The government says truckers demands are impossible as protest intensifies

webfact

screenshot_15791.jpg

By Panithan Onthaworn

The government can only cap diesel prices at 30 baht per litre until the end of this year, the Energy Ministry said on Tuesday, dismissing a trucker group’s demand for a further cut to 25 baht.

“The government will seek to keep the prices under 30 baht per litre as discussed with the private sector and relevant agencies,” Energy Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Supattanapong Punmeechaow told reporters.

Supattanapong said the ministry is proposing to the cabinet to issue extra 20-billion-baht loans to top up the State Oil Fund, in a bid to continue subsidizing diesel prices under 30 baht.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/35017/the-government-says-truckers-demands-are-impossible-as-protest-intensifies/

ti.jpg

If it isnot the transportation of goods then someone tellme why the prices are going up?  

I agree the government can not subsidize the prices or force PTT and others to take a loss.  That hurts the people that have the stations.  It is not like N.A. used to be anymore where gas is just a get me in the lot and then I will make money on repairs.

Remember the old your fan belt looks old or when was the last time yu checked the oil  

• Confused 1

Demands are impossible and will not go below 30bht.

But the government will subsidized the price below 30 baht.

Now that's telling the truckers, just like it's stand with rice and rubber. We stand firm with our minimum, we make no concessions to these protesters but "gift" you a way around. A "twisty" economic policy that NCPO Leader Prayut prosecuted PM Yingluck for similar schemes and confiscated her assets. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

They could do like in other countries. Instead of complaining over prices that are going up, they could raise their own prices. I think that is a common business practise.

Or do it Thai style. Both.

45 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Surprise surprise, from living in Thailand!

You must have chosen a very bad part, that I have not found in 15 years. Or you might just be one of those who wish to have the advantage of living in Thailand as long as you can say that everyone and everything is bad.

However, I wish you great happiness in your self-made misery.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1