threads very pertinent and exact to each posters ( possibly country and type of visa/ visa exempt ) situation a little separate but this is not always possible.  

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Sorry I not an expert.

I made all my travel to Thailand with the old COE. Better you ask the support hotline.direct.

My question was referring to the experience of your friend, who, you wrote, uploaded pdf-docs and waited in vain for approval. I just tried to upload an pdf and got the error message below. Not sure if this error message is new, but at least with the current version of the TP-SW,  this should not happen. I agree that it is quite stupid not to accept pdf-docs, but the guidance is quite clear and I think with very basic understanding of web forms the TP application is easy.

If someone has trouble with the TP submission he should ask someone for help.

Error_pdf-upload.png

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, bolt said:

yes

but the actual submission and then waiting period was fast

I didn't pay for Flight ticket

free cancelation of room ( which i have now cancelled)

I already have COVID insurance from July for 12 months.

so my submission was only a test to see how long it would take, or how late i can book and pay, using AGODA is around 3 days anything less is not showing up on the Test & Go page Quarantine Deals Only 

I wonder how many other people tested like you? That could be a shock to the TAT system. 

FWIW.

Applied in UK last Friday for return at end of this month. Approved in a couple of hours. Having done COE in the past I think Thailand Pass is less user friendly. It's a pain you can't save an application and go back to it later. So you need to have everything sorted out and docs in jpg format before you start. I object to sending copies of passport / vax cert etc to a hotel just to get a booking, given Thailand's stellar data protection record, but there's no way round that.

Seems odd that TP has nowhere to state what category of visitor you are eg tourist, returning resident etc.

I've read that if vax cert from overseas only has first name / last name and you have a middle name in your passport, it can be a problem. UK certificates only put first name / last name regardless of whether your NHS records have your full name. However it obviously didn't cause any problems.

The most laborious part of the process was hotel booking (Centre Point Thonglor). Send all docs to them ... wait a day or so to get an approval and links to two separate payments, one for hotel, one for hospital for PCR test ... can't just pay them for everything. THB 6500 total (i splashed out for dinner and breakfast, which added THB 500!).

Good luck to anyone applying.

I suspect some issues may be caused by the converting PDF to JPG process. Screenshots sometimes are not very good quality. If you use a Mac, then the pre-installed Preview programme has a helpful 'Export As ..." function for a PDF file that let's you choose JPG and makes goof quality files. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:
23 hours ago, thaiman said:

Do you use Agoda's confirmation code for all the inputs for Acommodation?  or do you need to contact the hotel and get confirmation from them?

Through all my CoE applications (4) i dealt directly with hotel, there's really no benifit to go through Agoda IMO.

The standard, single page agoda booking receipt is accepted for TP without additional paperwork or follow up. The two AQ hotels I had booked direct with as a backup fell silent for almost 4 days despite a couple of follow-up emails asking if I could have their paperwork for the TP application. Admittedly, that was in the first week and by all accounts things are running smoother now, either dealing direct or via agoda.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

I don’t understand why they are messing around with this kiddie system. If they truly want tourists, stop F’ing them around and expedite the process, or languish and lose. Look what other countries are doing you donkeys. Stop making everything complicated BECAUSE YOU CAN!

As for ‘other countries’, neighboring Cambodja is setting an example with a crystal-clear announcement breathing ‘welcome, foreigner’. Sooo very different from the ambiguous, open to many interpretations and daily changing Thai government ‘communications’.

Read it here: https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/covid-19

• Like 1

i just checked  AXA thai

beginning october bought insurance  for GF 2730 thb  with 100.000 $ covid

now was checking , think now 50.000 $  and was think 100 thb cheaper,like thais are

NO !!!!

Insurance is now 4200 THB   a 100% increase with lower coverage of 50.000

no words

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2021 at 3:46 PM, BazzaJames said:

More positive input on work arounds with ThaiPass would be a breath of freshair to those trying to cope with a stressful situation. Has anyone had an easier time with this thing using Gmail/Firefox??

Yes, it seems the essentials are: All documents saved and sent as .jpg's, then submit using Mozilla Firefox web browser rather than Google Chrome, and only supply a Gmail email address for correspondence.

Given that your documents are all correct you will get a speedy acceptance, from my personal experience

1 hour ago, OJAS said:
5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

On the other hand, it appears that despite the horrendous TP toe-stub on 1 November, the ongoing efforts to fix TP have mostly been been a success despite being carpet-bombed by maybe 40% or more duplicate applications.

Well, had it dawned on the thick skulls of those "geniuses" who were responsible for designing this "wonderful" system to have incorporated a "status check feature" into it from the outset (instead of belatedly adding one now as an after-thought as part of a so-called "upgrade"), maybe - just maybe - the "duplicate applications" issue to which you refer might never have arisen - or certainly not to the extent which it did!

Hi.

I thought you had me on your ignore list.

50 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:
51 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Oh I expect airport would be same. I thought you meant the online registration process.

I beleive that was the question he was asking about, the arrival process at the airport, i may be wring tho??

FWIW, from seat belts light off to hotel room was roughly 80 minutes.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Actually for many people (depending on type of computer and what software they already have) it will  require researching the process and downloading and installing new software. PDF to jpeg/jpg is not something one needs to do often.

4-5 documents involved (depending on how the vaccine record is set up).  Insurance certificates and hotel cinfirmation come in pdf. It is hardly user friendly to set up a system that won't accept the foemat these documents typically come in.

YpouTube will show you in approx 5 minutes how to do it with the software that comes with your computer.

53 minutes ago, steevjee said:

Yes, it seems the essentials are: All documents saved and sent as .jpg's, then submit using Mozilla Firefox web browser rather than Google Chrome, and only supply a Gmail email address for correspondence.

Given that your documents are all correct you will get a speedy acceptance, from my personal experience

Not always. As I have posted elsewhere, exact same vaccination record (with QR code) that was accepted on one registration was rejected on another.  The whole thing seems to be luck of the draw. Some people find it goes smoothly, others have to re-register multiple times...and not because of anything wrong with their documents.

It is not necessary to supply a gmail address. Just not a hotmail or yahoo address (which is warned of on the app).

• Like 1

According to some reports, It seems risky to apply just 7 days prior to departure to Thailand, especially if you have some obscure vacc. certificate. That begs the question: how long before departure can you apply for the Thailand Pass. Did anyone try say 4 weeks before departure? Is there an official time period in which you can apply?