Incentives being considered to entice remaining 11m Thais to get vaccinated

snoop1130

9 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Canberra, Australia, currently at 97% double vax for over 12’s.

Understood. Even the USA is at 80% for those over 12. They usually give the vax rates as a % of total population. Thailand currently has 77% fully vaxed if you exclude under 12's.

1 minute ago, nattaya09 said:

Understood. Even the USA is at 80% for those over 12. They usually give the vax rates as a % of total population. Thailand currently has 77% fully vaxed if you exclude under 12's.

Thailand at 77% fully vaxxed is way off base. Its on its way but a long way yet before it gets anywhere near that figure for fully vaxxed of the target population (not including children and adolescents)

Thailand is now at 54.23% double dosed.

image.png.7a19864fd34d730819e426a145f769d6.png

https://covidtracker-th.netlify.app/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand at 77% fully vaxxed is way off base. Its on its way but a long way yet before it gets anywhere near that figure for fully vaxxed of the target population (not including children and adolescents)

Thailand is now at 54.23% double dosed.

image.png.7a19864fd34d730819e426a145f769d6.png

https://covidtracker-th.netlify.app/

Assuming about 15% of the population is under 12 years old, that leaves an eligible population of about 60M.  That gives 65% of the eligible population currently fully vaxed currently so I botched my math

6 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

Assuming about 15% of the population is under 12 years old, that leaves an eligible population of about 60M.  That gives 65% of the eligible population currently fully vaxed currently so I botched my math

You better let the CCSA know, in their slide today in the situation update they said it was 53.9%, that is the "official number"

image.png.bc11da469042080520d91b3fae461751.png

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/201164.pdf

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2021 at 10:59 AM, mikebike said:

Lottery. Thais love the lottery... Do like one of the States in the USA did and give everyone who gets jabbed a chance to win a million baht.

Why not pay each citizen an amount of money for getting the shot?

Give each Thai 10,000 Bath after their second shot and 5.000 baht each time a booster is needed.

It would be cheaper overall.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You better let the CCSA know, in their slide today in the situation update they said it was 53.9%, that is the "official number"

image.png.bc11da469042080520d91b3fae461751.png

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/201164.pdf

They are reporting the numbers based on the total population, not the eligible (ie: 12 years and older) population.  If you note the context of my original reply to CygnusX1 above, we were referencing "eligible" population

6 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

They are reporting the numbers based on the total population, not the eligible (ie: 12 years and older) population.  If you note the context of my original reply to CygnusX1 above, we were referencing "eligible" population

take a look at this slide also from the briefing and you can work it out:

image.png.7d51b5c0578850b2ce0a4f159fb0794e.png

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/191164.pdf

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

Thanks, but I can't read Thai

Ok it confirms their official statistic of 53.9% of the population double dosed as in the first slide I posted. The 12 - 17 year age group is already included in that figure, they calculate the number of adolescents in that age group to be 4.5 million out of a total population of 72 million.

Edited by Bkk Brian

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ok it confirms their official statistic of 53.9% of the population double dosed as in the first slide I posted. The 12 - 17 year age group is already included in that figure, they calculate the number of adolescents in that age group to be 4.5 million out of a total population of 72 million.

I agree with that number (54%). But it's based on the total population of 70 million which includes those under 12 years old as well. My original comment above that you replied to ("..Thailand currently has 77% fully vaxed if you exclude under 12's...")  was a response to a comment referencing the population over 12 years old vaxed in Canberra, Australia. As I also mentioned , I should have said 65% as my math was wrong

12 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

I agree with that number (54%). But it's based on the total population of 70 million which includes those under 12 years old as well. My original comment above that you replied to ("..Thailand currently has 77% fully vaxed if you exclude under 12's...")  was a response to a comment referencing the population over 12 years old vaxed in Canberra, Australia. As I also mentioned , I should have said 65% as my math was wrong

Not quite, the official population of Thailand figure they are quoting is 72,034,775

That does not include the under 12 year olds in that figure as per the graph posted so that would be more on top of the 72 million

Edited by Bkk Brian

On 11/19/2021 at 8:53 PM, patman30 said:

are they not supposed to start with free donuts

yeh threat of exclusion from society is a great incentive for people to choose to get jabbed
thats clearly not coercion but a choice they will make of their own free will????‍♂️

My guess .... a signed photo of dear leader.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:52 AM, Golden Triangle said:

My mil won't get jabbed, so I told my mrs to inform her that unfortunately we won't be visiting them or going out for a meal, you know how much they like a freebie feast and a cost free visit to a supermarket for a monthly shop.

