Fleeing on a train! 175 million duty dodging fugitive nabbed on the Bangkok to Chiang Mai express

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that railway police connected to the central investigation bureau arrested a 65 year old man wanted on a warrant after he fled following an appeals court decision over the non-payment of duty.

Sujit was arrested on Monday at 7.45 pm on the Bangkok to Chiang Mai #9 train.

He has been on the run since a warrant for his arrest was issued in April 2019.

He was a senior executive in a PVC import business for subsequent export of plastics products made in Thailand.

He was prosecuted for not paying the required duty and taxes on imports and won a case in a lower court.

But prosecutors appealed to a higher court and won getting a judgment of one year in prison and a fine of 175 million baht against the defendant. 

Following his arrest he was taken to court still protesting his innocence. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-17

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

so the old No.9  to Chiang Mai was his mistake  .......  he shoulda got the 604 to Phitsanulok and then jumped on the 420 to Chiang Mai ....  he could have saved 8 baht.

Sounds good.

How long does the journey take?

Any overnight long distance train journey on Thai trains is a pleasure, that's if you're not in a hurry and are an old romantic.......................You always meet loadsa folk, up for a chat, with good old fashioned Thai hospitality food sharing, a few vendors selling their culinary treats and the 'clickety clack' as you drift off, together with the early morning expectation of where you're headed.............................Just perfect IMO..............

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bojo said:

You always meet loadsa folk, up for a chat, with good old fashioned Thai hospitality food sharing, a few vendors selling their culinary treats and the 'clickety clack' as you drift off

you mean some old fart who can't mind his own business, food sharing lol ..... I wouldn't eat anything that some old geeeeza hands me that's for sure,  culinary treats hahaha ....   vendors with buckets of cr_p that likely harbors ecoli and steplocoliste,  and the clickety clack is the trains wheels almost falling off due to it's age and no maintenance .... and how can anyone drift off if being shaken and banged for 10 hours ...    Lol

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

you mean some old fart who can't mind his own business, food sharing lol ..... I wouldn't eat anything that some old geeeeza hands me that's for sure,  culinary treats hahaha ....   vendors with buckets of cr_p that likely harbors ecoli and steplocoliste,  and the clickety clack is the trains wheels almost falling off due to it's age and no maintenance .... and how can anyone drift off if being shaken and banged for 10 hours ...    Lol

wow, sounds like your experiences and take on things are certainly different from mine....................

• Haha 2