@johngI know you don't like my replies and I respect that and expected it, but I refuse to put myself or anyone else at risk, the rest of the family have all been jabbed, why should she be the thorn in the side of the population, all family members have been done except for mum, a bit selfish as far as I'm concerned.

Its shocking how many on this forum appear to be anti vaccination. I assume their lifes are so empty that playing the rebel enlivens them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Virt said:

Why not pay each citizen an amount of money for getting the shot?

Give each Thai 10,000 Bath after their second shot and 5.000 baht each time a booster is needed.

I’ve suggested this in 2 previous posts, along with the question “Can anyone see any problems with this?” Since nobody’s ever replied, I assume that everyone thinks it’s a great idea!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

I’ve suggested this in 2 previous posts, along with the question “Can anyone see any problems with this?” Since nobody’s ever replied, I assume that everyone thinks it’s a great idea!

Its fine in theory but wealth distribution is not on this Thai governments agenda. For goodness sake they are not even helping struggling companies and the mass unemployed.

On 11/19/2021 at 11:58 AM, CygnusX1 said:

Seriously, why not 20,000 baht to every Thai citizen who’s fully vaccinated? Can anyone see any problems with that? The Thai Govt could fund it just by printing money, might drop the value of the baht slightly, which mightn’t be a bad thing. 

Lol , coups have taken place because the ' peasants ' have been given far less than that.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Justanotherone said:
diabetes, high blood sugar, insulin resistance,  high death rates amongst that catergory of people

has not be debated by ANY government in the world

every big sugar consumption will put your immune system to sleep for 4-6 hours (fact)

so getting infected while on a sugar high / low immune situation is real

same goes for medication that suppresses your own immune system

giving donuts or ice-cream after a jab, as I saw at a vaccination camp near my shopping mall

is contra indicated

but a vaccine apparently even cures the sickest of population of EVERYTHING

I love the talks about : vaccinated should pay hospitalization out of their own pocket

I AGREE

as I do anyway, but try to avoid HOSPITALS as the PEST and try not having to go there

you with your expensive super nice insurance that pays for everything

I prefer to not have to go see a MD for pills to threat something that is probably self inflicted

I don't mean for stabbings or road accidents, EMERGENCY room is the best for that

for chronic diseases, mostly self inflicted by eating junk, never be in the sun , not exercising... 

not one government address :   stop eating junk food and sugar, get in the sun, get some extra vitamin D, get your vitamin D levels checked

studies show that many hospitalized people are... super low in vitamin D

but hey, call me a conspiracy terrorist (lol)

20 months, no jab, probably had covid beginning of last year, got over it after a few days

Regardless of the fact that your post is a giant red herring , all developed countries push preventative measures hard.

The salient fact is that vaccination gives you a far higher chance of not getting seriously ill from any future infection , the same goes for any anti vax buddies you may infect.

In the UK 90% of covid hospitalisations are UNVACINATED , im sure that is pretty much universal , the question is ; ' Do you feel lucky punk '.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Its shocking how many on this forum appear to be anti vaccination. I assume their lifes are so empty that playing the rebel enlivens them.

Sitting in your mother's  basement surrounded by empty pizza boxes with nothing else to do makes one a rebel with many a cause. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stoker58 said:

This is the graph for Singapore cases on Worldometer right now. I don’t see any reduction in cases there, do you? You really should not post false claims on forums like this.

Well that is a graph of total cases and a reduction would be impossible. 

Show us a graph of 'Active Cases', or 'Daily New Cases' and you will see the reduction. 

5 minutes ago, Stoker58 said:

You really should not post false claims on forums like this.

Do you have an agenda?

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 3:37 AM, Jingthing said:

I think incentives can be helpful along with negative consequences for being stubborn. But it's kind of unfair to give a reward to the stragglers and not to those that stepped up to do the right thing because it was the right thing.

Yes, the use of electric cattle prods would be more appropriate....555

On 11/19/2021 at 4:59 AM, mikebike said:

Lottery. Thais love the lottery... Do like one of the States in the USA did and give everyone who gets jabbed a chance to win a million baht.

I'm not a gambler.  I prefer what one place in New Orleans did.  Get the shot and a bowl of noodles, then get a real shot at a bar across the street.  All for free.

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2021 at 10:53 PM, patman30 said:

are they not supposed to start with free donuts

yeh threat of exclusion from society is a great incentive for people to choose to get jabbed
thats clearly not coercion but a choice they will make of their own free will????‍♂️

Strangely enough all countries seem to be doing the same thing’s, schools closed for a few days now as teachers protest about being forced into vaccination or loose their jobs,, nurses doing the same and protestors we’re all over the streets here in NZ’ land. My wife said Macro Huahin was closed yesterday from Covid,I don’t know how long that will be for.

• Like 1